Author Topic: David French: The Price I've Paid for Opposing Donald Trump  (Read 6792 times)

HonestJohn

Re: David French: The Price I've Paid for Opposing Donald Trump
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 04:44:57 pm »
Oh, for pete's sakes people!

How hard is it to notice that this was already posted!

It's the TOP trending article in this section!!!

Can we please merge this with:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,230834.0.html

(This is the third time TODAY!)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 04:51:55 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Mod2

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 05:02:23 pm »
Can't be posted too many times.  IMHO

HonestJohn

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 05:03:44 pm »
Can't be posted too many times.  IMHO

Well, yes.  The last one set me off as this thread was, quite literally, the top thread on this board.  How does one miss that?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:04:00 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 05:03:56 pm »
Oh, for pete's sakes people!

How hard is it to notice that this was already posted!

It's the TOP trending article in this section!!!

Can we please merge this with:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,230834.0.html

(This is the third time TODAY!)

I don't know how I missed it but I did.  22222frying pan

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 05:05:30 pm »
Well, yes.  The last one set me off as this thread was, quite literally, the top thread on this board.  How does one miss that?

:beer: All's good. I'm sure glad to see the article get some attention.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 07:32:46 pm »
So you're saying that not doing so excuses all the disgusting vitriol directed at him and his family? 

Of course not...and that's just your attempt at creating a strawman to set fire to (good work).

David French briefly stuck his nose into presidential politics and seems surprised at the de jour response from certain quarters.

By comparison, Trump and his family have received far worse for far longer than poor David French. People forget how quickly Trump and his family was assigned secret service protection, which does not typically happen unless there are credible death threats. Even the mild mannered Dr. Carson was assigned secret service protection for a while.

David French also has an extensive background as a prolific online 'gamer', a sub-culture unto itself with a long history of viscous political troll wars and doxing. French famously mocked his gamer enemies in a 2015 NR blog in which he described these battles.

So who knows what's really behind the ongoing attacks on French, its not like his anti-Trump blogging has had any meaningful impact on the race, and his foray as a candidate was so brief and inconsequential  it is barely worth mentioning.  :shrug:

Offline Longmire

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 07:57:46 pm »
Instead of answering the poster, you went to accusing him of a fallacy he did not make. 

I answered the question in the first sentence of my response, try reading with a little more 'comprehension' and less 'condemnation' :laugh:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 08:02:18 pm »
How frightening that some people think Trump's cabal is nothing more than politics as usual.
Not in my America.  No brown shirts welcome here.   There is no place for alt/right to be excused for their vitriol, their threats, and their madness.

HonestJohn

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 08:11:49 pm »
I answered the question in the first sentence of my response, try reading with a little more 'comprehension' and less 'condemnation' :laugh:

Now Trump supporters remember the whole 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you' adage?

That's rich, considering their whole shtick revolved around treating minorities in a manner that no Trump supporter would ever tolerate for themself.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 08:17:17 pm »
Now Trump supporters remember the whole 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you' adage?
Nice scarecrow...

That's rich, considering their whole shtick revolved around treating minorities in a manner that no Trump supporter would ever tolerate for themself.

...and now he's on fire!

HonestJohn

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2016, 08:29:39 pm »
Nice scarecrow...

...and now he's on fire!

The Golden Rule... a scarecrow?

It's how one is supposed to live one's life!

We may stumble and fall, but it's the single most important aspect of *ANY* code of ethics and/or religion.

And Trump violates it with every breath he takes.

It's what drew his supporters in, the ability to lord over those they despise.  Don't tell me you weren't THRILLED over the thought of rounding up all dem 'Messicans' and kickin' out all the 'Mudslimes' (regardless of their citizenship).  But you'd start a revolution if anyone tried that with you and yours!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:32:44 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Longmire

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2016, 08:46:29 pm »
And Trump violates it with every breath he takes.

Trump isn't the one complaining about this though, is he?

No, only French is...despite his past indifference to online trolling.  :shrug:

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2016, 08:56:28 pm »
Of course not...and that's just your attempt at creating a strawman to set fire to (good work).

We can only conclude that you have no idea what a strawman argument actually is.  A strawman argument is imputing some falsehood to another for the purpose of then refuting that falsehood.  I merely rephrased exactly what you said and asked you if you realized the implications of what you said.  Which I think you did, since you refused to answer the question and just engaged in an ad hominem attack against the victim, French.  Which is of course what the entire issue is about, such attacks.  Nice way to illustrate our point!
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Longmire

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2016, 09:09:15 pm »
I merely rephrased exactly what you said and asked you if you realized the implications of what you said. 

Sure you did...

I find it fascinating that my words needed to be 'rephrased' before you could use them.

That's how a straw man is built.  :nono:

-btw speaking of knowing your fallacies, please show where I engaged in ad hominem toward David French
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:13:33 pm by Longmire »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2016, 09:18:20 pm »
Trump isn't the one complaining about this though, is he?

No, only French is...despite his past indifference to online trolling.  :shrug:

Defending the Alt Right again....

I'm shocked, shocked

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2016, 09:24:51 pm »
It wasn't a strawman.  It was a question.  Clearly you did not like the question.   Instead of answering the charges, you went to blaming the victim, David French.  Instead of answering the poster, you went to accusing him of a fallacy he did not make.   Then you end with the "who knows what is behind it" as though we do not know who and what is behind it.  We do.  They are Trump supporters.

This will give you an idea of who is behind it:  http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/meet-the-alt-right-spokesman-thrilled-by-trumps-rise-w443902

Offline Longmire

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2016, 09:41:20 pm »
This will give you an idea of who is behind it:  http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/meet-the-alt-right-spokesman-thrilled-by-trumps-rise-w44390

Very informative article, but there's nothing in there about David French.

You'll have to identify why the alt-right would want to attack French more so than his enemies in the gaming world would.

Otherwise this is a classic cowboys dressed as indians attacking the wagon train situation.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2016, 10:08:26 pm »
Sure you did...

I find it fascinating that my words needed to be 'rephrased' before you could use them.

That's how a straw man is built.  :nono:

-btw speaking of knowing your fallacies, please show where I engaged in ad hominem toward David French

You said, "Maybe French should've sat down and compared notes with Trump before writing about his 'ordeal'."  I said, "So you're saying that not doing so excuses all the disgusting vitriol directed at him and his family?"  My words took exactly what you said (I didn't even rephrase them, as is clear from these exact quotations) and asked if you recognized the implications of your statement.  Again, you seem to have no idea just what a strawman argument is.

As to your ad hominem, you said, "David French briefly stuck his nose into presidential politics and seems surprised at the de jour response from certain quarters," and, "David French also has an extensive background as a prolific online 'gamer', a sub-culture unto itself with a long history of viscous political troll wars and doxing. French famously mocked his gamer enemies in a 2015 NR blog in which he described these battles.  So who knows what's really behind the ongoing attacks on French, its not like his anti-Trump blogging has had any meaningful impact on the race, and his foray as a candidate was so brief and inconsequential  it is barely worth mentioning."  I really shouldn't have to teach you what simple terms like "strawman" and "ad hominem" mean.  If you're going to play in this arena, try to keep up.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2016, 10:21:14 pm »
Very informative article, but there's nothing in there about David French.

You'll have to identify why the alt-right would want to attack French more so than his enemies in the gaming world would.

Otherwise this is a classic cowboys dressed as indians attacking the wagon train situation.

I'm wondering why you seem to run in circles trying to deflect attention away from the alt-right any time they are mentioned.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2016, 01:58:06 am »
As to your ad hominem, you said, "David French briefly stuck his nose into presidential politics and seems surprised at the de jour response from certain quarters," and, "David French also has an extensive background as a prolific online 'gamer', a sub-culture unto itself with a long history of viscous political troll wars and doxing. French famously mocked his gamer enemies in a 2015 NR blog in which he described these battles.  So who knows what's really behind the ongoing attacks on French, its not like his anti-Trump blogging has had any meaningful impact on the race, and his foray as a candidate was so brief and inconsequential  it is barely worth mentioning." 

Fact based opinion doesn't constitute ad hominem, clearly I didn't attack French personally or call him any names. :shrug:

You may have majored in clever in college @Doug Loss , but you clearly failed here.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2016, 02:00:45 am »
I'm wondering why you seem to run in circles trying to deflect attention away from the alt-right any time they are mentioned.

Or you could respond to some of the legitimate issues I've raised, but that would require some effort on your part wouldn't it?

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2016, 02:13:03 am »
Fact based opinion doesn't constitute ad hominem, clearly I didn't attack French personally or call him any names. :shrug:

You may have majored in clever in college @Doug Loss , but you clearly failed here.

Oh son, you really aren't doing yourself any favors here by trying to appear erudite.  It just isn't working, and is only making you look foolish.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2016, 03:29:43 am »
Or you could respond to some of the legitimate issues I've raised, but that would require some effort on your part wouldn't it?

Hmmmm... Hypocrisy much? I just called you out elsewhere on this board for the same thing you accuse @LadyLiberty of. Small wonder that you're not able to bring anyone into the Trump camp.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Oceander

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2016, 03:53:03 am »
@Longmire
Nice avatar image.  Is that something you plan on using if the results on Nov. 8 don't go your way?