Author Topic: Your Official Live 2016 World Series Thread---Game Three  (Read 3449 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Your Official Live 2016 World Series Thread---Game Three
« on: October 28, 2016, 10:20:41 pm »
The early reports say the wind is blowing out at Wrigley Field. So don't be shocked if the hitters on both
sides have feasts tonight.

Tonight's starting pitchers: Kyle Hendricks (Cubs) vs. Josh Timlin (Indians).

The last Cub pitcher to start a World Series game: Hank Borowy. The last Indian to start a Series game: Jaret Wright.

The last Cub pitcher to win a World Series game: Hank Borowy. The last Indian pitcher to win a World Series game: Chad Ogea.

Other notes:

* Kyle Schwarber hasn't been cleared by doctors to play the outfield. He'll be limited to pinch hitting during
the Wrigley Field leg of the Series.

* Carlos Santana will start in left field for the Indians so Mike Napoli can stay in the lineup and play first
base during the Wrigley leg.

* It's been 25,950 days since a World Series game was last played in Wrigley Field.

According to ESPN:

* 45 different ballparks have hosted a World Series game since Wrigley’s last one. The first Yankee Stadium hosted 70 World
Series games since the last one played at the "Friendly Confines."

* 26 of those parks are no longer active, including Atlanta's Turner Field, which was deactivated at the end of the 2016
season.

* 27 different franchises have hosted a World Series game since the Cubs last did.

* 12 of those franchises didn’t exist in 1945. Overall, there have been 14 expansion franchises to join the majors since 1945.

* 1,445 different players have had at least one plate appearance in the World Series over that span, including in Games 1 and
2 of the 2016 World Series between the Cubs and the Cleveland Indians, according to Elias.

* 3,192 runs have been scored in the Fall Classic in those 45 different ballparks, again including the first two games of this World
Series.

Game time 7:00 PM CDT . . .
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:24:47 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Your Official Live 2016 World Series Thread---Game Three
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 11:16:58 pm »
The early reports say the wind is blowing out at Wrigley Field. So don't be shocked if the hitters on both
sides have feasts tonight.

Tonight's starting pitchers: Kyle Hendricks (Cubs) vs. Josh Timlin (Indians).

The last Cub pitcher to start a World Series game: Hank Borowy. The last Indian to start a Series game: Jaret Wright.

The last Cub pitcher to win a World Series game: Hank Borowy. The last Indian pitcher to win a World Series game: Chad Ogea.

Other notes:

* Kyle Schwarber hasn't been cleared by doctors to play the outfield. He'll be limited to pinch hitting during
the Wrigley Field leg of the Series.

* Carlos Santana will start in left field for the Indians so Mike Napoli can stay in the lineup and play first
base during the Wrigley leg.

* It's been 25,950 days since a World Series game was last played in Wrigley Field.

According to ESPN:

* 45 different ballparks have hosted a World Series game since Wrigley’s last one. The first Yankee Stadium hosted 70 World
Series games since the last one played at the "Friendly Confines."

* 26 of those parks are no longer active, including Atlanta's Turner Field, which was deactivated at the end of the 2016
season.

* 27 different franchises have hosted a World Series game since the Cubs last did.

* 12 of those franchises didn’t exist in 1945. Overall, there have been 14 expansion franchises to join the majors since 1945.

* 1,445 different players have had at least one plate appearance in the World Series over that span, including in Games 1 and
2 of the 2016 World Series between the Cubs and the Cleveland Indians, according to Elias.

* 3,192 runs have been scored in the Fall Classic in those 45 different ballparks, again including the first two games of this World
Series.

Game time 7:00 PM CDT . . .

Go Cubbies!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 11:39:40 pm »
Some Indians fans have set up a Wedding Registry for Joe Buck and Kyle Schwarber.

I hope Joe's passion doesn't gush quite as badly during this time as it did in Game 2.

A lot of the audience became nauseous.

We just muted him.   If we want to watch romance, we watch romance, not baseball.....  :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:48:33 pm »
Some Indians fans have set up a Wedding Registry for Joe Buck and Kyle Schwarber.

Buck does go overboard when he latches onto a good story (and if you think he's bad you don't
remember Bob Prince all those years broadcasting for the Pirates), but even an Indians fan has to admit
Schwarber is quite a story this Series, all things considered.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 11:50:43 pm »

Go Cubs

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 11:57:09 pm »
Buck does go overboard when he latches onto a good story (and if you think he's bad you don't
remember Bob Prince all those years broadcasting for the Pirates), but even an Indians fan has to admit
Schwarber is quite a story this Series, all things considered.

Yes, a story, and a GREAT one, but not worthy of a love affair!

(Seriously, there are photoshopped photos of Schwarber proposing to Buck, and Buck saying "YES!"  Hilarious!).

I DO love the stories of the old folks wanting the Cubs to win though, just like the old Indians' fans.  Those are some great stories!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 11:58:01 pm »
Go Cubs

Is that a scene from Naked Launch?  Who wrote that? Doug Out? ummm...no...I think it was Burr Ohs...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 11:59:50 pm »
What was that............National Anthem...............not the proper words.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 12:00:21 am »
Is that a scene from Naked Launch?  Who wrote that? Doug Out? ummm...no...I think it was Burr Ohs...

One of Hillary's e-mails from Anthony Weiner???

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 12:01:26 am »
Yes, a story, and a GREAT one, but not worthy of a love affair!

(Seriously, there are photoshopped photos of Schwarber proposing to Buck, and Buck saying "YES!"  Hilarious!).

I DO love the stories of the old folks wanting the Cubs to win though, just like the old Indians' fans.  Those are some great stories!

Shame someone can't get vintage recordings and splice together a would-be game broadcast featuring Harry Caray
(Cubs) and Herb Score (Indians) . . .

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 12:10:03 am »

Batter up.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 12:11:24 am »
GAME ON!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 12:16:20 am »
Lindor picked off first on review, the tag did get his arm just before he got his hand back
on the bag . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 12:19:57 am »
The Tribe threatens but don't score in the top of the first . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 12:24:53 am »
Three up, three down for the Cubs, no score after one full inning . . .

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 12:26:52 am »

It was a fast ball.

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 12:29:07 am »
Wrigley.  Looks good! 

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 12:33:46 am »
Infield hit, force out, Area Code 6-4-3, Indians gone in the second, no score . . .

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 12:35:58 am »
I see the Tribe wore their softball jersey unies tonight.    Someone tell them this is not the Bill Veeck appreciation night.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 12:46:33 am »
Leadoff single by Ben Zobrist, stranded on second, no score after two full.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 01:01:51 am »
Great spear by Russell of Naquin's liner, one walk, side retired swift otherwise, no score, mid-third.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 01:04:53 am »
Three up, three down for the Cubs, no score after three full . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 01:18:58 am »
Filthy strike three caught Perez looking on the corner, the Indians threaten with first and third but cash in nothing, no score mid-fourth

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 01:33:34 am »
Leadoff walk, foul pop out behind the plate, force at second, fly out to center, Cubs gone in the fourth, no score still . . .

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2016, 01:40:52 am »
Keep it going. Can't watch right now.