Author Topic: Steelers Legend Hines Ward Debuts Signature Wine For Charity  (Read 384 times)

Online mountaineer

Steelers Legend Hines Ward Debuts Signature Wine For Charity
« on: October 28, 2016, 11:14:41 am »
Steelers Legend Hines Ward Debuts Signature Wine For Charity
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Long-time Super Steeler Hines Ward is out of football, but his photo is on the label of his wine bar’s signature new Riesling.

“That’s what is great about our restaurant. I listen to our customers and try to give them what they want. Now you have so many different selections that for the ladies who love Rieslings, we have that. We can offer that,” he said.

He will introduce it Thursday, Nov. 3rd at a special event at the Hines Ward Vines Wine Bar. For $100, two people can attend — and they will receive a bottle of the wine, plus hot and cold h’or dourves — but that’s not all.

“The proceeds going to the Turkey Fund, I mean that is important to the city of Pittsburgh. I played football for so many years here and turning on the television and watched the turkey fund drive. I wanted to be a part of it and now I get an opportunity to do that,” Ward said.  ...
  Rest of story from KDKA (where correct spelling is optional, apparently).  :laugh:
Hines is a good guy who, like Jerome Bettis, hasn't forgotten his adopted town after retiring from the Steelers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org