Author Topic: The Final stand-alone Trump-related Toons 11/8/16  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: The Final stand-alone Trump-related Toons 11/8/16
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 07:31:47 AM »
More great 'toons!  Thank you pookie!  :patriot:
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline pookie18

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 07:41:38 AM »
Great stuff, Pookie!  In a year in which we don't know whether to laugh or cry, you facilitate the better alternative.  Thanks for all you do.

My pleasure, as ever & thanks for your kind thoughts, massadvj!

Offline Wingnut

• Bicycling Forum Mod.
  • I'm a Psyclepath.
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 09:04:59 AM »
Great stuff, Pookie!  In a year in which we don't know whether to laugh or cry, you facilitate the better alternative.  Thanks for all you do.

Yeah...What he said!
 :seeya:

Offline pookie18

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »
Yeah...What he said!
 :seeya:

Backatcha, Wingnut!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 02:41:44 AM »
Thank You, pookie, for an incredible and incredibly diplomatic job this election season.
You have navigated troubled waters, indeed, and done a bang up job (somehow, that just didn't seem like the right expression) extraordinarily well. My hat is off to you!

A thought which summed up the whole election for many:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=440l8poSQiA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=440l8poSQiA</a>

(From one of my all-time favorite movies)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!

And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Offline pookie18

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 08:13:36 AM »
Thank You, pookie, for an incredible and incredibly diplomatic job this election season.
You have navigated troubled waters, indeed, and done a bang up job (somehow, that just didn't seem like the right expression) extraordinarily well. My hat is off to you!

A thought which summed up the whole election for many:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=440l8poSQiA

(From one of my all-time favorite movies)

Thanks so much for the kind comments, @Smokin Joe! Appreciate them coming from you! Also thanks for the film clip. I should also mention that (as you may already know) I post the toons at 7 sites & this was the only site at which I felt comfortable enough to post this specific thread...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf