Author Topic: THE ELECTION PROCESS – HOW IT WORKS  (Read 13545 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: THE ELECTION PROCESS – HOW IT WORKS
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 10:56:05 pm »
@skeeter

Here is the California law process for a voter to vote at a polling place:

14216.  Any person desiring to vote shall announce his or her name
and address in an audible tone of voice, and when one of the precinct
officers finds the name in the index, the officer shall in a like
manner repeat the name and address. The voter shall then write his or
her name and residence address or, if the voter is unable to write,
shall have the name and residence address written by another person
on a roster of voters provided for that purpose, whereupon a
challenge may be interposed as provided in this article.

14217.  If the precinct board is unable to find a voter's name upon
the index of registration, it shall inform the voter that he or she
may cast a provisional ballot and the procedure for doing so. If the
voter elects to cast a provisional ballot, the precinct board shall
furnish the voter with a provisional ballot, in accordance with
Section 14310.

Once that record shows that person with that name and address has correctly voted (that name and address is on the official list), a person with that name and address cannot vote again in that election. 

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 11:02:55 pm »
Trump has made repeated calls for supporters to engage in the election process legally, which means volunteering to poll watch as allowed by law.

Insinuations otherwise are flat out democrat lies.  :nono:

Riiiight.  Inciting post-election violence is perfectly legal. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 11:04:58 pm »
I appreciate your efforts to inform.

But I've seen and heard too much to believe that voter fraud isn't a major problem. For example, my late MIL, who spoke no english, used to give her ballot to an employee at her NY government provided apartment complex, along with all of the other immigrant seniors, trusting her to fill it out for her. I doubt any republican candidate benefitted.  Its gotta be widespread and I believe only getting worse.
@skeeter

That is voter fraud and if you had informed the District Attorney, the person or persons doing that would have been stopped and prosecuted.  Also, that sounds like a mail in ballot and I doubt those ballots had the paperwork correct and the Early Voting Ballot Board tossed them out.

Remember, the law for mail in ballots states a helper can only help ONE person unless they are related to them by certain degrees.  A helper has to print AND sign his/her name on the carrier envelope (people who do this don't read the directions) along with the person's address.  See, that helper name would show up on ALL those carrier envelopes and the Board would toss them since the person could only help one.  Plus, I almost guarantee the helper didn't print AND sign his/her name and I doubt they put their address on there.  I don't think any of those ballots made it past the Early Voting Ballot Board.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 11:22:01 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 05:21:43 am »
This is solid work. My thanks, @Victoria33 !!  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 11:16:26 am »
I've read this entire thread, and one thing jumps out at me.  Yes, the laws would prevent voter fraud, if followed.  What leads you to believe that those laws are followed by the election officials in the big cities?  I was originally from PA, and I can guarantee you that the laws are ignored in Philadelphia and many other Democrat-controlled locales.  Voter fraud is a real thing, and is larger than you seem willing to believe.  Why do you think Democrats virtually always win recounts?  Some previously-uncounted ballots just appear from the trunk of a Democrat election official's car, most of the time, and are somehow allowed to be added to the count.  Please show me the law that allows new ballots to be added to a "recount" of votes cast during a concluded election.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2016, 03:11:59 pm »
@Doug Loss

I've read this entire thread, and one thing jumps out at me.  Yes, the laws would prevent voter fraud, if followed.  What leads you to believe that those laws are followed by the election officials in the big cities?

Thanks for that question as it illustrates one mistake people make about how elections work.  A CITY does not run a federal/state election - the COUNTY the city is in, runs the election and it is run exactly like the smallest county in that state.  We need to think "county" (see the county in our minds) instead of "city" (Dallas/Philadelphia, etc.)

Seeing the county in our mind instead of a city, that large populated county is like a small populated county in that both use the same laws for an election.  Both small and large populated counties have a Republican Chairman and a Democrat Chairman and every polling place has a combination of Republican workers and Democrat workers.  The people elect the party chairmen and every official in that county.  The county clerk is an elected position and may run their elections or the county commissioners  have hired an election administrator.  If these county officials, including the party chairmen, are not following the law, then the people need to vote them out.

(I will digress right here and speak about city elections.  A city election is separate from a state/federal election; they are not held at the same time.  Your state has laws regarding how city elections are held.)

I was originally from PA, and I can guarantee you that the laws are ignored in Philadelphia and many other Democrat-controlled locales.  Voter fraud is a real thing, and is larger than you seem willing to believe. 

Now we know the city of Philadelphia does not hold the state/federal election, the county does.  It does not matter if every city official is a Democrat as the city does not hold the election.  The election laws require both parties (if the county has a Republican Party and a Democrat Party) to participate in state/federal elections so the Democrats cannot hold the election without Republican participation.  The Republican chairman is responsible for certain duties in an election and it is that person more than anyone who would know if election fraud is happening and the Chairman can stop that problem.  If either party has a lousy chairman, that party can vote that person out in the party primary held in the spring - right now, we are talking about the general election in November. 

Why do you think Democrats virtually always win recounts?  Some previously-uncounted ballots just appear from the trunk of a Democrat election official's car, most of the time, and are somehow allowed to be added to the count.  Please show me the law that allows new ballots to be added to a "recount" of votes cast during a concluded election.

Ballots in a car:  Please see if you can track down the news reports of ballots found in a car AND counted in a recount.  Please send it to me if you find it.
Most of the time, these reports are false as the person reporting does not know the truth of the situation or the law that governs whatever is happening.  If ballots were found in a car after the election, they would not be counted and an investigation would start.  When we hear a news story like that, we don't hear the follow up as to what the county did to correct that problem.  The juicy part is the ballots would found in a car, but seldom is the solution reported and people wouldn't read that part anyway.  Those ballots could be Republican ballots or Democrat ballots and most counties now use voting machines, not paper ballots.  I am waiting for a report that a voting machine was found in a car.  However, with voting machines the reports are how easy it is to change them and that is bogus since the person would have to have the machine in his/her possession.  The original article here explains how machines are kept safe so people can't get to them. 

Why do you think Democrats virtually always win recounts?

Democrats don't always win recounts, unless that Democrat candidate had more votes cast than the Republican.  Remember, there has to be a reason for a recount and one is an automatic recount if the votes cast for both require it - that means both candidates are close in number of ballots cast for them.  The ballots as already cast are recounted, no one votes again. 

We had automatic recounts in my county.  There are laws determining how the recount is done.  It is not a haphazard recount.  Both parties are present and involved in the recount.  The recount of ballots is open to the public to observe.

Yes, sometimes ballot fraud happens but it is not widespread as people think - they read a news story which is usually wrong in its reporting, and they think elections are rigged (where have we heard "rigged' recently).  It was actually Trump and his "rigged" statements that prompted me to write this thread.   

Today, I will write a piece about ballots as it is obvious people do not know the process as to how ballots are tracked.  Every single ballot has a number and every single number has to be accounted for at the end of election day. I will explain that.

@Jazzhead @INVAR @Cripplecreek @CatherineofAragon @skeeter @jmyrlefuller @Suppressed  @Night Hides Not  @Norm Lenhart  @catfish1957  @Fantom @sinkspur  @libertybele @LMAO @RAT Patrol  @bigheadfred @bilo @musiclady @Chosen Daughter @Bigun  @mystery-ak  @mr potato head @Emjay @XenaLee @Sanguine @Once-Ler @txradioguy @kartographer @Smokin Joe @montanajoe @Gov Bean Counter  @EC  @AbaraXas   @geronl   @roamer_1   @Freya   @Oceander  @corbe  @bigheadfred 

« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:31:35 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 05:26:36 pm »
ACCOUNTING/TRACKING PAPER BALLOTS - YES, THERE ARE LAWS

I'll try to make this post fairly short compared to the others as I have two pair of new corduroy pants I am trying to get around to hemming.  Even a Petite size is one hem too long, have to turn up that hem and re-hem.  Eventually winter is going to come to 30 miles north of Dallas.  Why do I tell you this personal trivia?  Because every person who votes has personal trivia he/she deals with every single day, just like you do.  People have a life and they aren't going to know much, if any, election law. 

When I taught election law, lawyers came to attend.  What?  Don't lawyers know election law?  No, they don't.  Why?  As I told lawyers who attended, there is no money in knowing election law (there was always laughter from the lawyers when I said that).  How many people are going to a lawyer's office, maybe once a year or every two years, and be willing to pay them to answer a question about election law?  Lawyers can't make a living from election law (except the lawyers who work in the secretary of state's office).  Their practices deal with legal problems that are serious to people every day.  Since I was involved in elections, I taught myself that law.  You don't have to be a lawyer to understand law.  You have to be able to know what individual words mean, that's it, and every word counts in law - one word can change the meaning of a law.  Back to election ballots:

Every printed ballot has a number.  The Director of Elections has a list of those numbers.  When an election judge picks up the ballots, he/she signs a document he/she received ballot numbers X to X.  At the end of election day, the judge fills out a document listing the numbers of ballots that were voted and which ballots numbers were not voted if ballots are left over.  The ballots not voted are returned to the central counting station that night along with the document the judge filled out.

Now, consider a box of ballots found in a car.  Are those legal ballots?  If so, their numbers are on the list of ballots the Director of Elections has.  Those numbers would be compared to determine if they are part of the legal ballots or if they have been printed elsewhere and are not legal ballots.  Remember, the Director of Elections, knows which judge was given those number of ballots - every number on a ballot can be traced as to where it originally was if those ballots are legal ballots.

One more important method of tracing ballots.  An election judge has to SIGN THE BACK OF EVERY BALLOT.  A ballot without the judge's signature on the back is illegal and will be caught.  Anyone who tries to insert illegal ballots, using any method, including their being in a car, without a judge's signature on the back will be charged with a crime and those ballots will not be counted.  With all these checks on ballots, it is almost impossible to insert illegal ballots and they get counted.

Now, I am going to hem those two pair of pants.

@Jazzhead @INVAR @Cripplecreek @CatherineofAragon @skeeter @jmyrlefuller @Suppressed  @Night Hides Not  @Norm Lenhart  @catfish1957  @Fantom @sinkspur  @libertybele @LMAO @RAT Patrol  @bigheadfred @bilo @musiclady @Chosen Daughter @Bigun  @mystery-ak  @mr potato head @Emjay @XenaLee @Sanguine @Once-Ler @txradioguy @kartographer @Smokin Joe @montanajoe @Gov Bean Counter  @EC  @AbaraXas   @geronl   @roamer_1   @Freya   @Oceander  @corbe  @bigheadfred  @Doug Loss
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 05:29:39 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 07:29:40 pm »
Another problem is same day or election day registration. What they do here in Iowa is bus people in with fake utility bills or some other ID with a local address on them and that allows them to register to vote.

The other is driver's licenses as ID to vote. If they can be given to non-citizens, then it's a loophole to allow them to vote.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2016, 07:40:06 pm »
Another problem is same day or election day registration. What they do here in Iowa is bus people in with fake utility bills or some other ID with a local address on them and that allows them to register to vote.  The other is driver's licenses as ID to vote. If they can be given to non-citizens, then it's a loophole to allow them to vote.
@Free Vulcan

I will look up Iowa's registration methods.  We need to know their laws on registration.

Some people think registered voters cannot be bussed to vote.  That is entirely legal - registered voters can get to the polls anyway that is offered to them if they can't get there by themselves.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2016, 07:47:16 pm »
@Free Vulcan

I will look up Iowa's registration methods.  We need to know their laws on registration.

Some people think registered voters cannot be bussed to vote.  That is entirely legal - registered voters can get to the polls anyway that is offered to them if they can't get there by themselves.

Couple of links:

https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/voterinformation/voterregistration.html

https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/voterinformation/edr.html

Voter Pre-Registration

To pre-register to vote, complete a voter registration form and return it to your county auditor’s office.

The form must be signed. If you are not physically able to sign the form, use a rubber stamp or a mark you use regularly. You may ask someone to sign your name for you as long as the person is with you when signing the form and does so at your request.

If you are a college student, you may choose to register to vote at your home address or at your college address. You cannot register to vote at both.

Your county auditor will send you a voter registration card within two weeks.

Here are same day requirements:

Election Day Registration

You may register and vote on election day. To do so, you first must go to the correct polling place for your current address on election day.

If you are unsure of your polling place, Find Your Precinct/Polling Place.

At the polling place, you must prove both who you are and where you live. The best way to do this is with your valid Iowa driver’s license with your current address printed on it.
Proof of ID

If you do not have an Iowa driver’s license, you may use a photo ID that is current, valid, and contain an expiration date. The following are acceptable IDs:

Iowa non-driver ID card
    Out-of-state driver's license or non-driver ID card
    U.S. passport
    U.S. military ID
    ID card issued by employer
    Student ID issued by Iowa high school or college

Proof of Residence

If your photo ID does not contain your current address, you may use another document to prove where you live if it contains your name and current address. The following are acceptable proofs of residence:

Residential lease
    Utility bill (including a cell phone bill)
    Bank statement
    Paycheck
    Government check or other government document

Attester

If you cannot prove who you are and where you live with the documents listed above, a registered voter from your precinct may attest for you. Both you and the attester will be required to sign an oath swearing the statements being made are true.

Falsely attesting or being attested for is registration fraud. It is a class “D” felony and is punishable by a fine of up to $7,500 and up to 5 years in prison.

Sadly, it isn't that hard to get registered in Iowa. Not as hard as it should be.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2016, 08:04:38 pm »
@Victoria33

Excellent info! Thanks!  :patriot:

Even though you left me off your ping list.  :laugh:

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 08:08:42 pm by Doug Loss »
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2016, 09:27:40 pm »
@Victoria33

Excellent info! Thanks!  :patriot:

Even though you left me off your ping list.  :laugh:
@Machiavelli

I'll put you on.  888high58888

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2016, 09:34:22 pm »
"First off, the city of Philadelphia is a county in PA.  There may be separate governments (I'm not sure) but Philadelphia County is one of the 67 in PA."
@Doug Loss

There is also a Dallas County but it includes more towns/cities than the city of Dallas and I expect Philadelphia County also includes other towns/cities.  Just the city of Philadelphia does not hold state/federal elections.  They hold "city" elections for their city officials.  I can find all of Philadelphia County easily on the web to see how large that county is.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:38:20 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2016, 10:09:10 pm »
@Doug Loss

There is also a Dallas County but it includes more towns/cities than the city of Dallas and I expect Philadelphia County also includes other towns/cities.  Just the city of Philadelphia does not hold state/federal elections.  They hold "city" elections for their city officials.  I can find all of Philadelphia County easily on the web to see how large that county is.

And...you're wrong.  "Since 1854, the county has been coterminous with the city of Philadelphia, which also serves as its seat."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_County,_Pennsylvania
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2016, 03:04:59 am »
And...you're wrong.  "Since 1854, the county has been coterminous with the city of Philadelphia, which also serves as its seat."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_County,_Pennsylvania
@Doug Loss
@CatherineofAragon
@Machiavelli

So, I read that history, let's see if we have that straight:  they combined all the towns in the county and renamed them all Philadelphia and the courthouse is in Philadelphia which is the name of all the area since all the townships are now called Philadelphia so the county is called Philadelphia which is the county seat where the courthouse is in Philadelphia and that is so because they renamed all the towns to call them Philadelphia, one big Philadelphia so everyone in the county would live in Philadelphia. Now I think we all understand, all the towns used to have a name but now they are all called Philadelphia because they renamed all the towns/townships/hamlets, and now call them Philadelphia and the county seat is in Philadelphia because that is the only name available as the county and all the towns/cities are called Philadelphia.

And, the history says, "The county has voted for the Democrat in every presidential election since 1932."  Perhaps that is why they renamed all the towns/cities/townships/hamlets to be Philadelphia, so they could be one big inclusive name county, Democrat Philadelphia County (which includes every city/town/hamlet that used to have a different name before they renamed them all to be Philadelphia.)
Now, I think we have it. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 03:09:43 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2016, 11:29:43 am »
@Doug Loss
@CatherineofAragon
@Machiavelli

So, I read that history, let's see if we have that straight:  they combined all the towns in the county and renamed them all Philadelphia and the courthouse is in Philadelphia which is the name of all the area since all the townships are now called Philadelphia so the county is called Philadelphia which is the county seat where the courthouse is in Philadelphia and that is so because they renamed all the towns to call them Philadelphia, one big Philadelphia so everyone in the county would live in Philadelphia. Now I think we all understand, all the towns used to have a name but now they are all called Philadelphia because they renamed all the towns/townships/hamlets, and now call them Philadelphia and the county seat is in Philadelphia because that is the only name available as the county and all the towns/cities are called Philadelphia.

And, the history says, "The county has voted for the Democrat in every presidential election since 1932."  Perhaps that is why they renamed all the towns/cities/townships/hamlets to be Philadelphia, so they could be one big inclusive name county, Democrat Philadelphia County (which includes every city/town/hamlet that used to have a different name before they renamed them all to be Philadelphia.)
Now, I think we have it.

Somewhat snarky, but close.  For 162 years the city and county of Philadelphia have been the same thing.  You do know that many cities expand by incorporating previously independent neighboring regions into the city, right?  And after 162 years, there's pretty much no vestige of the formerly independent regions left.  It's all Philadelphia now.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2016, 03:34:15 pm »
Every state must follow these laws and had to rewrite their election code to include them.

All due respect (and that is great) laws are only effective if they are observed and adhered to. If a local authority chooses not to obey a law or to follow up on reports of violations, and the federal overseers do not enforce the law or follow up on reports of lack of enforcement, then the law does not in fact exist. All that is required to render any and all of the safeguards mentioned in the essay null and void is someone who is knowledgeable enough to be able to exploit the ambiguity /vagueness of laws, or is stupid, vicious or fanatical enough to be willing to commit a crime and not worry much about getting caught later. How hard is that to find among far-left Democrats especially?

Many of the most activist Democrats are also the most radical, and therefore the most likely to be willing to commit criminal acts to further their cause.

That is the crux of one of the most fundamental issues at stake in this election - republicanism v. rule by people. The lawlessness of the current regime sets the tone for the entire nation - instead of having just the 500 some odd members of the federal government executive/legislative/judicial branch ignoring laws, we are faced largely and increasingly with an entire federal bureaucracy and countless state and local officials who also have heard the dog whistle and picked up the gauntlet of leftist defiance of the rule of law.

With questionable management of the electronic voting machines, the mechanisms by which the integrity of the votes is monitored / secured, the documentation process by which legitimate voters are demarcated apart from illegal voters,  we have a potential for fraud on an unprecedented scale. Possibly not just a fraction of a percentage point but tens of percentage points or even higher in some venues.

Nobody ever went broke betting on the amorality, lawlessness and viciousness of leftists.

As magnificently exhaustive and informative as your article is, I found little in it to assuage my concerns that there is massive opportunity for fraud/corruption of the voting process or that licentious leftists will not seize that opportunity with both hands, as it were, and run with it.

Voter fraud is a crime very much like murder but with an expiration date for the statute of limitations that is only about a month long at the outside. Imagine if people could commit murder knowing that if they were not caught in a month, they would never be prosecuted!! That is essentially what we have with vote fraud. Once a total is certified and added to the official electoral college totals, there is little or nothing that anyone, anywhere can do to undue the damage.

In previous elections (Loretta Sanchez's first election comes to mind) enough fraud was uncovered POSTHASTE related to MECCHA to have invalidated the election, also a similar thing happened when the odious Al Franken got Coleman concede before enough irregularities were uncovered to have thrown the election results into serious question. Because in both cases the opponent conceded prior to that discovery, nothing could be done about  the fact that California Rep. Loretta Sanchez and U.S. Senator Franken were both likely defeated by legal votes and elected by application of fraud.

In what is arguably one of the most important elections of modern history, and the level of intensity of the rhetoric of the far left in regard to their hatred (yes, manifest, pathological, psychotic, homicidal hatred) for conservatives and Republicans, it's possibly reasonable to assume that there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Democrats around the nation (many in positions where they have an opportunity to commit massive vote fraud) who would risk whatever excruciatingly minute chance there is of them being caught and punished severely in order to (as they see it) prevent a political catastrophe on par with the Nazi holocaust or Pompeii (namely the election of Donald Trump to be president).

There is also the added factor that law enforcement in this nation is very much like the strong atomic force - very strong at closest proximity, but almost non-existent the further away it gets. Also law enforcement has a conflicting priority with crimes that involve one or a few people as distinct from a massive number of people.

If law enforcement becomes aware of a crime committed by one person alone, they can easily move in, arrest and place them into custody. However, if there is a massive crowd of people, small crimes observed by officers are ignored because the greater priority become crowd containment and the prevention of larger disorder. So if one person commits a crime, it can be dealt with as a crime, but if a million people commit a crime, it becomes a "social movement" and is largely and increasingly ignored by law enforcement, as witnessed by those who watched several cities being victimized by looters and rioters across the nation over the last few months and years of the Obama administration.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:24:08 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2016, 05:59:45 pm »
Trump has no idea how elections work.

Again with some great respect I feel obligated to point out that you post to some extent like an elitist who assumes that because sophisticated laws or procedures are on the books, they will be enforced, obeyed and provide safeguards. That is characteristic of people who spend much or most of their time around others who respect and enforce order.

This essential difference between people of academic and business proclivities may be demonstrated in this wrong assumption, since when people with effete sensibilities are confronted by the brutal sturm-und-drang of day-to-day adversity and chaos of the real world, they often recoil in disgust and disorientation, retreating back into their well-ordered world where "everything is beautiful and nothing hurts" (Kurt Vonnegut).

Successful business people on the other hand, often are not terribly offended by disorder or even misbehavior, but rather embrace their inevitability as part of "the norm" and therefore, adapt to them strategically with greater ease than people who find such things frightening and intensely, personally offensive. 

Machiavelli said of people with refined sensibilities which assume that people will innately and readily conform to order and morality, (forgive me) "...such fools are a gift to tyrants because they ensure that nothing nefarious in purpose will ever be suspected of (corrupt rulers) until long after the fact of their execution and success."

A substantive response would be welcome, rather than more denigrating, highly-divisive remarks directed at the candidate and those who support him.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 06:59:22 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 04:48:48 am »
@LateForLunch
"Again with some great respect I feel obligated to point out that you post to some extent like an elitist who assumes that because sophisticated laws or procedures are on the books, they will be enforced, obeyed and provide safeguards. That is characteristic of people who spend much or most of their time around others who respect and enforce order."
-----------------------
No, I speak as one who along with my husband, turned a Democrat county into a Republican one, using election law to do it.  There was no Republican Primary held in that county.   If one wanted a Republican Primary ballot, one had to go to the county clerk's office on Primary Election day and ask for one.  We didn't know if those ballots got counted.  Every county office was held by a Democrat.  There was a Republican County Chairman and no one knew who he was as he was doing nothing.  We found him and he was forced to hold a Republican Primary because we ran my husband for Republican Chairman. 

My husband won and we opened a Republican office and people came and we organized a Republican Party, held meetings every month - I trained people who offered to work as election judges and clerks and we had more and more people coming and after two and four and six years, we had to order more and more ballots for the Republican Primary until we went to voting machines.  We elected Republicans for county offices, including the District Attorney, the first one in the county ever, along with the first Republican Commissioners and Constables.  It think it was by ten years, could have been less, there were more Republicans voting for Republicans in the general election than were Democrats in the county.

It wasn't easy to get to that point, the Democrats hated us - during part of that time, their main man had his right hand man follow my car every time I left my house.  When we went to our monthly Republican meeting, another of this man's friends stood in front of the restaurant and took pictures of everyone who came.  One of them sat just outside the meeting room in the restaurant so he could hear what was being said in the meeting room.  We never said anything in there that would be "secret" information because we didn't work like that.

One year before we had a Republican District Attorney, the Democrat District Attorney filed a case against me to the State Attorney General to try to stop me from being Judge of the Early Voting Ballot Board.  My name was either the headline on the front page of the weekly paper or there were articles against me by these Democrats AND the District attorney on the editorial page.  I answered these people on the editorial page for six months.  A Democrat Asst. District Attorney in that county office said he would arrest me if I showed up at the Early Voting Ballot Board in the next election.  I knew I was right, that I could be that judge, and after that six months, the State Attorney General ruled in my favor on January 12, 2001, which I knew he would because I was right. 

You can go to the Texas Attorney General website and look up Attorney General John Cornyn Opinion No. X-03300, and there is the case and Cornyn's opinion exonerating me.  In the next county election, that Democrat District Attorney lost and that was when the first Republican District Attorney was elected in our county.

If you are going to play the game of politics, you need to know the rules to win.  The rules are the election laws.  We knew them and the Democrats did not.  Any Democrat county that has election fraud in it can be stopped by Republicans, specifically the Republican County Chairman - that is his/her job - fair elections.  If there is fraud in your county, contact the Republican Chairman and find out what he/she is doing to bring about fair elections.  We did it and so can others.  It takes guts and not giving up even when Democrats attack you.  If you know the law, use it, and stay true to the law yourself, fair elections will result.

@Jazzhead @INVAR @Cripplecreek @CatherineofAragon @skeeter @jmyrlefuller @Suppressed  @Night Hides Not  @Norm Lenhart  @catfish1957  @Fantom @sinkspur  @libertybele @LMAO @RAT Patrol  @bigheadfred @bilo @musiclady @Chosen Daughter @Bigun  @mystery-ak  @mr potato head @Emjay @XenaLee @Sanguine @Once-Ler @txradioguy @kartographer @Smokin Joe @montanajoe @Gov Bean Counter  @EC  @AbaraXas   @geronl   @roamer_1   @Freya   @Oceander  @corbe  @bigheadfred 
@Machiavelli  @mystery-ak

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:55:44 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 05:01:31 am »
Great story @Victoria33. I like the way you play ball. Exactly the way I liked to during almost 20 years on politics. Never back down from those jackhats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2016, 05:27:10 am »
Great story @Victoria33. I like the way you play ball. Exactly the way I liked to during almost 20 years on politics. Never back down from those jackhats.
@Free Vulcan

Thanks.  If you know the rules and the opposition doesn't, you will eventually win if you stay true to the law yourself.  If you have been in it that long, you know that.  888high58888

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 05:40:01 am »
@Free Vulcan

Thanks.  If you know the rules and the opposition doesn't, you will eventually win if you stay true to the law yourself.  If you have been in it that long, you know that.  888high58888

Yep. It's pretty much why I got out after '14. I live in a blue collar Dem county and cut my teeth in that game, then went on to do state level races. After running two different campaigns in high dollar races in back-to-back elections, and watching the state Senate Majority Fund piddle fiddle while the Dems ran circles around them, I said no more.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 05:46:09 am »

It's more than a story! it's the absolute truth and I can personally attest to every word of it! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien