Author Topic: Milwaukee police officer charged with sexual assaulting a man the night after fatal shooting - CBS/AP  (Read 587 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Milwaukee police officer charged with sexual assaulting a man the night after fatal shooting

MILWAUKEE -- A Milwaukee police officer who fatally shot a black man in August, sparking several nights of unrest, has been charged with sexually assaulting a man the night after the shooting, after they watched coverage of the riots on television at a bar, authorities said Thursday.

Officer Dominique Heaggan-Brown, 24, was arrested Wednesday. The alleged victim, unidentified in a criminal complaint, told police on Aug. 15 that Heaggan-Brown had sexually assaulted him while off duty.

Heaggan-Brown fatally shot 23-year-old Sylville Smith on Aug. 13. Police said he was holding a gun when he was shot after a brief chase.

Police said Heaggan-Brown is suspended and in custody, and they have launched an internal investigation. Chief Edward Flynn scheduled a news conference for 3:30 p.m. Thursday.

Read More At: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dominique-haeggan-brown-milwaukee-police-officer-charged-with-sexual-assault-the-night-after-fatal-shooting/

Not only does this defy belief;  the initial incident of the fatal shooting is what caused that strife in Milwaukee a few months ago.

Photo of the officer at link, I usually find my own stories, I am lifting this from elsewhere.