Author Topic: 'We have plenty of people who'd give their right arm for her spot': Rupert Murdoch slaps down Megyn Kelly as she demands $20m Fox News salary  (Read 1526 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'We have plenty of people who'd give their right arm for her spot': Rupert Murdoch slaps down Megyn Kelly as she demands $20m Fox News salary

Megyn Kelly's $20 million contract negotiations have been made public by News Corp. owner Rupert Murdoch
    Host of 'The Kelly File' has been in active talks with the network over her contact which expires next July
    Murdoch revealed to The Wall Street Journal, a paper owned by News Corp., that he hopes to get Kelly signed 'very soon'
    But he warned: 'We have a deep bench of talent, many of whom would give their right arm for her spot'
    Kelly is considered a rising star at the network who are keen to keep her

By Hannah Parry and Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com

Published: 01:04 EST, 27 October 2016 | Updated: 11:18 EST, 27 October 2016

Rupert Murdoch is making Fox News' salary negotiations with Megyn Kelly very public by granting an interview to one of the newspapers his company News Corp. owns, The Wall Street Journal.

In the interview, Murdoch said that keeping Kelly is a priority, but that he has other hosts who could take over the program should she try and go to a rival network. 

'[W]e have a deep bench of talent, many of whom would give their right arm for that spot,' said Murdoch.

Kelly, who is said to be making $15million this year, is reportedly looking to make more than $20million when she renegotiates her contract next July.

She declined a request to comment on the story.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3877128/Megyn-Kelly-20million-contract-negotiations-revealed-Rupert-Murdoch-says-wants-sign-soon-s-s-announced-ll-host-Live-Kelly-day-election.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Time for some new blood to come out of someone elses whatever.

geronl

All the Trumpers got off on that "slap down" on a woman thing.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Good. I am ready for her to go. She got a big head over this whole Trump thing, and she's become increasingly rude and obnoxious towards guests. I used to enjoy her show, but now I find myself avoiding it more than O'Reilly and almost as much as Hannity. Give her show to Martha MacCallum.

Greta was the only one I could stomach.  The rest are unwatchable for me.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sinkspur

I left FOXNEWS for good.   Anderson Cooper onCNN is a better interviewer than anybody on FOX and has a more interesting show.  Plus, he's calm.

Then I switch over to watch Lawrence O'Donnell slap Trump around every night.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

This is just typical BS negotiation tactics. If they really had such a deep bench (a) retaining her wouldn't be a priority and (b) they'd be negotiating a standstill or a pay cut, not a 33% pay increase. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:54:27 pm by Oceander »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This is just typical BS negotiation tactics. If they really had such a deep bench (a) retaining her wouldn't be a priority and (b) they'd be negotiating a standstill or a pay cut, not a 33% pay increase.

Negiotation isn't BS when it involves a lot of money.  The smallest things can instill doubt on the other side and have a big impact.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

I agree. They didn't have much time for Greta when she tried to push for more money. They threw her wrinkled ass out the door.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Given the fact that Geraldo is still employed by the network I'm going to have to assume that Murdoch isn't the brightest bulb on the tree.