Author Topic: My Vote, Explained...By Charles Krauthammer  (Read 5826 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My Vote, Explained...By Charles Krauthammer
« on: October 21, 2016, 12:43:06 pm »
 My Vote, Explained
Because she’s a dishonest, soulless, big-state progressive
By Charles Krauthammer — October 20, 2016

The case against Hillary Clinton could have been written before the recent WikiLeaks and FBI disclosures. But these documents do provide hard textual backup.

The most sensational disclosure was the proposed deal between the State Department and the FBI in which the FBI would declassify a Hillary Clinton e-mail and State would give the FBI more slots in overseas stations. What made it sensational was the rare appearance in an official account of the phrase “quid pro quo,” which is the currently agreed-upon dividing line between acceptable and unacceptable corruption.

This is nonetheless an odd choice for most egregious offense. First, it occurred several layers removed from the campaign and from Clinton. It involved a career State Department official (he occupied the same position under Condoleezza Rice), covering not just for Clinton but for his own department.

Second, it’s not clear which side originally offered the bargain. Third, nothing tangible was supposed to exchange hands. There was no proposed personal enrichment — a Rolex in return for your soul — which tends to be our standard for punishable misconduct.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/441300/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

Re: My Vote, Explained...By Charles Krauthammer
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 01:07:30 pm »
Not at all surprising Krauthammer is a bushbot neocon globalist pig. Hillary thou corrupt will implement a neocon globalist pig foreign policy. Krauthammer will be more then fine with Hillary.
One more thing Krauthammer is not, nor ever was a conservative.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 01:52:46 pm »
I'd love to see Krauthammer appear on Laura Ingraham's show, in light of her recent comments. I'm afraid, though, that Charles would destroy her.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 02:00:42 pm »
Not at all surprising Krauthammer is a bushbot neocon globalist pig. Hillary thou corrupt will implement a neocon globalist pig foreign policy. Krauthammer will be more then fine with Hillary.

The venerable, time-tested ad hominem, first and most-used arrow in the pro-Trump quiver.  If that fallacy could actually gain votes then Trump would be elected unanimously.  Obviously it isn't working.
James 1:20

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 02:11:04 pm »

It's amazing how the far right morphed into the far left circa 2005 or so. YOu can't really tell the difference anymore.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 02:44:50 pm »

And even better/worse from your perspective: he's Jewish.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 02:51:28 pm »

We know.  You hate the Jews.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 06:02:07 pm »
I agree completely with Krauthammer, except I cannot rule out voting for Trump.  Krauthammer lives in New York, where not voting for Trump has no consequences.  I live in Pennsylvania, where it might.  It is a much harder decision, and one I will hold off on for as long as possible.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:15:12 pm by massadvj »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 06:10:17 pm »
I agree completely with Krauthammer, except I cannot rule out voting for Trump.  He lives in New York, where not voting for Trump has no consequences.  I live in Pennsylvania, where it might.  It is a much harder decision, and one I will hold off on for as long as possible.

I fully understand where you're coming from.  It's a tough decision, because you're trying to do the right thing, and you're trying to select between two intolerable choices.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 06:14:22 pm »
Krauthammer's a Neo-Con; I fully respect him but it doesn't mean I have to agree with his positions.

See how he cheered on the Iraq war years ago, it is either him or Shapiro who were sure they'd find WMDs and wrote so.

Leading Pro-Abortion Columnist Calls for Roe v. Wade to be Reversed

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) — Nationally syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer is a well-respected writer and journalist when it comes to political issues. Though he’s not pro-life, an article of his in newspapers across the nation today calls on the Supreme Court to reverse its landmark Roe v. Wade ruling allowing abortion on demand.

Krauthammer doesn’t want the decision reversed because he thinks abortion is a travesty or sympathizes with the plight of unborn children who see their life snuffed out.

Instead, he thinks the high court took away the right of people to voice their views on abortion on a state by state basis through their legislatures.

Read More At: http://www.lifenews.com/2007/05/11/nat-3113/

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 08:43:49 pm »
Krauthammer's a Neo-Con; I fully respect him but it doesn't mean I have to agree with his positions.

See how he cheered on the Iraq war years ago, it is either him or Shapiro who were sure they'd find WMDs and wrote so.

And we did find WMDs there.  What's your point?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 08:49:31 pm »

Ben Shapiro was holding forth on Saddam WMDs? In high school debate class?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 08:50:07 pm »
Third, nothing tangible was supposed to exchange hands. There was no proposed personal enrichment — a Rolex in return for your soul — which tends to be our standard for punishable misconduct.

Just want to pull this out and comment.

Freedom isn't something you can stick in your wallet. Yet people kill for it. Die for it. Even die that others may have it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 08:59:58 pm »
The only question is whose name I’m going to write in. With Albert Schweitzer doubly unavailable (noncitizen, dead), I’m down to Paul Ryan or Ben Sasse. Two weeks to decide.

Paul Ryan?  Really?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 10:45:49 pm »

Krauthammer is one of our finest commentators.

...I didn’t need the Wiki files to oppose Hillary Clinton. As a conservative, I have long disagreed with her worldview and the policies that flow from it. As for character, I have watched her long enough to find her deeply flawed, to the point of unfitness. But for those heretofore unpersuaded, the recent disclosures should close the case.

A case so strong that, against any of a dozen possible GOP candidates, voting for her opponent would be a no-brainer. Against Donald Trump, however, it’s a dilemma. I will not vote for Hillary Clinton. But, as I’ve explained in these columns, I could never vote for Donald Trump.

The only question is whose name I’m going to write in. With Albert Schweitzer doubly unavailable (noncitizen, dead), I’m down to Paul Ryan or Ben Sasse. Two weeks to decide.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:47:28 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 11:32:35 pm »
Krauthammer is one of our finest commentators.

Very true. And when arguing for Conservatism, I can think of few others alive today that can do it as good and with such remarkable intellect as Krauthammer. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 11:50:49 pm »
I agree completely with Krauthammer, except I cannot rule out voting for Trump.  Krauthammer lives in New York, where not voting for Trump has no consequences.  I live in Pennsylvania, where it might.  It is a much harder decision, and one I will hold off on for as long as possible.

It's a no brainier, IMO.    The only way to slap corrupt Hillary down is to vote a Trump.  The whole corrupt, Hillary supporting establishment needs to be slapped down.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:52:19 pm by Eowyn »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 12:09:12 am »
It's a no brainier, IMO.    The only way to slap corrupt Hillary down is to vote a Trump.  The whole corrupt, Hillary supporting establishment needs to be slapped down.

And is the only way to slap corrupt Trump down to vote for Hillary??

I don't THINK so.

A viable alternative for those who cannot vote for corruption is to vote third party, or write someone else in.

For some of us, both people are too evil to support.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 01:48:57 am »
mass wrote:
"I cannot rule out voting for Trump.  Krauthammer lives in New York, where not voting for Trump has no consequences.  I live in Pennsylvania, where it might.  It is a much harder decision, and one I will hold off on for as long as possible."

Aw, c'mon, Victor, you can do it!
Just quaff down a few strong ones, and head for the polls.
If the stuff was too strong, have someone drive you!

BTW, I live in Connecticut, where Trump and any other Republican running for the Senate, Congress, governorship, etc. has no chance of winning.
Some months back, I posted here numerous times that I had the luxury of staying home from the polls and not voting for a RINO like Jeb because my vote wouldn't count anyway in such a blue state.

But I've changed my mind.
This time, I'll vote because I actually don't mind votin' for Trump, just to throw one more small stone at the face of the Pubbie establishment.

Take that!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 02:23:41 am »
mass wrote:
"I cannot rule out voting for Trump.  Krauthammer lives in New York, where not voting for Trump has no consequences.  I live in Pennsylvania, where it might.  It is a much harder decision, and one I will hold off on for as long as possible."

BTW, I live in Connecticut, where Trump and any other Republican running for the Senate, Congress, governorship, etc. has no chance of winning.
Some months back, I posted here numerous times that I had the luxury of staying home from the polls and not voting for a RINO like Jeb because my vote wouldn't count anyway in such a blue state.

This time, I'll vote because I actually don't mind votin' for Trump, just to throw one more small stone at the face of the Pubbie establishment.

Take that!

You conveniently forget that Trump is now the "Pubbie establishment" and they are working together to put a liberal in the WH.

Those facts must be tough for you to take in your pretend world of Donald Trump's "anti-establishment" heroism.

As Carly Fiorina so accurately said......... Donald Trump IS the system.

And by voting for him, you are voting FOR the establishment.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 03:10:14 am »
mass wrote:

Take that!

OK. You've just destroyed the Republican Party. What will you replace it with?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 05:46:13 am »

It's amazing how the far right morphed into the far left circa 2005 or so. YOu can't really tell the difference anymore.

Great observation.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 01:03:39 pm »
Very true. And when arguing for Conservatism, I can think of few others alive today that can do it as good and with such remarkable intellect as Krauthammer.

Apparently if ever Krauthammer has expressed opinions that differ from certain of his readers, he's the worst of traitors.  "Safe spaces" aren't just for college kids anymore.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 01:05:54 pm »
You conveniently forget that Trump is now the "Pubbie establishment" and they are working together to put a liberal in the WH.

And what does that even mean, anyway?  I think "Republican establishment" has become another one of those terms that people toss around without thought, other than that it expresses some strong but amorphous dislike.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 01:12:22 pm »
And what does that even mean, anyway?  I think "Republican establishment" has become another one of those terms that people toss around without thought, other than that it expresses some strong but amorphous dislike.
The people in charge of the party, the power brokers like Reince Priebus, are now backing Trump with their full fervor. Many of Jeb's backers, for example, are on the Trump Train now. That's what the party establishment means.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024