Author Topic: Podesta: Calling Chelsea ‘Not Smart’ Is An ‘Understatement’  (Read 1169 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Podesta: Calling Chelsea ‘Not Smart’ Is An ‘Understatement’

Posted By Blake Neff On 10:45 AM 11/04/2016

Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta said it was a major understatement when an important Clinton Foundation figure described Chelsea Clinton as “not smart,” a newly-leaked email reveals.

The 2012 email is from the latest batch of leaked communications put out by the online hacktivist group Wikileaks. In the email, Podesta responds to Doug Band, a former Bill Clinton assistant who helped found the Clinton Global Initiative.

Band was irate because Chelsea had apparently launched an internal investigation of the Clinton Foundation’s finances, and then told one of former President George W. Bush’s twin daughters about it. The information had then made its way to a Republican operative.

“I have heard more and more chatter of [Chelsea] and bari talking about lots of what is going on internally to people,” Band complains in the exchange. “Not smart.”

Podesta’s response is brief but leaves his thoughts very clear.

“You are perfecting your skills for understatement,” he says.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/04/podesta-calling-chelsea-not-smart-is-an-understatement/?print=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Podesta: Calling Chelsea ‘Not Smart’ Is An ‘Understatement’
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 04:38:30 pm »
If anything, wikileaks is going to break a lot of relationships and destroy trust among the inner circle.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 07:19:31 pm »
“I have heard more and more chatter of [Chelsea] and bari talking about lots of what is going on internally to people,” Band complains in the exchange. “Not smart.”

Hm.... I don't read this the same way as the DC.  They're saying that Chelsea talking to outsiders is "not smart," which is true -- it's not smart -- from the perspective of somebody in the Clintons' inner circle.

But that's not the same as saying "Chelsea is not smart."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:20:26 pm by r9etb »

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 07:26:25 pm »
Hm.... I don't read this the same way as the DC.  They're saying that Chelsea talking to outsiders is "not smart," which is true -- it's not smart -- from the perspective of somebody in the Clintons' inner circle.

I agree.  I know little about her education achievements.  But I'm guessing she is book smart cuz she didn't skate thu life on her looks like Melania Trump.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 07:43:25 pm »
I agree.  I know little about her education achievements.  But I'm guessing she is book smart cuz she didn't skate thu life on her looks like Melania Trump.

She skated through life on her name. That's it.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 07:56:15 pm »
She skated through life on her name. That's it.
Agreed. I think we could wait a long, long while for Chelsea to do anything that demonstrates anything other than average intelligence.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 08:01:38 pm »

There is a good reason why NBC gave her tons of money and never has her on. The few times she was she was a disaster. A very stupid person.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 08:26:10 pm »
There is a good reason why NBC gave her tons of money and never has her on. The few times she was she was a disaster. A very stupid person.

Whether or not she's actually intelligent, my point is that they didn't actually call her "not smart."  The article is misrepresenting what was said in the e-mail.