Author Topic: Why I Now Feel Compelled To Vote For Trump Derek Hunter  (Read 1090 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why I Now Feel Compelled To Vote For Trump Derek Hunter
« on: October 27, 2016, 01:03:15 am »

Why I Now Feel Compelled To Vote For Trump

10/23/2016 12:01:00 AM - Derek Hunter

Last time a Clinton was on the ballot, I voted for Ross Perot. My vote didn’t deny Bob Dole the White House, but I confess I felt a smug sense of satisfaction in “refusing to settle.” I sure showed them, didn’t I?

I haven’t been as vocal as other “Never Trump” writers, but neither have I hidden my dislike or tempered my criticism. In a field of 17 Republican candidates, Donald Trump wouldn’t have been my 18th choice. I’m still not a fan. But they didn’t just ask me; they asked everyone. And more of everyone chose Donald Trump.

I couldn’t do it, I just couldn’t. For countless reasons I’ve covered over the last year, I dug in my heels and proudly basked in my self-satisfaction. I still defended Trump in this column and on social media when he was wrongly attacked by the left and the media, but I was steadfast in my opposition to the man.

So what changed?

more
http://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2016/10/23/why-i-now-feel-compelled-to-vote-for-trump-n2235899
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Why I Now Feel Compelled To Vote For Trump Derek Hunter
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 01:09:05 am »
Why I Now Feel Compelled To Vote For Trump

10/23/2016 12:01:00 AM - Derek Hunter

Last time a Clinton was on the ballot, I voted for Ross Perot. My vote didn’t deny Bob Dole the White House, but I confess I felt a smug sense of satisfaction in “refusing to settle.” I sure showed them, didn’t I?

I haven’t been as vocal as other “Never Trump” writers, but neither have I hidden my dislike or tempered my criticism. In a field of 17 Republican candidates, Donald Trump wouldn’t have been my 18th choice. I’m still not a fan. But they didn’t just ask me; they asked everyone. And more of everyone chose Donald Trump.

I couldn’t do it, I just couldn’t. For countless reasons I’ve covered over the last year, I dug in my heels and proudly basked in my self-satisfaction. I still defended Trump in this column and on social media when he was wrongly attacked by the left and the media, but I was steadfast in my opposition to the man.

So what changed?

more
http://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2016/10/23/why-i-now-feel-compelled-to-vote-for-trump-n2235899

Saw this essay at TOS. Hilariously, most posters still rejected him for not genuflecting to Trump and begging forgiveness for being a critic. Even now.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 01:22:00 am »
And I still won't vote for Trump.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 02:48:30 am »
As we get closer to election day, more and more (like Mr. Hunter) are wising up:

"I oppose much of what Donald Trump has said, but I oppose everything Hillary Clinton has done and wants to do. And what someone says, no matter how objectionable, is less important than what someone does, especially when it’s so objectionable. A personal moral victory won’t suffice when the stakes are so high. As such, I am compelled to vote against Hillary by voting for the only candidate with any chance whatsoever of beating her – Donald Trump. "

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 08:55:47 am »
I still may vote Trump.

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 08:59:50 am »
As we get closer to election day, more and more (like Mr. Hunter) are wising up:

"I oppose much of what Donald Trump has said, but I oppose everything Hillary Clinton has done and wants to do. And what someone says, no matter how objectionable, is less important than what someone does, especially when it’s so objectionable. A personal moral victory won’t suffice when the stakes are so high. As such, I am compelled to vote against Hillary by voting for the only candidate with any chance whatsoever of beating her – Donald Trump. "

You vote FOR it, you own it.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 09:04:48 am »

Moot point. Hillary will probably win and almost nobody here will vote for her.

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 09:48:37 am »

Moot point. Hillary will probably win and almost nobody here will vote for her.

I realize that. Nearly anything could happen this next coming week though. And it isn't over until the fat lady sings (I was going to say Hillary sings but it would be an insult to ladies) which thankfully is coming soon.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 01:09:44 pm »

I will happily take credit for helping prevent Hillary from returning to the White House, knowing full well a Trump administration will probably end up being a fiasco.

It will be some consolation that I was in no way responsible for nominating him.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 01:13:04 pm »

Actually 'we' own it as a country.   WE have failed miserably by letting special interests, the media, and globalists dictate our choices.

At this point there are only two bad options to be our next President.   Heck I'd love to see Trump win if for no other reason but to see the look on Hillary's face when she admits she's a loser.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.