Author Topic: One of the Many Reasons I Think Trump and His Mobs of Fans Are A Bigger Threat To Liberty Than From Hillary  (Read 11567 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
OMFG!  Why do some of you persist in acting like jackasses?  Your man won.  Be happy.  Sometimes I think some of you are certifiable.

Please stop trying to ruin this site.  If you don't have any self-respect, at least show some respect for @mystery-ak and @R4 TrumPence .  I for one am sick and tired of the childishness.  If you *must* rub noses in the dirt, why don't you focus on the Liberals or are their tears not good enough for you?  Believe me, none of those that recognize that Trump is not socially conservative are crying.  They're happy knowing the HRC has been relegated to the dustbin of loser history.  You aren't going to get your dirt-encrusted tear satisfaction from us; especially since a great number of us voted for your man over the Hildabeast.

Give it up already!

/rant off

You're alright.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OMFG!  Why do some of you persist in acting like jackasses?  Your man won.  Be happy.  Sometimes I think some of you are certifiable.

Please stop trying to ruin this site.  If you don't have any self-respect, at least show some respect for @mystery-ak and @R4 TrumPence .  I for one am sick and tired of the childishness.  If you *must* rub noses in the dirt, why don't you focus on the Liberals or are their tears not good enough for you?  Believe me, none of those that recognize that Trump is not socially conservative are crying.  They're happy knowing the HRC has been relegated to the dustbin of loser history.  You aren't going to get your dirt-encrusted tear satisfaction from us; especially since a great number of us voted for your man over the Hildabeast.

Give it up already!

/rant off

888high58888
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The greatest dangers to using Twitter, unfiltered, are the cumulative releases of information which, assembled, could compromise national security.
People who are not painfully aware of how crumbs can be analyzed to assemble remarkably accurate pictures of what is going on behind the scenes can leak information that could be critical and remain oblivious to doing so, especially hotheaded people.

Aside from that, there remains the possibility of a hacked account broadcasting faux statements which could cause a lot of trouble in everything from international relations to the markets, if the genuine account holder doesn't manage to accomplish that all by himself.

I'm more concerned about using that tech to gin up animosity and hatred against any person or group that disagrees with Trump.  We have watched him do that this entire campaign.  He did it to Cruz and his wife.  We saw him do it to Ben Carson.  He even spent an entire week slamming a Venezuelan beauty pageant contestant for her remarks that dissed his candidacy.

What happens to those of us who disagree with Trump on policy?  Are we to be made pariahs of the state?  Worse? 

Twitter is an awful tool in the hands of a demagogue without restraint.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline doghouse

Me a threat?  Nope, unless someone tries to cross the line onto my ground, as in stand my ground.  Legalities, laws, and legal processes must be observed and honored.
Anyone who prefers Hillary to Trump is as low on my scale as Hillary herself.  She is a criminal who will be held responsible for her actions.  She will not go there willingly nor will her supporters have the honor or honesty to admit her crimes even after she is convicted.

I, unlike Hillary, do believe in obeying the laws and the people I call friends, my personal supporters, would never make an excuse for me breaking any laws.....

I think that clearly defines the ground we walk on and the extent of our personal ethics.

Having attended many of the mandatory annual and biannual briefings on the care of, accountability, release, and control of classified data I know exactly what Hillary was briefed on. She was required to take these very same briefings and Obama has certified that she did. (he was her boss and it was his responsibility to ensure she attended these mandatory briefings)

This means that I, and millions of vets, have primary knowledge of what she was told in these classes.  It also means that we all know she lied her ass off and is guilty as hell of creating the largest national security breach in the history of our nation.

That is why it is imperative to continue the investigation of her criminal activities and to utilize a federal grand jury and impartial special prosecutor to complete the process.
Both Hillary and her supporters think she is above the laws and the rule of law in our nation.   
NOT!!!!!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm more concerned about using that tech to gin up animosity and hatred against any person or group that disagrees with Trump.  We have watched him do that this entire campaign.  He did it to Cruz and his wife.  We saw him do it to Ben Carson.  He even spent an entire week slamming a Venezuelan beauty pageant contestant for her remarks that dissed his candidacy.

What happens to those of us who disagree with Trump on policy?  Are we to be made pariahs of the state?  Worse? 

Twitter is an awful tool in the hands of a demagogue without restraint.
I agree.
First the appeal is to people who can express their worldview on a person or topic in 140 characters or less, who require neither in depth information, nor have the attention span to digest it. It is the backyard fence combined with a lynch mob moving at the speeds of high bandwidth.
"Social media" have been used to enhance and organize riots, already. It would take little to gin up a brownshirt squad to go after specific victims. The only defense would be to get in and follow those likely to be involved so one could mount a credible defense.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I agree.
First the appeal is to people who can express their worldview on a person or topic in 140 characters or less, who require neither in depth information, nor have the attention span to digest it. It is the backyard fence combined with a lynch mob moving at the speeds of high bandwidth.
"Social media" have been used to enhance and organize riots, already. It would take little to gin up a brownshirt squad to go after specific victims. The only defense would be to get in and follow those likely to be involved so one could mount a credible defense.

One issue I myself have faced is having large numbers of Trump supporters following me for no other reason than to harass me or others who don't fall in line. Another trick is to report me en masse for spamming in an attempt to get my twitter account shut down.

I have friends on twitter who have faced far worse.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm more concerned about using that tech to gin up animosity and hatred against any person or group that disagrees with Trump. 

You don't think Hillary had even more potential to do that given the left's much greater influence within the mainstream media -- not just news, but entertainment, etc.?

Honestly, I'm still seeing far more actual thuggery from the left than I am from Trump's supporters, and it's not even close.

Offline Smokin Joe

You don't think Hillary had even more potential to do that given the left's much greater influence within the mainstream media -- not just news, but entertainment, etc.?

Honestly, I'm still seeing far more actual thuggery from the left than I am from Trump's supporters, and it's not even close.
Hillary is a footnote. Obama used all that to good effect to keep Baltimore and Fergusson going. He even sent out DOJ field reps.

If you want to discuss what HAS been done, you are certainly correct. The Left has the prize for rioting and mayhem. If you want to talk about what could be done, all bets are off.
Generally, folks on the Right don't riot in their neighborhoods, because their neighbors would take out the trash. Note, I haven't accused Trump supporters of rioting and burning towns.

Consider, though, that his campaign had two major bases, that of anger and of fear. Anger at what has or hasn't been done in the last 8, 12, 20, even 24 years, and fear of what Hillary might do. Those were effectively harnessed, and, on occasion, ginned up using half truths and falsehoods and directed at his opponents during the primary, too.

Those are powerful emotions and were harnessed to a great extent and effect using twitter, Facebook, and various fora on the web. The degree of anger seen was unprecedented in the last 40 years, and in the time I have been on the web, and the really disconcerting part was that it was not reserved for Democrats, but even those who supported different candidates during the primaries. Many who might have been persuaded to vote for Trump were convinced not to by his supporters' rancor as much as the man, himself. 

To say that those same emotions could not be harnessed in the future by the same means, or that they could not be used to work up mobs like the Democrats and Liberals have, is simply disingenuous. That anger and frustration is still present, only looking for someone to blame.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

No.

Hillary never enjoyed the cult-like status that both Obama and Trump enjoy from their rabid fans.  She never had a base of voters beyond donors that were invested in her cult of personality and she is not regarded among her own political party with the devotion that her husband enjoyed.

Hillary would have continued to rail against the right wing conspiracy and guns, and all the assorted crap she is already known for.  But I guess we will never know - because she is not going to be Dear Leader and assume the throne, even if the militant Leftists want to cause as much mayhem they can to demand they get what they want.

Personally, I got no death threats from Hillary's morons based on whom I said I was voting for.  I got not promises of punishment to be visited upon my person because I refused to support the party nominee early enough 'to matter'.  And while I am reading all the delicious rending of garments by the Left over Trump and the usual concrete jungle malcontents doing what all blackshirts stoked to mayhem via opportunity will do, I still read more direct and subtle promises of punishment now that the Alt Right's prince is going to be ruler than I read of the threats coming from your average Democrat.

As I wrote earlier in another thread - a malignant bunch of pathetic sore winners I have never witnessed before like I have read online from the Trump militants, who are invested in their political messiah as intimately as Obama's were to his.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Yep! I will agree with this. Not only are the leftist way more thuggish but a lot of the incidents in which a Trump supporter is alleged to have committed some misdeed have been fraudulent and/or self-inflicted.

We still need to be vigilant of Trump though.

Offline Longmire

Having attended many of the mandatory annual and biannual briefings on the care of, accountability, release, and control of classified data I know exactly what Hillary was briefed on. She was required to take these very same briefings and Obama has certified that she did. (he was her boss and it was his responsibility to ensure she attended these mandatory briefings)

This means that I, and millions of vets, have primary knowledge of what she was told in these classes.  It also means that we all know she lied her ass off and is guilty as hell of creating the largest national security breach in the history of our nation.

That is why it is imperative to continue the investigation of her criminal activities and to utilize a federal grand jury and impartial special prosecutor to complete the process.
Both Hillary and her supporters think she is above the laws and the rule of law in our nation.   
NOT!!!!!

Roger that...letting the Clintons off the hook feeds the narrative that the charges against her were ginned up in the first place.

There needs to be a definitive conclusion to this investigation...for Clinton, for Comey, and for the country.

Offline goodwithagun

We have complained about Obama and the left doing exactly that because they inspire the nutcases to act.

The thing about Trumpers is that they don't want a conservative, Constitution abiding POTUS. They want an obama that makes decisions they like. For example, I don't want any president, R, D, or otherwise, creating executive orders. Trumpers are fine with executive orders as long as those orders are in thier interest. Mind you, they railed against obama using his pen and his phone, but Trump is thiers so it's okay.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The thing about Trumpers is that they don't want a conservative, Constitution abiding POTUS. They want an obama that makes decisions they like. For example, I don't want any president, R, D, or otherwise, creating executive orders. Trumpers are fine with executive orders as long as those orders are in thier interest. Mind you, they railed against obama using his pen and his phone, but Trump is thiers so it's okay.

I want a constitutionalist president and Trump has a long history of complaints about various constitutional processes.

Offline Victoria33

First the appeal is to people who can express their worldview on a person or topic in 140 characters or less, who require neither in depth information, nor have the attention span to digest it.
@Smokin Joe

I have never used twitter and won't.  I cannot explain my solving the world's problems in 140 characters or less.  Also, writing a few sentences often leaves the reader to make a wrong interpretation of the sentences. 

Trump uses twitter as his brain works in spurts (no deep thinking there) and he also speaks in spurts.  We have a spurty (I just made up that new word) president.

"Spurt definition: to expel in a stream or jet."
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:07:08 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I have never used twitter and won't.  I cannot explain my solving the world's problems in 140 characters or less.  Also, writing a few sentences often leaves the reader to make a wrong interpretation of the sentences. 

Trump uses twitter as his brain works in spurts (no deep thinking there) and he also speaks in spurts.  We have a spurty (I just made up that new word) president.

"Spurt definition: to expel in a stream or jet."
"Spurty" seems appropriate. A spurt, after all, is just a drip under pressure.

C S Lewis

Offline doghouse

"If you or those of your ilk wish me harm, bring it on".

Really, you just insinuated a huge lie in indicating that I may be a violent person.  I'm not, at least not anymore. 

I left that behind along with 24 years with the 75th airborne.  And by the way anyone who knows anything about delivering lethal violence would never, ever, warn someone or brag about it on a board like this. 

I took your rookie post as a professional insult.  LOL not really I just took it as coming from an ignorant keyboard warrior.

Just kidding of course.

My GI bill was totally wasted in 3 years of on campus gunsmithing college.  I didn't totally waste all my ARMY training.  I now build and shoot long range comp rifles.

Insinuating that someone is or maybe violent over a post in here when no threat is made is totally irrational.

Offline Smokin Joe

"If you or those of your ilk wish me harm, bring it on".

Really, you just insinuated a huge lie in indicating that I may be a violent person.  I'm not, at least not anymore. 

I left that behind along with 24 years with the 75th airborne.  And by the way anyone who knows anything about delivering lethal violence would never, ever, warn someone or brag about it on a board like this. 

I took your rookie post as a professional insult.  LOL not really I just took it as coming from an ignorant keyboard warrior.

Just kidding of course.

My GI bill was totally wasted in 3 years of on campus gunsmithing college.  I didn't totally waste all my ARMY training.  I now build and shoot long range comp rifles.

Insinuating that someone is or maybe violent over a post in here when no threat is made is totally irrational.

So how do you like your crow cooked.  I noticed not a single work of reality crept into this thread.   

The Trumpsters are not creeping or hiding but those who spoke against them sure the hell are.

Who is hiding? Who is creeping? I, for one, am doing neither. If you or those of your ilk wish me harm, bring it on. If you want to act like adults and move forward, I'm all for that, too, so enough bullshit. Defecate or vacate the pot.

Lets get the whole conversation in there, shall we?

If you aren't posting your CV as some sort of veiled threat, then what?  As for me, like you said you would do in a later post, I will defend me and mine with everything I have, if attacked by anyone. I'm damned sure neither creeping nor hiding.

I have been threatened by enough Trumpers at TOS I've had it with this shit. If you feel froggy, leap. Otherwise, either we get along and do something for this country, or who got elected won't make a damned bit of difference.

C S Lewis

Offline doghouse

"I have been threatened by enough Trumpers at TOS I've had it with this shit. If you feel froggy, leap. Otherwise, either we get along and do something for this country, or who got elected won't make a damned bit of difference".

As I stated, I did 24 years with the 75th airborne Rangers.  In that time I served overseas for 16 years and completed 6 different combat tours.

I have done much for my country but the keyboard warriors are way to ignorant to see or understand what true service to our country really looks like.

I have said nothing that is a threat to you.  You have indicated that I have and that is a bold faced lie.

I am a moderate independent and take shots from both the left and the right.  Political boards are a bloodsport so one should enjoy the confrontations or not be here. 

When you lob a shot across my bow you get a broadside from me.  If you don't like it then don't take cheap shot insinuations at me.  If you do then grow a pair and take your medicine.

Offline Rivergirl

Sir, there are no words to thank you enough for your service.
Blessings to you and yours.

Offline Smokin Joe

"I have been threatened by enough Trumpers at TOS I've had it with this shit. If you feel froggy, leap. Otherwise, either we get along and do something for this country, or who got elected won't make a damned bit of difference".

As I stated, I did 24 years with the 75th airborne Rangers.  In that time I served overseas for 16 years and completed 6 different combat tours.

I have done much for my country but the keyboard warriors are way to ignorant to see or understand what true service to our country really looks like.

I have said nothing that is a threat to you.  You have indicated that I have and that is a bold faced lie.

I am a moderate independent and take shots from both the left and the right.  Political boards are a bloodsport so one should enjoy the confrontations or not be here. 

When you lob a shot across my bow you get a broadside from me.  If you don't like it then don't take cheap shot insinuations at me.  If you do then grow a pair and take your medicine.
I don't know what I'd do with another pair. You were the one who said we were creeping and hiding and I am not doing either one. If you weren't the one threatening, fine, my apologies.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
@doghouse

Thank you for your service.

Slightly addictive though, wasn't it.  ^-^
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Guess the so called 'winners' have noticed that their guy is still raging on twitter.  Someone please tell him the campaign is over and he can stop spitting, slandering, and debasing everyone outside his domain.

Still tweeting:

Serious voter fraud in Virginia, New Hampshire and California - so why isn't the media reporting on this? Serious bias - big problem!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803033642545115140

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@doghouse thank you for your service. I agree, these words don't seem adequate to just say thank you, Sir.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 12:55:14 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mrclose

I have been threatened by enough Trumpers at TOS I've had it with this shit. If you feel froggy, leap. Otherwise, either we get along and do something for this country, or who got elected won't make a damned bit of difference.

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis