Author Topic: Air strike kills 15 women at worship centre as Islamic State attacks Kirkuk  (Read 437 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Air strike kills 15 women at worship centre as Islamic State attacks Kirkuk
#IraqatWar

Clashes around the city come as Islamic State appears to be attempting to distract attention from military operation to retake Mosul

An air strike killed 15 women at a shrine near the city of Kirkuk in northern Iraq, local officials and medics said, as the Islamic State (IS) group launched a major attack on the city on Friday.

"Fifteen women were killed and another 50 wounded in a raid that targeted a Shiite place of worship at Dakuk," local council chief Amir Huda Karam told AFP.

The toll from the afternoon raid was confirmed by Dr Abbas Mustafa Dakuki at the local hospital, some 50km south of Kirkuk.

It is unknown who was responsible for the strike.

The deaths came as IS launched a major attack on the city of Kirkuk on Friday, with Iraqi and Kurdish forces pursuing operations to seize territory around Mosul in preparation for an offensive on the group's last major stronghold in Iraq.

More: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/15-women-killed-airstrike-islamic-state-attacks-kirkuk-595127655

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
When it comes to moslems it is hard sometimes to tell who the real enemy is...oh...wait...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley