Author Topic: Sabato stuns CNN anchor with prediction Clinton will get 352 electoral votes  (Read 4842 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 20, 2016, 10:46 am
Sabato stuns CNN anchor with prediction Clinton will get 352 electoral votes

By Rebecca Savransky

Political analyst Larry Sabato on Thursday said Hillary Clinton could win more than 350 electoral votes — a statement that shocked a CNN anchor.

Sabato, director of the University of Virginia Center for Politics, said Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is "very unlikely" to win the presidential race.
"We now have Hillary Clinton at her peak for the year, at 352 electoral votes," Sabato said Thursday on CNN of the Democratic nominee.

"I know CNN is more cautious."

"What, wait, 352?" CNN's Carol Costello asked.

"Yes, we have her at 352, you have her at 307. We'll find out on election night who's closer," Sabato responded.

"OK, you've just stunned me into silence," Costello said, "so it's a good time to end it here."

Sabato's Crystal Ball is predicting Clinton will receive 352 electoral voters. In the analysis, the team writes that Clinton is in a "commanding position in the contest to become the 45th president."

In recent weeks, Clinton has been leading the polls both nationally and in many battleground states. According to the RealClearPolitics average of polls, Clinton has a 6-point lead over her Republican rival nationally.

The polls-plus election forecast on FiveThirtyEight predicts Clinton will get 326.6 electoral votes.

Sabato on Thursday also slammed Trump, suggesting he is living in an alternate reality. He said Trump has proclaimed he has won all three debates, which suggests "there are parallel universes."

"And he's living in a separate one where he wins the debates, he's winning the election and probably will take the oath of office after Nov. 8 on Jan. 20, even though he has not been elected president," Sabato said on CNN.

"It doesn't change a thing in this universe."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

That would be glorious!...  A total gut punch to the Orange Foolious and his little hands.

Offline andy58-in-nh

That would be glorious!...  A total gut punch to the Orange Foolious and his little hands.
On one hand, I don't want Clinton thinking she has any kind of a mandate.
On the other, I don't want Trump thinking the election was stolen from him.
Damn. I wish I had three hands.
On Election night, one will be on a bottle and the other on a glass.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Anybody tired of winning yet?
 8888crybaby

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Anybody tired of winning yet?
 8888crybaby

Hell no. Just wait till the GOP runs a Gore/Sheen ticket in 20. We are gonna clean up!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
President is lost, time to focus on the Senate.

I actually think Trump can recover a little bit and seems to be. It won't be enough though.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yep.... we need three hands on this one.  Maybe four.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ScottinVA

I agree.  The Presidential election is a done deal; time to retreat back to protecting Senate and House seats.

• Technical

HIllary is just a soulless hack IMO, not really a true blue liberal like Obama.

What scares me is judicial nominees.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I want to see HRC lose in a landslide, and then Trump govern as a solid Conservative with due respect for the Constitution.

But I think you've got a better chance with the three hands thing.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

HonestJohn

I want to see HRC lose in a landslide, and then Trump govern as a solid Conservative with due respect for the Constitution.

But I think you've got a better chance with the three hands thing.

I want unicorns to poop skittles so I can 'taste the rainbow'.

And for it to rain hotdogs and hamburgers.

But I know that's not happening.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:48:04 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Norm Lenhart

I actually think Trump can recover a little bit and seems to be. It won't be enough though.

He probably will but he will invariably blow it to hell as he always does and there are no more debates to fix it. Not that he fixed anything after the first two. His pattern is to boost hillary.

Online corbe

Get ready Folks, The Trumpsters (that are unashamed and remain here) will be living this:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

• Technical
   Get ready Folks, The Trumpsters (that are unashamed and remain here) will be living this:

Trumpsters are perpetually stuck in the denial stage.

Offline Idiot

My friend....there is NOTHING glorious about the travesty that is about to unfold on US!
@Wingnut
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:01:46 pm by mrpotatohead »

HonestJohn

Let's not ape the Trump supporters.

They posted this sort of stuff in the primaries. 

While they richly deserve to have their own behavior thrown back in their faces, we are better than that.

For we shouldn't be doing what we would not like done to us.

Offline ScottinVA

Problem is.. it doesn't take a Trumpster to experience that.  The rest of us experience the same intensity of loss as well.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:11:41 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Yep.... we need three hands on this one.  Maybe four.

Whatever it takes.

Offline ScottinVA

Online corbe

Let's not ape the Trump supporters.

They posted this sort of stuff in the primaries. 

While they richly deserve to have their own behavior thrown back in their faces, we are better than that.

For we shouldn't be doing what we would not like done to us.

I admire your sense of the Humanity of it all, but @HonestJohn, These 'shiny squirrel' chaserin, Kardasian wannabe's just squandered the BEST Chance we had to get a Constitutional Conservative Elected in the last 30 years.  hellary was just so weak, but obviously stronger than trump.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Be careful what you wish for.  A Clinton presidency certainly isn't worth an 'in your face' short-lived moment!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Whatever it takes.

...a continual IV drip resulting in some sort of sedation for the next four years.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Be careful what you wish for.  A Clinton presidency certainly isn't worth an 'in your face' short-lived moment!!
It's the only way these people are going to learn. Pain teaches. And if they don't, thats on them too.

It did not have to be this way. But we can't stop it. So we have to make the best of the situation. Trump is not an option. No one will vote for Hillary. So vote third party to boost their standing for next time, rid your life of Trump supporters to keep your family safe, buckle up in survival mode and let them get the full measure of what they forced on America. Alone. We arent needed.