Author Topic: The rotary phone is back! Bizarre cellphone design can make calls and send texts (but don't expect to fit it in your pocket)  (Read 1821 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The rotary phone is back! Bizarre cellphone design can make calls and send texts (but don't expect to fit it in your pocket)

Hardware maker designs a rotary cellphone with 6 basic functions
    It can call, text, sleep, play the radio, has a memory and displays settings
    It runs on a mini Arduino circuit board and powered by a microcomputer
    You have to use a style to turn the dial because the holes are too small

By Stacy Liberatore For Dailymail.com

Published: 16:02 EDT, 4 November 2016 | Updated: 16:50 EDT, 4 November 2016

If you yearn for the days of rotary phones, help is at hand.

A YouTuber and hardware maker known as Mr. Volt has combined the past and the present to make a fully functioning ‘rotary cell phone’.

His prototype has the iconic dial on the front and offers six basic functions: it can make calls, store one phone number, text, tune into the radio, display system settings and go to sleep.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3906646/The-rotary-phone-Bizarre-cellphone-design-make-calls-send-texts-don-t-expect-fit-pocket.html#ixzz4P9Xao9Za
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Sounds like it is perfect. No all night long vvvvehhh vvvvehhh.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The old rotary phones were pulse dialed. They dialed by make/break of the phone line. This phone's rotary dial selects the corresponding DTMF tone for the selected number. With the old rotary phones you could make a call with just pressing on the hand piece cradle switch. I still have an old phone that didn't have a dial.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The old rotary phones were pulse dialed. They dialed by make/break of the phone line. This phone's rotary dial selects the corresponding DTMF tone for the selected number. With the old rotary phones you could make a call with just pressing on the hand piece cradle switch. I still have an old phone that didn't have a dial.

NO DIAL?! How did you tune in Tokyo?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Butt dial proof! :whistle:
But it would play that nagging "Left off the hook too long" tone.

Offline Frank Cannon

Just what everyone was clamoring for. A harder way to dial a number.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Just what everyone was clamoring for. A harder way to dial a number.

With any luck it would give that robocaller carpal tunnel.

Wingnut

But it would play that nagging "Left off the hook too long" tone.

LOL   888high58888

Offline r9etb

Butt dial proof! :whistle:

That depends on the dexterity of one's butt, doesn't it?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Ive heard of people talking out of one. Don't think I want to contemplate talking into one.

Offline r9etb

Ive heard of people talking out of one. Don't think I want to contemplate talking into one.

So ... that means you don't want to work as a major media reporter?  Or a substitute for Hannity?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:30:03 am by r9etb »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So ... that means you don't want to work as a major media reporter?  Or a substitute for Hannity?

Posting on here is as major as I will get.

I don't know if there is a sub for hannity. Hannity is a special case. He can do both at the same time.

Wingnut

A vestigial tail would help.....