Author Topic: Kaine: We Are Concerned That Trump Supporters Will Turn Violent  (Read 2133 times)

HAPPY2BME

HAPPY2BME

Re: Kaine: We Are Concerned That Trump Supporters Will Turn Violent
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 07:44:31 pm »
Alinsky’s 13 Rules for the Left:

1. Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

2. Never go outside the experience of your people.

3. Whenever possible, go outside of the experience of the enemy.

4. Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.

5. Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.

6. A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.

7. A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.

8. Keep the pressure on with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.

9. The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.

10. The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.

11. If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside.

12. The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.

13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 07:48:21 pm »
I expect it, but I'm not remotely 'concerned' about it. AZ is a Castle Doctrine state. So they would be unwise to do that here.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 08:00:27 pm »
After the Wikileaks revelations I'm more worried Clinton's operatives will turn violent.

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 08:05:33 pm »
After the Wikileaks revelations I'm more worried Clinton's operatives will turn violent.

Remind me as to who was throwing the punches in the Trump rallies?

Democrats paid protesters to show up all right.  But they didn't pay Trumpists to punch them.

Trumpists did that for free.

Your argument is that of the bully saying, "Stop hitting my fist with your face!!!"

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 08:09:02 pm »

Democrats paid protesters to show up all right.  But they didn't pay Trumpists to punch them.

Your argument is that of the bully saying, "Stop hitting my fist with your face!!!"

This is a ridiculously idiotic reply.

There is violence on both sides. Leave it at that.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 08:09:56 pm »

Are you implying that the leaked emails which revealed the DNC strategy do not exist?

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 08:13:41 pm »
Are you implying that the leaked emails which revealed the DNC strategy do not exist?

The leaked emails show the DNC paying protesters to go to Trump rallies.

There was no violence in those rallies until the Trumpists started throwing punches.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 08:15:27 pm »

This is a ridiculously idiotic reply.

There is violence on both sides. Leave it at that.

But the Trump side associates actual conservatives with his liberal supporters' violence because they call themselves conservatives and DEMAND to be called conservatives. So no. there will be no leaving anything so they can bull onward doing it uncontested.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 08:21:38 pm »
The leaked emails show the DNC paying protesters to go to Trump rallies.

There was no violence in those rallies until the Trumpists started throwing punches.

Unreal.

I've been clear for months that Trump's tactics and lack of morality disgust me.

But nor do I want to be associated those who, being so carried away with their dislike for Trump, are beginning to sound like apologists for progressive statists.

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 08:23:18 pm »
Unreal.

I've been clear for months that Trump's tactics and lack of morality disgust me.

But nor do I want to be associated those who, being so carried away with their dislike for Trump, are beginning to sound like apologists for progressive statists.

You're not refuting the point.  Just upset at it.

I'm contesting your view.  Does that now mean, should you toss a punch, that I "made you do it?"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 08:24:56 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 08:24:17 pm »
Unreal.

Yeah it's like being in an alternative universe:

The Trumpists start to sound like far left wingers (screaming about neocons, etc.)

And the NeverTrumps start to sound like progressives (all the violence is from Trump, or the "real violence", etc. etc.)

This is a great election!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 08:25:18 pm »
Unreal.

If trump wasn't encouraging the violence I would likely agree. But he is.

There is no apology for progressive anything. This is a nutcase pol envouraging attacks. No more, no less. If the Dems were throwing punches, yea, destroy them. But they weren't.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 08:29:13 pm »

Yeah it's like being in an alternative universe:

The Trumpists start to sound like far left wingers (screaming about neocons, etc.)

And the NeverTrumps start to sound like progressives (all the violence is from Trump, or the "real violence", etc. etc.)

This is a great election!

I had a similar "discussion" with a Hillary supporter this morning. Video, email... it didn't matter what evidence was available to buttress my point, I simply could not divert them from their narrative.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 08:55:12 pm »

My thoughts exactly.  Right now Hillary and all the DEMS feel they've already won.  Can you imagine the uproar when she loses?  She will be the one claiming that the GOP rigged the election and demand a recount!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 09:42:03 pm »

Dishonest John,  if you'll remember some protestors showed up at Trump rallies with tomatoes to throw at him.   They were stopped by some of his supporters.    He said that if any other such things should happen,  he would gladly pay the legal bills for anyone that hits these people. 

What is wrong with that?   As black people say,  "don't start no trouble,  won't be no trouble."   

People who want to start trouble need to be punched in the face.   That is a rational way to deal with trouble  makers. 

I  feel the same way if such a thing happened at a Romney or McCain rally.  People deliberately making trouble ought to be hit in the mouth,  and as many times as necessary as it takes to neutralize their efforts to cause trouble.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 09:45:30 pm »
If trump wasn't encouraging the violence I would likely agree. But he is.

There is no apology for progressive anything. This is a nutcase pol envouraging attacks. No more, no less. If the Dems were throwing punches, yea, destroy them. But they weren't.

You did see where that woman in the wheelchair who accused a Trump supporter of punching her has now backed off that claim and said he must have bumped against her inadvertently?   

She is the woman highlighted in that O'Keefe video.   Funny how it is that once she was identified as an "agent provocateur",  suddenly she remembers things differently. 

I wonder how many other DNC people are pushing deliberate lies? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 09:59:45 pm »
He has good reason to feel that way. Look no further than the Arizona Republic, a newspaper who for the first time did not endorse the Republican. Death threats and calls to burn the place down flooded their phones immidiatly afterward.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 10:18:41 pm »
Uhhh, Tim, remember what happened in San Jose?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 10:33:55 pm »

What is wrong with that?   As black people say,  "don't start no trouble,  won't be no trouble."   

Hate to further expose your racial stereotype, but white people say that too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 11:42:00 pm »
I fear Nov 9th and why wouldn't I? When The Arizona Republic endorsed a Democrat for president for the first time in its more than 125-year history, the newspaper didn't just get angry responses. They got death threats.

Conservative newspaper receives death threats for endorsing Hillary Clinton

The Arizona Republic newspaper is responding to some of the angry – even violent – backlash it’s received from readers after endorsing a Democratic presidential candidate for the first time in its 125-year history.

Mi-Ai Parrish, the president of the paper and its parent company, Republic Media, penned an op-ed this morning detailing some of the vitriol directed at her staff since the Editorial Board took a stand against Donald Trump.

She stood by the board’s decision, writing, “We made it clear that his principles weren’t conservative. They were bad for the party, bad for Arizona, dangerous for America.... We knew it would be unpopular with many people. We knew that, although we had clearly stated our objections to Trump, it would be a big deal for a conservative editorial board in a conservative state to break ranks from the party.”

Still, she said some of the vicious responses left her “speechless.”

Someone phoned one of the paper’s reporters, Parrish recounted, and told her that she’d be blown up.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-republic-death-threats-hillary-clinton/
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 12:40:33 am »
Hate to further expose your racial stereotype, but white people say that too.

Well I didn't learn it from white people,  I learned it from my friends.   It may not be "proper"  English,  but it conveys the point perfectly.   People get what it means instantly.  It sounds more pithy and real.   

If the point of communication is to communicate,  it's hard to do better than that. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 12:45:55 am »
   Hey after 50 years of elected McCain and seems like 10 of Flake, There is hope for Arizona.

This coming from a guy that can't get rid of Cornyn.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 02:23:35 am »
   I'm Bias, I've been mad at McCain since he beat this GUY:

Arizona home of Barry Goldwater, last holdout against Medicaid and a holiday commemorating Dr. King. going Democrat, just Trump Astonishing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.