Author Topic: Top University Stole Millions From Taxpayers By Faking Global Warming Research  (Read 1247 times)

rangerrebew

Top University Stole Millions From Taxpayers By Faking Global Warming Research
Photo of Andrew Follett
Andrew Follett
Energy and Science Reporter
11:54 AM 10/24/2016

Play Video
Play
0:00
/
1:16

Fullscreen

A global warming research center at the London School of Economics got millions of dollars from UK taxpayers by taking credit for research it didn’t perform, an investigation by The Daily Mail revealed.

The UK government gave $11 million dollars to the Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy (CCCEP) in exchange for research that the organization reportedly never actually did.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/24/top-university-stole-millions-from-taxpayers-by-faking-global-warming-research/#ixzz4O6Eo0b7j

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Top University Stole Millions From Taxpayers By Faking Global Warming Research
Photo of Andrew Follett
Andrew Follett
Energy and Science Reporter
11:54 AM 10/24/2016

Play Video
Play
0:00
/
1:16

Fullscreen

A global warming research center at the London School of Economics got millions of dollars from UK taxpayers by taking credit for research it didn’t perform, an investigation by The Daily Mail revealed.

The UK government gave $11 million dollars to the Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy (CCCEP) in exchange for research that the organization reportedly never actually did.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/24/top-university-stole-millions-from-taxpayers-by-faking-global-warming-research/#ixzz4O6Eo0b7j
Shocked! I'm shocked to find out there is fraud associated with this research!

'settled' science, indeed (like solids in a septic tank)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline huldah1776

• Manasseh or Josiah
Probably couldn't come up with a way to fudge the research stats.
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Probably couldn't come up with a way to fudge the research stats.

Of course they could come up with fake data if they wanted too.   They probably didn't feel the need to even put that much effort into it.   Nobody cares about the underlying science.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

Of course they could come up with fake data if they wanted too.   They probably didn't feel the need to even put that much effort into it.   Nobody cares about the underlying science.
Well, if the 'science' is so settled, then there is no need to do any more research and all the funding should be pulled. Times are tough out there, and the taxpayers need that money to stimulate the economy.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Well, if the 'science' is so settled, then there is no need to do any more research and all the funding should be pulled. Times are tough out there, and the taxpayers need that money to stimulate the economy.

@Smokin Joe

It was used to stimulate the economy.  The economy of the University and these professors.  Heck you dont expect them to work for a living do you?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

It was used to stimulate the economy.  The economy of the University and these professors.  Heck you dont expect them to work for a living do you?
Nope, not when they have Guatemalan and Salvadoran servants to do the heavy lifting...

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Nope, not when they have Guatemalan and Salvadoran servants to do the heavy lifting...
@driftdiver

...building those ivory towers.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

@driftdiver

...building those ivory towers.
Changing diapers, Mowing the lawn, 'cleaning the pool', etc.

C S Lewis

Offline uglybiker

@Smokin Joe

French Chalets and brand new Audis don't grow on trees, ya know!!
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Changing diapers, Mowing the lawn, 'cleaning the pool', etc.

I have a pretty good Hispanic friend at work. He says he has to work like a "n" to live like a white man. Right. I call him the "Dairy King". I haven't ever seen someone who could milk a job like he can.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

I have a pretty good Hispanic friend at work. He says he has to work like a "n" to live like a white man. Right. I call him the "Dairy King". I haven't ever seen someone who could milk a job like he can.
What's orange and sleeps four? (A state highway department pickup)...

Milking jobs is nothing new. The sad twist on that is the Dairy Farming is some hard work...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:33:01 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What's orange and sleeps four? (A state highway department pickup)...

Milking jobs is nothing new. The sad twist on that is the Dairy Farming is some hard work...

With the Idaho Power people I've always wondered why one guy needed such a large support group. My dad wanted to have a dairy farm. All I really know about milking a cow is that she prefers to get milked. And when the cows come home is true.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
This will continue until there is a very public display of some professors / university presidents being led away in handcuffs, and charged with felony fraud.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This will continue until there is a very public display of some professors / university presidents being led away in handcuffs, and charged with felony fraud.

There are some big stretches of open land in this country. And fraud and corruption are tightly interwoven into this society. What we need to do is fence off some of that area and dump a couple of few million people there. Hopefully, that would get some attention. But even then...

Offline Smokin Joe

There are some big stretches of open land in this country. And fraud and corruption are tightly interwoven into this society. What we need to do is fence off some of that area and dump a couple of few million people there. Hopefully, that would get some attention. But even then...
Oh no. Don't be polluting the boonies with a pile of ecowhackos. They might talk it, but they don't live it.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Oh no. Don't be polluting the boonies with a pile of ecowhackos. They might talk it, but they don't live it.

Call it a National Park.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Headline isn't quite accurate.

Offline Smokin Joe

Call it a National Park.
Fine. Send them to one of the existing ones. Something coastal during hurricane season...

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Fine. Send them to one of the existing ones. Something coastal during hurricane season...

And make them listen to Beach Boys music 24/7.

Offline Smokin Joe

And make them listen to Beach Boys music 24/7.
Now you're getting there... 888high58888

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

Headline isn't quite accurate.

It's intentionally misleading.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn