Author Topic: Huma Abedin: "I Have No Idea How The Emails Got On Weiner's Computer"  (Read 4483 times)

Offline r9etb

Re: Huma Abedin: "I Have No Idea How The Emails Got On Weiner's Computer"
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2016, 09:53:50 pm »
@r9etb

The FBI was looking at what Hillary allowed them to see.  Those emails had been reviewed by hillarys people and clearedo for the FBI.  They had already been sanitized to protect hillary.

This new information was not cleaned by her tech people.

That's an excellent observation.  Seen from that perspective, this is quite possibly a very big deal.

And so the investigative team sees this, and immediately realizes what they've got: "Hey, boss -- we got an unfiltered version of Hillary's e-mails from a different source!"

Among other things, now they have the chance to see if there are any e-mails in this batch, that were not among the "official" set provided to them by Hillary.  That alone would probably be indictable.

And if there's new stuff that is damning in some way ... then you get obstruction of justice, as well as the other stuff.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 10:21:01 pm »
Secondly, I don't really know why they didn't just sit a powerful electromagnet on top of the hard drive... and then claim they 'didn't know' that an electromagnet would wipe the hard drive.

In all seriousness, that stands as proof of ignorance. That there are 65,000 emails to recover also stands as proof of ignorance.

There is no way you'd get that kind of recovery after a simple zero-wipe, not to mention a reasonable 'wipe free space' routine... Nor if the mail cache were routinely compacted... Things even a super-user should consider to be mundane and pedestrian.

And a simple coal fire removes all traces - no one has ever recovered any data from a clinker..
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:22:15 pm by roamer_1 »

HonestJohn

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2016, 11:26:24 pm »
@r9etb

So how did they get onto the cloud in the first place to be backed up on Weiner's computer?

And wouldn't the FBI have known that her own computer was set to backup on the cloud when they first took/examined it?  That's sort of e-discovery 101 -was anything backed up on the cloud?

If that's the explanation, then it means all that highly classified stuff was in the cloud and might be downloaded onto any device on which she had, for example, Outlook.

I think that's odd if they just figured that out.

Also, i don't believe her explanation anyway -it's the only thing she can say to avoid a perjury/obstruction/security breach charge.

I'm not saying it's not possible.  I'm just really skeptical.

The thing is... if this is just a backup of emails found 'in the cloud', then there will be no new information.

And the FBI would know that at from the start.

HonestJohn

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2016, 11:28:04 pm »
@HonestJohn

As Hillary was running her own server she had access to them whenever she wanted.

Hillary, yes.

Huma... no.  Not unless Hillary emailed everything of hers to Huma after she left the State Department.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2016, 11:28:38 pm »
The thing is... if this is just a backup of emails found 'in the cloud', then there will be no new information.

And the FBI would know that at from the start.

Not true.  The FBI got some e-mails, but not necessarily all e-mails.  And the differences, if any, are legally interesting.

But hey -- if you want to keep playing Debbie Downer, that's on you.

HonestJohn

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2016, 11:29:21 pm »
In all seriousness, that stands as proof of ignorance. That there are 65,000 emails to recover also stands as proof of ignorance.

There is no way you'd get that kind of recovery after a simple zero-wipe, not to mention a reasonable 'wipe free space' routine... Nor if the mail cache were routinely compacted... Things even a super-user should consider to be mundane and pedestrian.

And a simple coal fire removes all traces - no one has ever recovered any data from a clinker..

I take it that you've never used a degaussing machine.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2016, 11:35:37 pm »
I take it that you've never used a degaussing machine.

Well, no - but the magnet on a 3/4 drive horizontal drill will do in a pinch. What has that do do with my statement?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2016, 12:04:43 am »
Hillary, yes.

Huma... no.  Not unless Hillary emailed everything of hers to Huma after she left the State Department.

Depends.  Once it's off the govt server it's easy to save a copy locally and keep them forever.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2016, 02:07:26 am »
Laura Ingraham
56 mins ·

Judicial Watch says at least three newly obtained emails, not previously turned over by Clinton, contain state secrets.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline r9etb

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2016, 02:21:44 am »
Laura Ingraham
56 mins ·

Judicial Watch says at least three newly obtained emails, not previously turned over by Clinton, contain state secrets.

If true that's huge: perjury and obstruction to begin with.... though the idea that JW or Laura Ingraham could learn such a thing is a bit hard to believe.