Author Topic: Administration Wants to Designate More LGBTQ Landmarks  (Read 1201 times)

Offline endicom

Administration Wants to Designate More LGBTQ Landmarks
« on: October 19, 2016, 02:22:22 pm »
PJ Media
Nicholas Ballasy
Oct. 16, 2016

The federal government hopes to recognize more landmarks connected with the LGBTQ community, according to National Park Service Director Jonathan B. Jarvis.

>

“For far too long the struggles and contributions of the LGBTQ community have been ignored in the traditional narratives of our nation’s history. The impact of this study will result in an important step forward in reversing the underrepresentation of stories and places associated with the LBGTQ community and the complex and diverse stories of America,” she said.

More... https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2016/10/16/administration-wants-to-designate-more-lgbtq-landmarks/

Can we be more absurd? If I go to a park then that is to be surrounded by tall trees and to be mauled by grizzlies and stuff. Or it's to have a look at the workshop of some great inventor from the past. Something meaningful.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Administration Wants to Designate More LGBTQ Landmarks
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 03:24:29 pm »
Will they install a plaque on the gay bar in Chicago that Barry Obama was known to frequent?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 03:27:09 pm »
Lord, am I sick of these sanctimonious busybodies.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 03:37:27 pm »
Lord, am I sick of these sanctimonious busybodies.

They are "celebrating diversity", of course... by politicizing the private and promoting perversity.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 03:40:03 pm »
They are "celebrating diversity", of course... by politicizing the private and promoting perversity.

Celebrating by shoving the perversion resulting from their mental derangement down our throats.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 03:41:12 pm »
My initial response was, "Well, if they are doing this, they are not doing worse things."

But no. I have zero problem with people being celebrated for their achievements and contributions to society, on the contrary I rather approve of it, but .... who picks? The people or some dudette in an office somewhere?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 03:43:39 pm »
My initial response was, "Well, if they are doing this, they are not doing worse things."

But no. I have zero problem with people being celebrated for their achievements and contributions to society, on the contrary I rather approve of it, but .... who picks? The people or some dudette in an office somewhere?

Except that by definition they are not really celebrating 'achievements'. They are promoting a lifestyle.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 04:19:24 pm »
It's bad enough with the hyphenated American crap, but now we got to separate and promote people based on a lifestyle choice? These people aren't a different group just because their sexual preference and gender is deviant from the rest.
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 04:27:25 pm »
It's bad enough with the hyphenated American crap, but now we got to separate and promote people based on a lifestyle choice? These people aren't a different group just because their sexual preference and gender is deviant from the rest.

It is yet another way of fostering division by means of group identity.

If a person deserves to be publicly celebrated, it ought to be on the basis of one or more their virtues, as expressed through their words or actions.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline endicom

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 04:38:41 pm »
I have zero problem with people being celebrated for their achievements and contributions to society...

Yup. I won't be celebrated because I've done nothing extraordinary. And that's how it should be.