Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 288052 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #1350 on: November 14, 2017, 05:46:03 pm »
Baby pictures require no apologies, no matter how long they make the post.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1351 on: November 15, 2017, 02:20:21 am »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #1352 on: November 15, 2017, 03:06:20 am »
@Cyber Liberty
@Ghost Bear
@Freya
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

I told about our groomer, Karen, who broke both her left arm bones and dislocated her wrist in a fall.  She had to wait for two weeks until her son could borrow money for the surgery.  Bob and I gave her some money just for her for what she needed.  One thing she got was a new housecoat - she said her dog chewed up the other one.

The surgery was yesterday.  The surgeon said he had never seen an arm that bad from a fall and didn't know why her wrist wasn't broken, just pulled out of place.  Because it was so bad, it took FOUR hours to reconstruct her arm.  There is a metal plate and EIGHT SCREWS IN HER BONES.

He did a nerve block to numb the arm.  He gave her hydrocodone pills and said she had to take them, that when the nerve block went away, she was going to be in bad pain and told her she could not go to work for a week.

Karen is stubborn, in her 50s, doesn't like to take pills, but she promised the doc and me she would do what the doc said and take them.  When I talked to her, the nerve block was still working.

She doesn't know how long it will take to be able to use the arm but goes back to the doc on Dec. 1.  So, right now she is stuck in the house but at least she has a new housecoat to wear.  Keep Karen in your prayers; she is a lover of animals and treats Prissy like her own.  She is her own employer so she won't make any money until she can go back to work at the Vet's office.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1353 on: November 15, 2017, 03:00:40 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline verga

« Reply #1354 on: November 15, 2017, 03:03:28 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@Ghost Bear
@Freya
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

I told about our groomer, Karen, who broke both her left arm bones and dislocated her wrist in a fall.  She had to wait for two weeks until her son could borrow money for the surgery.  Bob and I gave her some money just for her for what she needed.  One thing she got was a new housecoat - she said her dog chewed up the other one.

The surgery was yesterday.  The surgeon said he had never seen an arm that bad from a fall and didn't know why her wrist wasn't broken, just pulled out of place.  Because it was so bad, it took FOUR hours to reconstruct her arm.  There is a metal plate and EIGHT SCREWS IN HER BONES.

He did a nerve block to numb the arm.  He gave her hydrocodone pills and said she had to take them, that when the nerve block went away, she was going to be in bad pain and told her she could not go to work for a week.

Karen is stubborn, in her 50s, doesn't like to take pills, but she promised the doc and me she would do what the doc said and take them.  When I talked to her, the nerve block was still working.

She doesn't know how long it will take to be able to use the arm but goes back to the doc on Dec. 1.  So, right now she is stuck in the house but at least she has a new housecoat to wear.  Keep Karen in your prayers; she is a lover of animals and treats Prissy like her own.  She is her own employer so she won't make any money until she can go back to work at the Vet's office.
@Victoria33 Will definitely pray for her
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1355 on: November 15, 2017, 03:07:49 pm »
Yikes, @Victoria33!  That wrist sounds like it stings!  Mrs. Liberty had to have that done a few years back (A trans-Fibular fracture) and she said it smarted more than the shoulder replacement she had done a couple months later.

Thanks God for folks like you, Vic.  We recently had a chance to "pay it forward" to a friend who's family got wiped out by Maria in FL.  You just can't sit back and do nothing when you see good people in real distress.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1356 on: November 15, 2017, 03:29:11 pm »

What an angel you are, @Victoria33 (though I already knew that!).

While maintaining strong caution about painkillers, she should be made aware that an extensive body of research shows that pain inhibits healing.  When doctors prescribe painkillers, it's not just for comfort.

Thanks for the update!
+++++++++

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1357 on: November 15, 2017, 03:57:32 pm »

While maintaining strong caution about painkillers, she should be made aware that an extensive body of research shows that pain inhibits healing.  When doctors prescribe painkillers, it's not just for comfort.

This is true.  Advice I got from my Orthopod and Physical Therapists when I got my hips replaced.  Pain will keep the body from healing itself.  A patient is not doing oneself any favors by refusing the meds.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1358 on: November 15, 2017, 03:58:29 pm »
Life with the new Jack Russell puppy...........   geez......

Got the 12 week old female over a week ago.  This dog is twice as hyper as my last one.  When I got her the breeder said she was litter box trained.  To my amazement, she pees and poops in a litter box in her crate.  Of course when the litter box is out of the crate, she may hike a leg on the side of the litter box tub....but at least she's close...lol.  Probably averaging about 75% accuracy...lol.

The first night she howled and cried, so being the soft hearted person I am...I grabbed some pillows and slept beside her crate....which seemed to do the trick. 

This has to be the most loving dog I've been around as she wants to be held and petted constantly.  My previous Jack was VERY independent and would kind of tolerate you on her terms...lol.

To burn off energy, this new Jack will run laps in the living room.  I need to start taking her to walk at the park to lower the energy level.  That ought to be an adventure.

So far so good with the new dog....sure wouldn't want to leave her alone in my house though....not sure what would be left when I returned. 

I drop the dog off at my 87 yr. old mom's house in the afternoon for her to babysit.  This has been great for my mom, to have companionship.  The dog tends to get a 2 hr rubdown. 

So far this has been a good decision.....

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1359 on: November 16, 2017, 07:21:48 pm »
@mrpotatohead That's GREAT news!

They sure make you feel young...or feel old!
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1360 on: November 16, 2017, 07:22:47 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1361 on: November 16, 2017, 07:23:01 pm »
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1362 on: November 16, 2017, 10:43:28 pm »
@austingirl

How's Harriet doing?

@Suppressed

Harriet is doing well. Thanks for asking. She insists on going for her walk. I drive her and Hank down the long gravel hilly driveway and walk her on pavement. The medication sure seems to be working.

Thank you for that long scrolling post of all the babies.

I have two baby squirrels in a tree outside my window. I'd never seen one before. These were born very late in the season and are still tiny. They are furred but their tails are not bushy yet. They were taking tiny hesitant steps up and down the tree trunk. Fun to watch. I bought them some raw peanuts in the shell.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1363 on: November 16, 2017, 10:49:24 pm »
Life with the new Jack Russell puppy...........   geez......

Got the 12 week old female over a week ago.  This dog is twice as hyper as my last one.  When I got her the breeder said she was litter box trained.  To my amazement, she pees and poops in a litter box in her crate.  Of course when the litter box is out of the crate, she may hike a leg on the side of the litter box tub....but at least she's close...lol.  Probably averaging about 75% accuracy...lol.

The first night she howled and cried, so being the soft hearted person I am...I grabbed some pillows and slept beside her crate....which seemed to do the trick. 

This has to be the most loving dog I've been around as she wants to be held and petted constantly.  My previous Jack was VERY independent and would kind of tolerate you on her terms...lol.

To burn off energy, this new Jack will run laps in the living room.  I need to start taking her to walk at the park to lower the energy level.  That ought to be an adventure.

So far so good with the new dog....sure wouldn't want to leave her alone in my house though....not sure what would be left when I returned. 

I drop the dog off at my 87 yr. old mom's house in the afternoon for her to babysit.  This has been great for my mom, to have companionship.  The dog tends to get a 2 hr rubdown. 

So far this has been a good decision.....

@mrpotatohead

Glad to hear your new pup is doing well. Puppies are a challenge.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1364 on: November 19, 2017, 07:50:30 am »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1365 on: November 21, 2017, 04:42:34 pm »
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1366 on: November 22, 2017, 02:25:57 am »
@Suppressed
Love the drunk squirrel.

My neighbor's horses are allowed out in the pasture again. Hank was so pleased to see them today. He goes right up to the fence to see them. Harriet is intimidated. She growled the first time she saw them this summer. Now I hold her when we visit them so she feels safe. She just stares quietly.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1367 on: November 23, 2017, 01:28:30 pm »
This made me giggle.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1368 on: November 23, 2017, 11:05:46 pm »
This made me giggle.

Unicorns were the world's first Democrats -- too busy partying and carrying on to act responsibly. Hear the Irish Rovers tell the story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4bc9UwZsYs

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1369 on: November 26, 2017, 10:16:04 am »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1370 on: November 28, 2017, 06:10:45 pm »
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1371 on: November 28, 2017, 10:33:21 pm »
@Suppressed

Love the little hedgehog paddling away. Ferrets in a box-very cute.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1372 on: November 28, 2017, 10:42:19 pm »
This made me giggle.

They were partying with the dinosaurs.
+++++++++

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1373 on: November 29, 2017, 10:35:57 am »
Another one which made me giggle
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1374 on: November 29, 2017, 08:59:39 pm »
Feeding time for baby red pandas...

http://i.imgur.com/ua68hSx.mp4
+++++++++