Author Topic: Dreaded Polar Vortex May Be Shifting  (Read 1878 times)

Offline huldah1776

• Manasseh or Josiah
Dreaded Polar Vortex May Be Shifting
« on: October 26, 2016, 03:12:47 pm »
"As the Arctic wind pattern migrates toward Europe it could allow frigid air to descend upon the U.S."

"The polar vortex in recent years has brought the kind of miserable cold to northern states that made it hard to breathe outside. We’re probably in for more of the same.

"That’s the finding of a new study published yesterday in the journal Nature that finds that as the Arctic warms, it is shifting the polar vortex to Europe. That in turn will bring more bursts of frigid cold to North America."

excerpt from Scientific American article by By Scott Waldman, ClimateWire on October 25, 2016

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dreaded-polar-vortex-may-be-shifting/
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Dreaded Polar Vortex May Be Shifting
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 03:25:44 pm »
Last winter was warm, which supposedly was proof of global warming. Now a cold winter with 'polar vortexes' is proof of global warming, which also seems to have the power to shift the 'polar vortex' to Europe so that North America will now be cold instead of warm, taking things to the next level of pseudoscience.

Tinkerbell is getting peeved. Pixie dust ain't got squat on global warming.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:26:09 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline huldah1776

• Manasseh or Josiah
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 03:29:52 pm »
Just old habits... ****sheep****

So, I do hope it gets cold this winter because I love the cold and frost and snow. However, I followed the link from the Sci Am article to its source at E&E Publishing...which you have to join to read. Fuhggetaboudit. So then I searched for Nature magazine and the title and found the real source which is a study with pretty graphics which must be purchased.

The editors of Nature Climate Change are all Brits. Anyway, to not get into a rant, any suggestions for legitimate American Science studies that aren't b.s.? Is anyone funding the truth searching scientists? Not that it isn't going to get cold but like weather.com I can't stand reading garbage (although after living in Spfld Mo for 13 yrs I do use the live radar to track storms).

http://www.eenews.net/climatewire/2016/10/25/stories/1060044745

http://www.nature.com.edgesuite.net/nclimate/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nclimate3136.html

Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing

Offline huldah1776

• Manasseh or Josiah
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 03:34:32 pm »
Last winter was warm, which supposedly was proof of global warming. Now a cold winter with 'polar vortexes' is proof of global warming, which also seems to have the power to shift the 'polar vortex' to Europe so that North America will now be cold instead of warm, taking things to the next level of pseudoscience.

Tinkerbell is getting peeved. Pixie dust ain't got squat on global warming.

That always cracks me up. The extreme influences of climate change! Well, I know that the anti-Christ reveals himself on a winter Sabbath, that the resurrected dead from that time are promised to never again be thirsty, and that the ocean goes bonkers and the coastal cities have problems (quake? Tsunami?) but other than that, He's got the whole world in His hands.

Happy winter!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 03:04:40 am »
The weather has been so nice so far in early November, it's difficult to think the end of the year is in less than 2 months.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 10:47:38 am »
"Polar Vortex"= Winter

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 10:50:51 am »
Just old habits... ****sheep****

So, I do hope it gets cold this winter because I love the cold and frost and snow.

Oh me too. Me too. I want to go to one of those ice hotels. It's on my bucket list.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 10:50:53 am »
"Polar Vortex"= Winter

My liberal sister and her liberal husband have managed to block out the extreme cold of 3 years ago and the ice still floating on the great lakes into late june.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 11:23:58 am »
I subscribed to Scientific American for about 30 years, but gave it up when it became apparent that only leftist-vetted "factual" articles would be published there.  SciAm is nothing more than an SJW tabloid, anymore.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 12:07:44 pm »
I subscribed to Scientific American for about 30 years, but gave it up when it became apparent that only leftist-vetted "factual" articles would be published there.  SciAm is nothing more than an SJW tabloid, anymore.

I hate to see science pushed aside for approval and money from liberals. National Geographic is another victim.

I loved the first couple of seasons of "Through the wormhole" on the science channel but walked away this season when they started talking about the many different genders and how religion creates racists etc.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 04:39:41 pm »
I hate to see science pushed aside for approval and money from liberals. National Geographic is another victim.

I loved the first couple of seasons of "Through the wormhole" on the science channel but walked away this season when they started talking about the many different genders and how religion creates racists etc.

Feel the same way.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 05:05:09 pm »
Liberalism corrupt everything it touches.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 05:14:56 pm »
Feel the same way.

The left loves to blame religion for harming science but demonstrate daily the exact behavior they accuse religion of engaging in.
Religion on the other hand has been quite supportive of science over the centuries despite tensions over theological conflicts.

Cotton Mather was one of the best known puritans and an avid scientist. He did extensive experiments in hybridization of crops. He did get into a very public fight with his church over his experiments with variolation (An early form of vaccination). The expanding universe theory which led to Hubble's big bang theory was proposed by Vatican astronomer Monsignor Georges Lemaître shown here with Albert Einstein.

Popular culture and "history" blame the Salem Witch trials on Christianity but actually documentation of the time show the church attempting to stamp out the hysteria. Increase Mather was a church elder who wrote that 'The devil has indeed come to Salem Towne but he comes not in the form of witches. The devil comes to Salem in the form of mortals who bear false witness against neighbors'.