Author Topic: Your Official Live 2016 World Series Thread---Game Seven  (Read 5276 times)

Online NavyCanDo

Re: Your Official Live 2016 World Series Thread---Game Seven
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2016, 11:34:55 am »
Could not have written a better script  for the Series.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2016, 12:04:27 pm »
Could not have written a better script  for the Series.

Best World Series ever.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2016, 12:06:40 pm »
Congrats to the Cubs, now waiting for SMOD, Aliens, Revelations, etc...

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2016, 01:02:33 pm »
@Wingnut
Love the avatar.  Very nice.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2016, 01:02:53 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Wingnut

« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2016, 01:12:08 pm »
@Wingnut

Thank you! 

One last note on the Play by Play;;;

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2016, 02:50:41 pm »
And I want to thank both the Cubs and Indians for the most exciting series and final game and inning ever, but most of all for taking this stupid election out of the national limelight for a good 24 hours when we needed it most.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2016, 03:02:11 pm »
@Wingnut

@Polly Ticks I've been trying my level best not to say the same thing about your avatar.   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2016, 03:30:30 pm »
@Polly Ticks I've been trying my level best not to say the same thing about your avatar.   :whistle:

@Cyber Liberty
Big Thanksgiving fan, are you?   :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:31:09 pm by Polly Ticks »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2016, 03:56:21 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
Big Thanksgiving fan, are you?   :laugh:

Heckuva turkey there, @Polly Ticks888high58888  Nice thighs on that bird.... :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2016, 04:44:33 pm »
Heckuva turkey there, @Polly Ticks888high58888  Nice thighs on that bird.... :whistle:
@Cyber Liberty

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2016, 05:34:05 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

@Polly Ticks  I'll take your (turkey's) thighs over Kramer's wings any day.   :smokin:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:34:31 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2016, 06:46:40 pm »
By Yours Truly
http://throneberryfields.com/2016/11/03/the-cubs-world-champions-signed-epsteins-mother/

Jolly Cholly Grimm started Hy Vandenburg instead of Hank Borowy. The College of Coaches was decertified in its crib. Leo
Durocher didn’t burn out his regulars and make nervous wrecks out of his subs and rookies. Leon Durham fielded the
grounder. Steve Garvey made a long out. Dusty Baker lifted Mark Prior to start the eighth. Alex Gonzalez fielded the hopper
cleanly and turned the double play.

Go ahead. Say it. Write it. Flash it. Paint it. The Chicago Cubs—the Cubs!—have reached the Promised Land at long enough
last. There! Didn’t that feel wonderful? Now that you’ve done that, however, go ahead and say, write, flash, paint something
else, too. Mostly about what Series MVP Ben Zobrist called the greatest rain delay of all time, partly about the things that
happened that used to mean yet another otherworldly Cub heartbreak and almost meant the Cleveland Indians exorcising
their own heartbreaks past.

Because when the Cubs battered a four-run lead these hale, hearty, and terribly underrated Indians by the middle of the
fifth, and the Indians wrestled them back to a six-all tie after nine full, something beyond extraterrestrial just had to happen.
And, did. When the rains came you expected the skies to yield a corpulent chuckle and a stentorian Voice intoning:

From the bottom of My heart, I apologise. But even My stomach has its limits. I’m stopping it right here. I can’t make up My
mind, and you’re both too good to lose. So let’s leave it right here. And let’s do it again—maybe in another 108 years.

Anyone who tells you the foregoing didn’t cross the mind of every citizen of Cub Country and the Indian Isles is a liar worthy
of running for the presidency. Just as anyone who says the Cubs would hang up a 5-1 lead by the middle of Game Seven and
get away with it against this pack of Indians, who don’t know the meaning of the word quit, is worthy of becoming the liar’s
running mate.

Now we know Cubs manager Joe Maddon is living a charmed life. Time was that lifting his effective Game Seven starter Kyle
Hendricks for Jon Lester, David Ross throwing wild in the seats advancing runners in position to score on a Lester wild pitch,
and sending in a gassed Aroldis Chapman to serve Brandon Guyer an RBI double and journeyman Rajai Davis—who hadn’t
hit one out since late August—a two-run homer to tie things at six in the bottom of the eighth, would have meant a Cub fan’s
resignation and perhaps another sentence to the wilderness.

So Dexter Fowler opened against a finally-spent Corey Kluber by hitting the fourth pitch of the game over the center field
fence? Carlos Santana tied the game with a nasty RBI single? Kris Bryant channeled his inner Secretariat to gun it home on
a short fly by Addison Russell? Javier Baez—whose plate indiscipline threatened to become the Cub cobra’s own mongoose
most of the Series—hit the first pitch of the top of the fifth over the center field fence to send Kluber out of the game? Grandpa
Rossy, smarting over the wild throw but facing a no longer invincible Andrew Miller, hitting a leadoff bomb in the top of the
sixth? (What a way to go off into retirement!)

When Davis’s line homer banged off a Fox Sports camera in the left field pavilion, with the Cubs four outs from the Promised
Land, decades of Cub calamity must have danced obscenely in front of Wrigleyville’s eyes, on its native grounds and among
its contingent in Progressive Field Wednesday night. The storybooks that came out when Grandpa Rossy cleared the center
field fence were replaced for the moment by funeral home guest books. But then came the rain delay, and right fielder Jason
Heyward called a players only meeting in the clubhouse.

“I told them I love them,” said Heyward, whose season-long sleeping bat got him benched a time or two in the postseason and
in the Series. “I told them I’m proud of the way they overcame everything together. I told them everyone has to look in the
mirror, and know everyone contributed to this season and to where we are at this point. I said, ‘I don’t know how it’s going
to happen, how we’re going to do it, but let’s go out and try to get a W’.”

Before you could blink and name any three members of the College of Coaches, Zobrist smacked an RBI double and Miguel
Montero—inserted late behind the plate in relief of Ross—stepped in and stroked only his second postseason hit. With ducks
on the pond. After an intentional walk, just as Zobrist’s double was. Just like when he hit the pinch grand slam against the
Dodgers in the National League Championship Series. This may have been the first time a bases-loaded single was bigger
than a grand salami in any postseason game.

Except that these Indians still had a couple of cards to play in the bottom of the tenth. What a surprise: their names were
Guyer and Davis. Cubs reliever Carl Edwards, Jr. opened with two swift outs but Guyer wrung him for a walk and took off
practically a second before the bat met the ball when Davis smacked a single to center sending him home.

Out came Edwards. In came Mike Montgomery. Up came Michael Martinez, another ancient journeyman. Montgomery threw
Martinez a curve ball and Martinez jerked a herky jerky grounder up the third base line that Bryant grabbed just as herky
jerky but threw on sharply to Anthony Rizzo—who’d smacked an RBI single on Miller’s dollar in the fifth—at first to light the
celebratory powder keg.

The Indians offered no excuses, but let’s face it. They were as battered as a team could be coming into the postseason. They’d
lost their best hitter (Michael Brantley) for most of the season and two key starting pitchers (Carlos Carrasco and Danny Salazar,
though Salazar recovered in time to work out of the bullpen for some of the Series) later in the year. They relied on Kluber and
a mostly invincible bullpen to get to a 3-1 World Series advantage that dissipated only when the Cubs’ once-dormant lineup
awoke beginning in Game Four.

“We were going on our willpower,” Davis said after the game. “We have some talent, but they have a lot of talent. They were
loaded.”

“We did it,” said Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein, who’d finished building the Boston Red Sox’s (actual or
alleged) curse busters in 2004—whom now-Indians manager Terry Francona managed—but who got the chance to remake the
Cubs, blow up the organisation from the bottom up, and build what finally kicked off the party Wrigleyville and Cub Country
beyond waited a measly century plus to throw. “Got through the tough times. October’s crazy, in a great way, and this may
have been the craziest.”

May have been? The Cubs being first team to come back from a 3-1 Series deficit since the 1985 Royals and the first to do it
on the road since the 1979 Pirates may have been the makers of the craziest October? The Cubs blowing a three-run Game
Seven before the rains came and standing as world champions after the rains departed may have been the makers of the
craziest October?

Get that man a stiff drink. In Wrigleyville, there seems to be a bottomless well of them now. And if you thought Boston was
in endless party mode over the 2004 Red Sox, Chicago’s about to give you a heaping helping of you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Signed, Epstein’s mother.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Wingnut

« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2016, 07:59:18 pm »
Harry Calls the last at bats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nApTGkLd2hs

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2016, 08:23:28 pm »
The Curse of the Billy Goat is over. Last night's game was amazing.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2016, 08:57:41 pm »
As exciting a game seven as I've ever seen - and there's nothing more exciting than a game seven.   I was pulling for the Indians,  but mainly I wanted to see something historic - and I did.

Great essay,  Easy Ace.  My Phillies sloughed off the coils of ignominy a few years ago,  and the Whole Damn Town erupted in joy.  A lot of us still recall the high,  and will pass the tale, with eyes moistened, on to our grandkids.    My congratulations to the star-crossed Cubbies and their long-suffering fans;  may they walk as brothers in victory forever.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Wingnut

« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2016, 09:36:42 pm »
I thought this was well done. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nApTGkLd2hs

Offline musiclady

« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2016, 03:25:50 pm »
Just checking in (visiting relatives) to say that I'm still super proud of the Indians. The injuries taking out some key players, clearly affected pitching in the later games.

As Terry Francona said, the team can hold their heads high.   Everyone called Cleveland a loser from the first day of the play offs, and they were clearly all proven wrong.

Congrats to the Cubs and their longsuffering fans.  It was a great series, and they much deserved their win.

Now I'm glad to be getting more sleep and done with baseball for a while.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2016, 03:45:22 pm »
Just checking in (visiting relatives) to say that I'm still super proud of the Indians. The injuries taking out some key players, clearly affected pitching in the later games.

As Terry Francona said, the team can hold their heads high.   Everyone called Cleveland a loser from the first day of the play offs, and they were clearly all proven wrong.

Congrats to the Cubs and their longsuffering fans.  It was a great series, and they much deserved their win.

For you, m'lady . . .

The Indians, the little team that almost did

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2016, 04:09:35 pm »

I hope they will get it next year. If that happens there will be 3 Midwest winners in a row all ending long droughts.
The Republic is lost.