Author Topic: #Wikileaks - 08 Obama Campaign Killing Stories About Bill Ayers (Additional Member Research Needed)  (Read 703 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Because one of the campaign staffers signed a petition defending Ayers, the campaign tried to cut ties with him or kill the story altogether. This one may need some research as to what the story was and what became of Pedro Noguera is someone wants to dig...

RE: IMPT: Pedro Noguera

To: cbutts.obama08@gmail.com
               Date: 2008-10-23 14:36
               Subject: RE: IMPT: Pedro Noguera

Hey

I’ve asked the campaign how they are “severing ties.”  I’m hoping we can just piggy back on that, but I’ll let you know when I get an answer.

Mel

Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:58 AM
To: Melody Barnes
Cc: cbutts.obama08@gmail.com; <Cedley@gmail.com>; <john.podesta@gmail.com>; Chris Lu
Subject: Re: IMPT: Pedro Noguera

Do we need to reach out to Pedro or is the campaign's communication with him enough?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 23, 2008, at 6:45 AM, "Melody Barnes" <mbarnes@barackobama.com> wrote:

Hey

I know Linda is on the original email below, but I want to make sure you're aware and that we sever his ties to our Ed Policy Group.

Mel

To: Linda Darling-Hammond ; 'Jon Schnur' ; Melody Barnes; 'stevejrob@gmail.com'
   Cc: Danielle Gray
   Sent: Wed Oct 22 21:38:53 2008
   Subject: Pedro Noguera

Hi guys

So we’ve had a bit of news tonight.  Pedro Noguera signed onto a petition defending Bill Ayers, was contacted by Fox News, was planning to go on their shows, then told their producers that he was told by the campaign not to go on, which is of course, not true.  So just to alert you all that we are severing ties with Mr. Noguera, he will not be representing us on Friday  - in case this somehow comes up on any of your panels.  It’s likely to be on Fox tomorrow unless we can successfully kill the story.

Neera and Danielle

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/35961