Author Topic: Colombia: Colombian University Students Paint Over Controversial Che Guevara Mural  (Read 760 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Since we have Universities called Columbia, it made me wonder at first but no, this is in Colombia, South America.

Colombian University Students Paint Over Controversial Che Guevara Mural

PanAmPost

On the night of Tuesday, October 18, a group of students painted one of the most emblematic walls of the National University of Colombia.

A group of college students allegedly painted over the face of Che Guevara over night, possibly in response to university officials being indecisive about whether to paint over the imagine or not themselves.

The wall makes up the back of the Leon De Greiff Santander auditorium facing what is commonly referred to as the school’s “Che” plaza. The university was famous for having painted the image of the guerilla leader there in the 1980s.

Read More At: http://www.therealcuba.com/?p=2188

Bravo for these students doing this.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:55:49 am by TomSea »

Oceander

Good for them.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Excellent! Someone down there 'gets it'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline uglybiker

Now if they'd just replace it with one/both of these....

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!