Author Topic: My Vote, Explained...By Charles Krauthammer  (Read 5828 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: My Vote, Explained...By Charles Krauthammer
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 01:21:01 pm »
Republican Establishment: The sods who never miss a meal no matter who is in power.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 01:23:51 pm »
And what does that even mean, anyway?  I think "Republican establishment" has become another one of those terms that people toss around without thought, other than that it expresses some strong but amorphous dislike.

@jmyrlefuller explained it simply and well.

Trump, by being embraced by the powers that be within the GOP, is now officially "the establishment."

He's been a part of the corrupt political process as a donor in the past, but now he's an officially corrupt politician.

Any one who calls him an "outsider" is fooling himself, and anyone who votes for him because he's going to "shake things up" in Washington is deluded.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 02:55:00 pm »
The people in charge of the party, the power brokers like Reince Priebus, are now backing Trump with their full fervor. Many of Jeb's backers, for example, are on the Trump Train now. That's what the party establishment means.

That's what you say it means, and there's a lot that's probably correct.  But I think it's become a term like RINO, neocon, or "not conservative" -- a convenient epithet to toss off against something one disagrees with, rather than anything with fixed meaning.

For example, a lot of those whom I'd class as "Republican Establishment" in the power-broker sense, have tossed in their lot with Hillary, or refused to endorse or support Trump.  Partly that's a symptom of a fractured party; but it's also evidence that Trump isn't "the establishment candidate" except when it's convenient to insult him as such.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:55:55 pm by r9etb »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 03:12:38 pm »
@jpsb and @TomSea 

We get it. You hate Jews.  **nononono*
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 03:32:42 pm »
@jpsb and @TomSea 

I dislike neocons not Jews. Neocon is a philosophy on how to govern. Jew is a race. See the difference?

I have the highest regard for Jews.  As a young man living in Port Washington NY I had many Jewish friends and chased after more than a few Jewish girls.  Nope my problem is not with Jews it's with the Krauthammers and Bushes of the world.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:34:11 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 03:36:34 pm »
Just further confirmation that they're nothing more than Orangeshirts; that is, latter day brownshirts.

More and more you remind me of liberal democrat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 03:46:01 pm »
I dislike neocons not Jews. Neocon is a philosophy on how to govern. Jew is a race. See the difference?

I have the highest regard for Jews.  As a young man living in Port Washington NY I had many Jewish friends and chased after more than a few Jewish girls.  Nope my problem is not with Jews it's with the Krauthammers and Bushes of the world.

"I can't be racist - I know some black people.  I hang out with black people.  See, I'm obviously not racist".

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 04:28:37 pm »
"I can't be racist - I know some black people.  I hang out with black people.  See, I'm obviously not racist".

Nailed it. 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline FreeReign

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 05:15:49 pm »
@jpsb and @TomSea 

Wait...you think that they hate jews because of what?

Offline FreeReign

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 05:19:37 pm »
Sorry Free I edited your post because you quoted a post that had what I think is an insulting/offensive comment..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:25:47 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 05:20:44 pm »

See to me this sounds exactly what liberals say a lot.

"I don't like Obama"

"Well you're a racist"

"I'm not a racist"

"You are, prove you're not"

"Hard to prove you're not a racist, but I hang around black people, I live around them. I'm friends with black people. Maybe I've even dated or married black people"

{insert your mocking statement here}

So basically it's just an unfalsifiable thing. Nothing JBSP will do can ever disprove he's a racist.

You're displaying the same idiocy as the left. So stop doing that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2016, 05:36:24 pm »

See to me this sounds exactly what liberals say a lot.

"I don't like Obama"

"Well you're a racist"

"I'm not a racist"

"You are, prove you're not"

"Hard to prove you're not a racist, but I hang around black people, I live around them. I'm friends with black people. Maybe I've even dated or married black people"

{insert your mocking statement here}

So basically it's just an unfalsifiable thing. Nothing JBSP will do can ever disprove he's a racist.

You're displaying the same idiocy as the left. So stop doing that.

:silly:

Well bless your little pea-picking heart!   I think you managed to completely miss the point.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2016, 06:27:53 pm »
:silly:

Well bless your little pea-picking heart!   I think you managed to completely miss the point.

I noticed that! 

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2016, 07:05:33 pm »
Just want to pull this out and comment.

Freedom isn't something you can stick in your wallet. Yet people kill for it. Die for it. Even die that others may have it.
True. And I think Krauthammer was taking a dig at the country's current standard, not accepting it.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2016, 12:17:53 am »
In every post I've read from you lately you are calling everyone but yourself "stupid" or "idiots."  If that's not a leftist tactic then nothing is.  It certainly is not proving your claimed genius.

I've been cranky. I feel powerless to change things I guess.  :shrug:

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2016, 12:23:07 am »

1. That Jew is a race is a controversial topic in and of itself.
2. Its been posted many, many times that neocon is the new "dirty Jew."
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2016, 12:23:37 am »

Have a Snickers  :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2016, 01:28:20 am »

Yeah, I think we're all feeling some of that lately.  Not sure it's going to get better any time soon.  But, we could be better to each other.  I need to try harder.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2016, 01:35:07 am »
Have a Snickers  :silly:

This is how we ALL feel.....

Offline jpsb

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2016, 01:56:52 pm »
1. That Jew is a race is a controversial topic in and of itself.
2. Its been posted many, many times that neocon is the new "dirty Jew."

neocon has got nothing to do with "Jew" dirty or otherwise. Only fools allow adversaries to define their language for them

Wiki
Neoconservatism (commonly shortened to neocon) is a political movement born in the United States during the 1960s among conservative leaning Democrats who became disenchanted with the party's foreign policy. Many of its adherents became politically famous during the Republican presidential administrations of the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. Neoconservatives peaked in influence during the administration of George W. Bush, when they played a major role in promoting and planning the 2003 invasion of Iraq.[1] Prominent neoconservatives in the George W. Bush administration included Paul Wolfowitz, John Bolton, Elliott Abrams, Richard Perle and Paul Bremer. Senior officials Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, while not identifying as neoconservatives, listened closely to neoconservative advisers regarding foreign policy, especially the defense of Israel and the promotion of democracy in the Middle East.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:04:21 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2016, 02:00:36 pm »

You too are starting to greatly resemble a liberal democrat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2016, 02:02:36 pm »
@jpsb and @TomSea 

@goodwithagun (should be goodwithakeyboard) We get it. You hate Babies.  **nononono*

This is a libelous cowardly attack, such a moniker should be "good with a keyboard" because one certainly can not get this message from the one prior post I had.

If "goodwithakeyboard" is such an abortion rights supporter like Krauthammer, have at it, I will take those slings and arrows standing up for life.

Better to be pro-innocent lives.

Libel however you want, that must be the root word for liberal.

(post styled with the anti-Trump thug vocabulary)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:05:16 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2016, 02:16:44 pm »
More and more you remind me of liberal democrat.

Priceless, I think the remark you quoted was deleted by someone, as it should be and should be duly noted. Thanks Mods!

At least, that the anti-Trumpers continually personally attack others is fully on display now and could not be clearer. There is no civility.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:26:20 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2016, 02:51:00 pm »
You too are starting to greatly resemble a liberal democrat.

Trying to insult me does nothing to challenge the accuracy of that statement but does indicate that it hit the mark.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:52:28 pm by Sanguine »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2016, 06:06:04 pm »
@goodwithagun (should be goodwithakeyboard) We get it. You hate Babies.  **nononono*

This is a libelous cowardly attack, such a moniker should be "good with a keyboard" because one certainly can not get this message from the one prior post I had.

If "goodwithakeyboard" is such an abortion rights supporter like Krauthammer, have at it, I will take those slings and arrows standing up for life.

Better to be pro-innocent lives.

Libel however you want, that must be the root word for liberal.

(post styled with the anti-Trump thug vocabulary)

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Gasping my sides for air . .
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.