Author Topic: McMullin tops new poll of Utah voters  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: McMullin tops new poll of Utah voters
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 09:52:17 pm »
He seems to be doing well in Idaho as well.  I think he's going to win Utah and here is how he could win the presidency:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/21/mcmullin-surging-in-utah-indy-candidates-plan-for-electoral-college-chaos.html#
Interesting, thanks for the link.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2016, 10:38:46 pm »
@Hoodat

http://elections.sos.ga.gov/GAElection/CandidateDetails

THANK YOU !!!

And Darrell Castle is on that list.  I didn't want to risk having my ballot disqualified because I wrote in a non-qualified candidate.   I want to vote against my Republican (in name only) Senator and my Republican (in proxy to the Speaker) Representative too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2016, 10:44:42 pm »
Hey, how did this guy qualify as a write-in for President?  He was born in Scotland.

http://vote-ga.org/Intro.aspx?State=GA&Id=GAByrneDavid

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2016, 10:54:04 pm »
Team McMullin ‏@TeamMcMullin  1h1 hour ago
We're having a great day on #TeamMcMullin. Ballot access in 5 more states, lots of good press, online donations up

Those 5 states are New York, North Dakota, Connecticut, Wyoming, and Washington.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2016, 11:20:59 pm »
For the first time in 40 years of voting, I just wrote-in a candidate. Thank God that we can still vote our conscience and for the only true conservative running.    Best of luck Evan in Utah. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Silver Pines

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2016, 11:30:53 pm »
For the first time in 40 years of voting, I just wrote-in a candidate. Thank God that we can still vote our conscience and for the only true conservative running.    Best of luck Evan in Utah.

@NavyCanDo

I'll bet you felt free, lol.

I'll be doing the same when the 8th rolls around.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 01:55:57 am »
libertybele wrote:
"He seems to be doing well in Idaho as well.  I think he's going to win Utah and here is how he could win the presidency:"

This guy is in dream land.

Even if the election "went to the House" (in which each state gets one vote and which currently has more Republican states than democratic ones), they'd NEVER choose this guy. Not a chance, zero.

If the House Republicans bolted on Trump, they'd probably consider Pence in his stead.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 03:53:13 am »
He seems to be doing well in Idaho as well.  I think he's going to win Utah and here is how he could win the presidency:

I will probably be voting for Castle, unless McMullin catches a surge here in the Rockies... If he continues to catch on, I wouldn't mind voting for him.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 04:13:53 am »
If the House Republicans bolted on Trump, they'd probably consider Pence in his stead.

I doubt they'd try to violate the Constitution and actually go with Pence, though.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 04:22:28 am »
libertybele wrote:
"He seems to be doing well in Idaho as well.  I think he's going to win Utah and here is how he could win the presidency:"

This guy is in dream land.

Even if the election "went to the House" (in which each state gets one vote and which currently has more Republican states than democratic ones), they'd NEVER choose this guy. Not a chance, zero.

First off, they can't pick anyone other than the top 3 Electoral College vote getters. So, let's say McMullin gets Utah's 6, and the other two get 266 apiece. The House can only pick from Clinton, Trump or McMullin. (The same goes if four or more get electoral votes: say Johnson picks off New Mexico and gets 5 of his own on top of McMullin's 6. Johnson wouldn't be on the House ballot because he's not in the top 3.)

Second, remember: McMullin was policy director for the House Republican Conference last year. He has inside connections with the House GOP, which matters.

In the unlikely split scenario―which, admittedly, would require Trump to make a comeback―McMullin stands a real chance of staging a coup.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 06:48:26 am »
First off, they can't pick anyone other than the top 3 Electoral College vote getters. So, let's say McMullin gets Utah's 6, and the other two get 266 apiece. The House can only pick from Clinton, Trump or McMullin. (The same goes if four or more get electoral votes: say Johnson picks off New Mexico and gets 5 of his own on top of McMullin's 6. Johnson wouldn't be on the House ballot because he's not in the top 3.)

Second, remember: McMullin was policy director for the House Republican Conference last year. He has inside connections with the House GOP, which matters.

In the unlikely split scenario―which, admittedly, would require Trump to make a comeback―McMullin stands a real chance of staging a coup.

And the Senate votes on VP so conceivably Pence or even Paine could be voted acting President (until the HoR decided on President, at which time Pence would be VP).

All of this would require HRC to get a minority of EC votes, which simply will not happen, no matter what. HRC is almost certainly the next President.