Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 293903 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #1450 on: December 12, 2017, 04:06:31 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1451 on: December 12, 2017, 04:07:13 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1452 on: December 12, 2017, 04:09:44 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1453 on: December 16, 2017, 06:56:39 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1454 on: December 16, 2017, 06:58:09 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1455 on: December 16, 2017, 07:03:30 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1456 on: December 16, 2017, 07:30:20 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1457 on: December 16, 2017, 07:33:50 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1458 on: December 16, 2017, 07:35:30 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1459 on: December 16, 2017, 09:40:34 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1460 on: December 16, 2017, 09:40:54 pm »
+++++++++

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1461 on: December 17, 2017, 04:23:08 pm »
Hold on to your horses, snowy owls are being seen in the US and perhaps as far south as Oklahoma.  I was by a lake one winter night, I could see it was an owl; now I think considering its shape and size, it may have been a snowy owl. I read of a rescue of a snowy owl recently, so I went to look this up.

http://newsok.com/arctic-life-arrives-in-oklahoma/article/5576130

http://www.toledoblade.com/MattMarkey/2017/12/17/Snowy-owl-invasion-a-phenomenon-of-nature.html

There are quite a number of articles on them.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1462 on: December 17, 2017, 04:45:28 pm »
Check that wing-span:

Project SNOWstorm aims to track snowy owls in Wisconsin this winter

Paul A. Smith, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 10:29 a.m. CT Dec. 16, 2017 | Updated 6:37 p.m. CT Dec. 16, 2017
(Photo: Paul A. Smith / Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

Big and beautiful, snowy owls are the definition of a charismatic wildlife species.

The birds are the heaviest owl (from 3 to 6 pounds) in North America and have 5-foot wingspans. In addition, they possess bright white plumage, often accented with dark barring, and large yellow eyes.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/outdoors/2017/12/16/project-snowstorm-aims-track-snowy-owls-wisconsin-winter/949516001/

I would ride the mountain bike a lot of places, deer run but owls and eagles often do not fly away from one until one is really close, 6 feet I'd say.

The owl in the above picture apparently has some sort of device on him. I'm sure, a lot of people would think it'd be a great job, having some sort of wildlife job, ranger, etc.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:46:42 pm by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1463 on: December 17, 2017, 06:47:32 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1464 on: December 17, 2017, 10:42:02 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1465 on: December 17, 2017, 10:42:44 pm »
Hold on to your horses, snowy owls are being seen in the US and perhaps as far south as Oklahoma.  I was by a lake one winter night, I could see it was an owl; now I think considering its shape and size, it may have been a snowy owl.

Saw one a few years ago, and it was amazing to be how big it was.
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1466 on: December 18, 2017, 03:04:19 am »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1467 on: December 18, 2017, 04:08:56 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1468 on: December 19, 2017, 03:32:49 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1469 on: December 19, 2017, 03:41:09 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1470 on: December 19, 2017, 11:21:50 pm »
My work here is done...

+++++++++

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1471 on: December 20, 2017, 12:08:57 am »
My work here is done...
I knew there was a reason not to have gotten a cat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1472 on: December 20, 2017, 01:23:44 am »
I knew there was a reason not to have gotten a cat.

We have a swarm.  There are days I come home and my baby is crying in her hands....

I just heard a crash in the other room.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1473 on: December 20, 2017, 02:41:58 am »
+++++++++

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1474 on: December 20, 2017, 02:55:27 am »
My work here is done...

My brother and SIL have 5 cats, 3 of whom are kittens acquired a few months ago.  I was on the phone with my brother the other day, and the whole time I could hear him yelling at one or the other of the kittens.  Brother and wife were putting up Christmas decorations and the kittens were getting under foot and into everything.  Finally,  my brother said "I gotta go get the vacuum." One of the kittens had knocked something over, making a mess, and my brother had to sweep it up. 

Really need to lock the kitties in a room until the decorating is done. And even after decorating is done, you have to keep an eye on them 24/7.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:18:29 pm by Applewood »