Author Topic: Ivanka Trump: I expect my father to concede if he loses  (Read 1090 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ivanka Trump: I expect my father to concede if he loses
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:45:48 pm »
October 19, 2016, 02:41 pm
Ivanka Trump: I expect my father to concede if he loses

By Ben Kamisar

Ivanka Trump said her father would accept the outcome of the 2016 presidential election even if he loses as the GOP nominee continues to warn that the election might be "rigged" against him.
"My father is in this to win it, and I'm not interested in talking about alternative outcomes. Of course, my father will always do the right thing, that’s the kind of person he is," Ivanka Trump said during an interview with Time magazine's Nancy Gibbs during Wednesday's Fortune Most Powerful Women Summit.

"He’ll either win or he won’t win, and I believe he’ll accept the outcome either way."

Donald Trump's near constant warnings about voter fraud have prompted concerns as to whether he'd stand down if he loses in November. He said he would during the first presidential debate but told The New York Times when asked again just days later, "We're going to have to see."

Ivanka Trump didn't directly answer a question about whether she agreed with her father that the election is rigged against him, but she pointed to a "vicious" media that she claims has distorted stories about her father and the Trump brand.

She specifically pointed to a Times story from this week that used data from an online travel company that showed a 58 percent decrease in Trump bookings.

Ivanka Trump described how her organization had argued with the paper that the data only relied on a booking website that accounted for just 18 nights in the previous year, so the analysis failed to capture the vast majority of the Trump hotel bookings. But she said the Times didn't include that context.

"It's demoralizing when you are working very hard and you have teams working very hard," she said.

"The bias is very, very real, and I don't think I would have said this to you even a year ago."

Earlier, she pushed back on the characterization of her as a campaign "surrogate," pointing to her decision to stay out of policy outside of her work on child care policies.

"I'm not dogmatically aligned with any party and I share my thoughts with my father very candidly," she said.

"I made a very purposeful determination at the beginning of this campaign not to talk about policy because I am not the candidate, I am not an adviser. I am the daughter."

As the GOP nominee's daughter, she's hit the stump with her father and come to his defense in a handful of interviews. And reports pegged her in playing a key role in the ouster of her father's first campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/301825-ivanka-trump-i-expect-my-father-to-concede-if-he-loses
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Re: Ivanka Trump: I expect my father to concede if he loses
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:45:24 pm »
"I made a very purposeful determination at the beginning of this campaign not to talk about policy"

Real shame that Donny made the same determination...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:59:31 pm »
I'm not sure Trump will concede, considering his temperament. Perhaps they can have Alec Baldwin go to the mic in his Trump get-up and deliver a civil concession speech.  :silly:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 11:09:05 pm »
If he doesn't concede, it will demonstrate that he was the sewer rat many of us knew him to be.

But he doesn't have to.  Hillary can simply accept the victory that will be hers and move on. 

Trump and his followers will look small and will be completely forgotten by Thanksgiving.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 01:50:09 pm »
The last time we did not have a peaceful transition of powers, anyone recall what happened?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 11:56:00 pm »
The last time we did not have a peaceful transition of powers, anyone recall what happened?

Fortunately, Trumpists hold no territory or means of manufacturing. (no GOP politician in any state, except the Governor of Maine, has supported these claims)

Should they start shooting, the bloodbath will overwhelmingly be on their side.

Sometimes I think it might be worth the bloodshed to finally put these notions to rest.  But then I sober up.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 11:59:52 pm »
I expect my father to concede if when he loses.

Fixed it.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 02:42:03 am »
The women in this family are the only ones with any brains.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 02:47:19 am »
Expectation is not the same as reality.  When I was little I expected to get a magic wand for my 6th birthday.  Needless to say ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 11:47:47 am »
Expectation is not the same as reality.  When I was little I expected to get a magic wand for my 6th birthday.  Needless to say ....

I get your pain, I wanted a Barbie dream house. With Ken.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️