Author Topic: In emotional new ad, Khizr Khan asks if his fallen son would have a place in Trump's America  (Read 444 times)

HonestJohn

By Dan Merica, CNN
October 21, 2016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/21/politics/khizr-khan-clinton-ad-donald-trump/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqFCCgU1xk

(CNN)An emotional Khizr Khan asks Donald Trump in a new Clinton campaign ad whether his son, a US solider who was killed in Iraq in 2004, would "have a place in your America?"

The ad is part of Clinton's closing message, one that her top aides hope will be uplifting and hopeful, offering an implicit contrast to the combativeness that the Trump campaign has turned to in recent weeks.

Khan, who was thrust into the national spotlight after he excoriated Trump in a speech at the Democratic National Convention, is seen at his home in the ad, looking at keepsakes from his son, Army Capt. Humayun Khan's, life.

"In 2004, my son was stationed in Iraq. He saw a suicide bomber approaching his camp. My son moved forward to stop the bomber when the bomb exploded. He saved everyone in his unit. Only one American soldier died," Khan says as video shows the father holding the flag that was draped over his son's casket.

Khan adds, "My son was Captain Humayun Khan. He was 27 years old and he was Muslim American."

The ad then shows a tight shot of a visibly emotional Khan. "I want to ask Mr. Trump," he asks, "would my son have a place in your America?"

The ad -- titled "Captain Khan" -- will air in key battleground states, a campaign aide said Friday, including Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

(more at link)

Online corbe

Self-Induced Tragedy. 

The DNC aren't even at Mid-Barrel yet, It gets Worse.

Trump is:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.