Author Topic: What’s going on with the polls?  (Read 546 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What’s going on with the polls?
« on: October 22, 2016, 03:23:58 pm »
October 22, 2016
By Jared E. Peterson

Something funny is happening in the major national polling department of this presidential race, and no one’s talking about it.

First, somehow the narrative seems to be developing that the polls show Clinton with a near insurmountable lead.

Not so fast.

Not so fast at all.

There is a very large gap between Trump’s and Clinton’s current national standing, as revealed by Goebbels/Pravda (CBS, NBC, ABC/Washington Post), on the one hand, versus the picture painted by three respected polling organizations that are not part of the propaganda wing of the Democratic Party, on the other:

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/10/whats_going_on_with_the_polls.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: What’s going on with the polls?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 03:28:38 pm »
October 22, 2016
By Jared E. Peterson

Something funny is happening in the major national polling department of this presidential race, and no one’s talking about it.

First, somehow the narrative seems to be developing that the polls show Clinton with a near insurmountable lead.

Not so fast.

Not so fast at all.

There is a very large gap between Trump’s and Clinton’s current national standing, as revealed by Goebbels/Pravda (CBS, NBC, ABC/Washington Post), on the one hand, versus the picture painted by three respected polling organizations that are not part of the propaganda wing of the Democratic Party, on the other:

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/10/whats_going_on_with_the_polls.html

I have no idea whats going to happen on Nov 8, although I suspect Hillary will win.

I hope we can all agree, at least, that the writers characterization of the MSM as the Goebbels/Pravda media is well earned and dead nuts on. But the way things have gone in the conservative camp this year, who knows.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 03:47:57 pm »
This guy writes for The American Thinker?

Geesh...

Polls are random and the results can vary, so you look at the aggregate information to get a better idea.

Three polls listed in his piece have Clinton up by an average of 7.7% over Trump, while three others have Trump over Clinton by an average of 1.2%.

The aggregate of those still shows Clinton with a significant lead.

But the REAL point here is that national polls are actually meaningless. We don't elect via direct Democracy, we elect by way of an electoral college, one of the Founder's most creative and brilliant ideas.

The electoral college picture shows Trump in deep trouble.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:48:28 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline r9etb

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 03:52:56 pm »

Translation: There is a very large gap between the polls whose results the author likes, and those he does not like.

One of my prime rules for the internet: there's no need to read further when the author's words reveal him as a hysteric.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 04:01:12 pm »
Translation: There is a very large gap between the polls whose results the author likes, and those he does not like.

One of my prime rules for the internet: there's no need to read further when the author's words reveal him as a hysteric.

He should do some research and figure out what a statistical outlier is.

Then he can explain things to his twenty-five year old son, who should already know the answer BTW.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx