Author Topic: Clinton Goes after Laugh Factory Comedians for Making Fun of Her  (Read 940 times)

Offline jpsb

In what appears to be a first for a serious presidential contender, Hillary Clinton’s campaign is going after five comedians who made fun of the former Secretary of State in standup skits at a popular Hollywood comedy club.

A video of the short performance, which is less than three minutes, is posted on the website of the renowned club, Laugh Factory, and the Clinton campaign has tried to censor it. Besides demanding that the video be taken down, the Clinton campaign has demanded the personal contact information of the performers that appear in the recording. This is no laughing matter for club owner Jamie Masada, a comedy guru who opened Laugh Factory more than three decades ago and has been instrumental in launching the careers of many famous comics. “They threatened me,” Masada told Judicial Watch. “I have received complains before but never a call like this, threatening to put me out of business if I don’t cut the video.”

Practically all of the country’s most acclaimed comedians have performed at the Laugh Factory and undoubtedly they have offended politicians and other well-known personalities with their standup routines. Tim Allen, Jay Leno, Roseanne Bar, Drew Carey, George Carlin, Jim Carrey, Martin Lawrence, Jerry Seinfeld and George Lopez are among the big names that have headlined at the Laugh Factory. The First Amendment right to free speech is a crucial component of the operation, though Masada drew the line a few years ago banning performers—including African Americans—from using the “n-word” in their acts.

The five short performances that Clinton wants eliminated include some profanity and portions could be considered crass, but some of the lines are funny and that’s what the Laugh Factory is all about. The video features the individual acts of five comedians, four men and a woman. The skits make fun of Clinton’s wardrobe, her age, sexual orientation, the Monica Lewinsky scandal and the former First Lady’s relationship with her famous husband. The Laugh Factory has appropriately titled it “Hillary vs. The First Amendment.”

Masada told Judicial Watch that, as soon as the video got posted on the Laugh Factory website, he received a phone call from a “prominent” person inside Clinton’s campaign. “He said the video was disgusting and asked who put me up to this,” Masada said. The Clinton staffer, who Masada did not want to identify, also demanded to know the names and phone numbers of the comedians that appear in the video. Masada refused and hung up. He insists that the comedy stage is a sanctuary for freedom of speech no matter who is offended. “Just last night we had (Emmy-award winner) Dana Carvey doing Donald Trump and it was hilarious,” Masada said.

Offline jpsb

Re: Clinton Goes after Laugh Factory Comedians for Making Fun of Her
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 11:33:44 am »
Helping to make this person POTUS is insanity.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 11:34:09 am »
Too bad you didn't listen when we told you not to nominate a functional moron. Well, enjoy Hillary!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 11:36:41 am »
Too bad you didn't listen when we told you not to nominate a functional moron. Well, enjoy Hillary!
Let me know when your "It's my way or the highway" works out for you.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 11:40:30 am by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 11:40:17 am »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 11:43:24 am »

When you start listening to us and stop voting for liberals it will work fine. Until then...Well, enjoy Hillary!

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 12:05:18 pm »
@jpsb

Didn't Trump go after Saturday Night Live??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 12:09:00 pm »
Where's the link?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 12:48:47 pm »
When you start listening to us and stop voting for liberals it will work fine. Until then...Well, enjoy Hillary!
I see you are a fan of Goebbels, "Repeat a lie often enough ..."

On Nov 9 either Hillary or Trump will be elected POTUS I am voting for Trump you are not so you are helping elect Hillary. Every conservative/republican that is not voting for Trump is helping to elect Hillary.

You're just pissed that republican primary voters saw Ted Cruz as the self serving phony he is. And rejected him in favor of the straight talking Donald Trump. Now the Cruz cult is out for revenge and to hell with the country. We want our pound of flesh. Well the cult of Ted Cruz might very well get their revenge but it will come at a price. You might just pay with you life if Madame President has her way and starts a war with Russia or you could get lucky and just leave future generations of Americans to slave under a totalitarian oligarchy like Mexico. But hey Cruz cultists can say "I told you so" as they fulfill their own prophecy by sabotaging the only candidate that could prevent Hillary from becoming POTUS.

The reason I know must NeverTrumpers are in fact a cult for Cruz is because on issues (after numerous flip flops by Cruz) Cruz and Trump were very close. If issues mattered the Cruzers would vote Trump so it not issues it's got to be personal, ergo a cult.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 12:49:46 pm »
@jpsb

Didn't Trump go after Saturday Night Live??

No he appeared on the show, he did not go after it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 01:02:33 pm »
No he appeared on the show, he did not go after it.

You really don't follow the news outside the hive, do you.

"Donald J. Trump
✔ @realDonaldTrump

Watched Saturday Night Live hit job on me.Time to retire the boring and unfunny show. Alec Baldwin portrayal stinks. Media rigging election!
4:14 AM - 16 Oct 2016

18,803 18,803 Retweets
    53,759"

Offline jpsb

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 01:05:53 pm »
You really don't follow the news outside the hive, do you.

"Donald J. Trump
✔ @realDonaldTrump

Watched Saturday Night Live hit job on me.Time to retire the boring and unfunny show. Alec Baldwin portrayal stinks. Media rigging election!
4:14 AM - 16 Oct 2016

18,803 18,803 Retweets
    53,759"

LOL, you call one tweet "going after them", too funny. Read the article and you see what "going after them" really is.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 01:09:57 pm »
Yeah. It was shocking when it was first posted too.

Last November.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 01:15:06 pm »
LOL, you call one tweet "going after them", too funny. Read the article and you see what "going after them" really is.

Yea I would say a presidential candidate calling for a 40 year old show to be ended because it bruised his fragile ego 'going after them'. Especially when he Alex Jonsed it into a vast left wing conspiracy.

Of course if you took the time to search outside Alt Right sites, you'd find the follow ups. But you cant handle your worldview being challenged. Doesn't matter though. You disappointed Donald with your disloyalty. You failed to bring us to heel and now he's about to lose badly.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 01:18:27 pm »
Once again, you should look in the mirror before posting, "It's my way or the highway" is the sTrumpette motto.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 01:21:41 pm »
Once again, you should look in the mirror before posting, "It's my way or the highway" is the sTrumpette motto.

Fairly sure that the contract with Trump for ones soul requires removal of mirrors from ones home and business, lest one see their reflection and recoil in horror at what they have become.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 02:28:49 pm »

You know, that's exactly what you Trumpenfaithful were shrieking at the rest of us, this entire campaign season.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 02:32:15 pm »
I see you are a fan of Goebbels, "Repeat a lie often enough ..."

On Nov 9 either Hillary or Trump will be elected POTUS I am voting for Trump you are not so you are helping elect Hillary. Every conservative/republican that is not voting for Trump is helping to elect Hillary.

You're just pissed that republican primary voters saw Ted Cruz as the self serving phony he is. And rejected him in favor of the straight talking Donald Trump. Now the Cruz cult is out for revenge and to hell with the country. We want our pound of flesh. Well the cult of Ted Cruz might very well get their revenge but it will come at a price. You might just pay with you life if Madame President has her way and starts a war with Russia or you could get lucky and just leave future generations of Americans to slave under a totalitarian oligarchy like Mexico. But hey Cruz cultists can say "I told you so" as they fulfill their own prophecy by sabotaging the only candidate that could prevent Hillary from becoming POTUS.

The reason I know must NeverTrumpers are in fact a cult for Cruz is because on issues (after numerous flip flops by Cruz) Cruz and Trump were very close. If issues mattered the Cruzers would vote Trump so it not issues it's got to be personal, ergo a cult.

You know, you really do come across as Trump's Storm Department.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!