Author Topic: CNN: Huma Abedin Negotiating With FBI Over Emails  (Read 1188 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
CNN: Huma Abedin Negotiating With FBI Over Emails
« on: October 30, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »
CNN: Huma Abedin Negotiating With FBI Over Emails

The Justice Department and the FBI are in discussions with lawyers for Huma Abedin to conduct a full search of the new emails, CNN reported Sunday.

Investigators believe it's likely the newly recovered trove will include emails that were deleted from the Clinton server before the FBI took possession of it as part of that earlier investigation, CNN reported.

The FBI still has not yet sought a search warrant for the emails, law enforcement sources told CNN.

Investigators need a search warrant to permit investigators to review thousands of emails on a computer Abedin shared with her estranged husband, Anthony Weiner, officials said.

The new search warrant is needed because investigators only had the authority to probe Weiner, who is accused of having sexually explicit communications with an underage girl.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/huma-abedin-lawyers-emails/2016/10/30/id/756029/#ixzz4OaWcd2fT
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:51:21 pm by TomSea »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: CNN: Huma Abedin Negotiating With FBI Over Emails
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 04:52:55 pm »
Funny in my 10 years dealing with classified I never saw them delay for a search warrant.   The data belongs to the govt.  They mostly just went and took it.   They also didn't negiotate.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 04:53:38 pm »
Gee... I wonder if the FBI was investigating ME if they would negotiate my privacy rights or simply get the warrant?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 04:57:31 pm »
Negotiating With FBI

...asking for immunity no doubt.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 05:08:50 pm »

We may end up with what we got from the IT guy.  Nada.  The FBI and Justice Department give her immunity in order to shut her up.  They only end up throwing a bigger scapegoat under the bus.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 05:26:29 pm »

@mystery-ak

And, the way this thing has played out, will be GRANTED immunity... and then nothing else will happen.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!