Author Topic: Your Official Live 2016 World Series Thread---From Game One to (if necessary) Game Seven . . .  (Read 11704 times)

Offline musiclady

It looked like the laces on the glove got his arm. He wouldn't feel those, though. The edge of the glove,
he'd feel.

That's obviously what they decided, and why Lindor didn't feel it, and no challenge.

Kluber continues pitching strong.

He just needs to keep it up for an inning more and Miller can take over.

Nice play at first, two outs.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline goodwithagun

@mystery-ak Can I start a Major League line thread  :chairbang: :beer: :chairbang:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline musiclady

Whew!  Got through that inning!

I detect that everyone else here is for the Cubs, so once more I stand alone!

I'm good with that.  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

HOME RUN PEREZ!!!  3-0 Indians!!

(The weakest hitter in the lineup).

Offline Polly Ticks

I don't really have a dog in this hunt.  I just want to see some good baseball. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I'm good with that.  ^-^

Oh gad you #nevercubbies if they don't win it is all because of you if you don't pull for the cubbies now baseball is over it is all over... :silly:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline musiclady

I don't really have a dog in this hunt.  I just want to see some good baseball.

We're seeing some GREAT pitching from Kluber, that's for sure!  Another K!

Offline musiclady

Oh gad you #nevercubbies if they don't win it is all because of you if you don't pull for the cubbies now baseball is over it is all over... :silly:

:beer:  I LOVE it!!!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

I said it before---I saw him a few times during the season but this is the best pitching he's done
all year.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Polly Ticks

Absolutely.
 :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline musiclady

Wingnut

I'm good with that.  ^-^

Couldbe worse.  You could be a Schrill Trump Shrew and an Indian fan.  So I'm cool with your one vice

Offline musiclady

I said it before---I saw him a few times during the season but this is the best pitching he's done
all year.

Yep.

Good timing!

Offline musiclady

Couldbe worse.  You could be a Schrill Trump Shrew and an Indian fan.  So I'm cool with your one vice

hehe...........  I try to keep my vices to a minimum.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I'm good with that.  ^-^

LOL...waiting for hometown advantage.... :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Harry Doyle should replace Buck.

Back in the early 60s and before, it was common to select the lead sportscaster from each team to broadcast the Series. They worked alone and would alternate during the game.

Then some time along the line, the networks decided to use their own people.

They also decided to put two or three people in the booth. This might have been done to ensure that someone would always be talking. When a person works alone, he'll occasionally pause. To network bosses and sponsors, that's dead air. And dead air to them means that someone might change channels. Maybe I'm wrong, and if I am, I'll be corrected. But that's what I think.

Personally, I liked it when they worked alone because that meant they were talking to me and not to each other.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
#nevercubbie...Love it!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
LOL...waiting for hometown advantage.... :whistle:

What advantage is that? Do they play downtown?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What advantage is that? Do they play downtown?

Wrigley Field
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

Lead off double, bottom of the 6th.

Activity in the Cubs bull pen.

Offline musiclady

Wrigley Field

I saw Willie Mays play at Wrigley field........... a LOOOOONG time ago!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Lester out of the game, Pedro Strop in

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Wingnut

I saw Willie Mays play at Wrigley field........... a LOOOOONG time ago!

The only time you would see him in Cleveland was in a World Series.