Author Topic: These Nine States Will Vote on Legalizing Recreational and Medical Marijuana  (Read 4504 times)

Offline goatprairie

A friend who had non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma said the pills (THC) were not only about 5 times as expensive as an effective dose of the plant, but were not as effective. That was back in the '90s FWIW.

"Marijuana in a pill may work ever better as a pain reliever than the smoked form and with fewer harmful side-effects, say experts.
New research, carried out by Columbia University in New York, could undermine the burgeoning U.S. medical marijuana market, which is now estimated to be worth $1.3 billion and expected to reach $9billion in the next three years."

This is from a recent study.  I guess the pills have improved over the years.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2313425/Marijuana-pill-MORE-effective-relieving-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The true medicinal part I don't mind, like opoids or any other plant derived drug, but most of the weed thing is about recreational. Though I like a good bottle of cheap Aldi wine from time to time and my cigars, weed is a near obsession with most of the legalization crowd, too many of which are just a subculture of retread hippies. 'Yeah myan, gonna smoke some weed! Weeeeeeed myan! Weed us my life myan!'

From there it's just a bunch of spaced out, burnt out urban/suburban zombies with no life or ambition, just taking up space, and most likely living off welfare and committing petty crimes.

Which is why I'm not a fan of recreational legalization.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Idiot

The true medicinal part I don't mind, like opoids or any other plant derived drug, but most of the weed thing is about recreational. Though I like a good bottle of cheap Aldi wine from time to time and my cigars, weed is a near obsession with most of the legalization crowd, too many of which are just a subculture of retread hippies. 'Yeah myan, gonna smoke some weed! Weeeeeeed myan! Weed us my life myan!'

From there it's just a bunch of spaced out, burnt out urban/suburban zombies with no life or ambition, just taking up space, and most likely living off welfare and committing petty crimes.

Which is why I'm not a fan of recreational legalization.
I'm against legalization just simply because we have enough drunks on the roadways now....that's all we need are people driving high as a kite.  Scary enough on the roadways now......

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm against legalization just simply because we have enough drunks on the roadways now....that's all we need are people driving high as a kite.  Scary enough on the roadways now......

My thing is, you do weed and other drugs to get high. Period. Alcohol and tobacco such as cigars, maybe but not necessarily. I like a good glass of wine and a cigar, but I don't necessarily want to get buzzed on either.

So I'm more lenient on those two, but in terms of drunk driving I'm really harsh on that.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
driving on a road full of drivers who are stoned to the bone with a phone at 65? Maybe they are trying to get everyone to take the train...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

driving on a road full of drivers who are stoned to the bone with a phone at 65? Maybe they are trying to get everyone to take the train...
Make that 75-80 here.  You hit a wild hog or deer going that fast and poof you are gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZY__j0Tyk

Online mountaineer

Police: RV Containing Pot-Laced Candy Catches Fire on Delaware Memorial Bridge
Posted: Oct 24, 2016 4:20 AM EST
Updated: Oct 24, 2016 4:20 AM EST
WBOC

PENNSVILLE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - Police say a pot advocacy company's RV carrying marijuana-laced candy burst into flames on a bridge that connects New Jersey and Delaware, causing lane closures and tying up traffic for hours.

Weed World Candies says more than $50,000 in merchandise was destroyed Sunday evening when one of its vehicles heading to Philadelphia from Washington D.C. caught fire on the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

The company uses tour vehicles to sell marijuana-laced lollipops and promote the legalization and decriminalization of pot.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze. No injuries were reported.

The Delaware River and Bay Authority tells NJ.com all northbound lanes were closed for about a half-hour. Two lanes were still closed three hours later.

The cause of the fire wasn't immediately clear.

:pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Dems love to put issues like this on the ballot to get out their base in an election year.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Supposedly Hendrix beat his girl friends. Although one ex girl friend denies being beaten by him.
Never got into his music anyway. Nor Joplin. Liked a lot of the Doors.

I don't know about Hendrix beating his girlfriends. Many leftist white rock stars certainly did abuse women and girls - Jackson Brown worked over Daryl Hannah pretty well a few times. Jimmy Page had a fourteen year old girl on tour with him (cuckoo clock sounds), John Mellencamp's keyboard player was a child molester profiled on America's Most Wanted who was eventually arrested in Thailand where he was molesting the children of wealthy Thai families while teaching them piano. Bruce Springsteen  broke up a happy marriage because he stole some guys wife when he met her at a gym (although my feeling is that if she could be seduced by a rock star, she didn't really love the guy anyway, so good riddance). All leftists for the most part and all scum, as far as I am concerned. 

When I showed a conservative black friend the above post, he laughed and then very seriously said, "Most leftist or non-conservative blacks beat their girlfriends - especially those who are into rap-hip hop. It's like cheating on your wife in the Hispanic culture- beating up your girlfriend is just accepted as normal in the black sub-culture."

I believe him. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:45:09 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dems love to put issues like this on the ballot to get out their base in an election year.
True, if they don't get too stoned to get to the polls in time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis