Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 293122 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #1125 on: October 21, 2017, 01:05:32 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1126 on: October 21, 2017, 01:06:40 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1127 on: October 21, 2017, 04:55:43 pm »
Axolotl demonstrating its lightning-fast reaction speed
http://i.imgur.com/LEc75cN.mp4
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:00:46 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1128 on: October 22, 2017, 01:25:10 am »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1129 on: October 22, 2017, 01:27:38 am »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1130 on: October 22, 2017, 01:29:20 am »
Doggy "saying cheese" is amazing. Hank runs from my phone whenever I try to take a picture of him.
@austingirl
http://i.imgur.com/np2xXjf.mp4
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1131 on: October 22, 2017, 02:05:42 am »
Lucy loves fast head rubs
by Cutting15
http://i.imgur.com/oXMYgbS.mp4
+++++++++

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1132 on: October 22, 2017, 02:38:46 am »
I started the process of looking for another dog today.  I can't believe how much it costs to buy a dog.  I looked at a Havanese.....$2000.   Even for another Jack Russell....close to $1000 or more. 

Guess I'll continue to look at the adoption websites.  It's amazing when you look at the local animal shelter and the majority of the animals are pitbulls. 

Geez....I'm not buying a car!...lol.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1133 on: October 22, 2017, 03:18:50 am »
@mrpotatohead

Purebreds are always costly, especially the offspring of grand champions.  You might get a purebred for less if it is classified as "pet quality" rather than "show quality."  "Pet quality" means the dog has some flaw (usually in color or physical appearance) that disqualifies the dog from being exhibited at AKC or other hoity-toity pet shows.  Nothing really wrong with the dog from a health or temperament standpoint and he or she might make a good companion.

I believe pit bulls get an undeserved bad reputation, but if you are going to adopt from a shelter that has only pit bulls, maybe you can ask if any of the dogs might be a pit bull mix.  An aquaintance just adoped a mix.   The head and face look like a pit bull, but the shelter says he is also part German Shepherd and maybe one or two terrier breeds thrown in.  The dog is sweet, gentle and loving. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1134 on: October 22, 2017, 07:10:21 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1135 on: October 22, 2017, 08:50:51 pm »
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:51:11 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1136 on: October 22, 2017, 08:52:29 pm »
I started the process of looking for another dog today.  I can't believe how much it costs to buy a dog.  I looked at a Havanese.....$2000.   Even for another Jack Russell....close to $1000 or more. 

Guess I'll continue to look at the adoption websites.  It's amazing when you look at the local animal shelter and the majority of the animals are pitbulls. 

Those prices just made me choke!  Guess I stick to pix...though I met my friends at the dog park the other day and had a blast with all the dogs having fun.

I hope you find a great match! 

+++++++++

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1137 on: October 22, 2017, 08:59:26 pm »

I don't think it's amazing, I think it's sad that the majority of the animals are of the pitbull variety, because of indiscriminate breeding and incompetent owners almost all of those pitbulls will be euthanized. It's a terrible thing, but without knowing the history of those pitbulls it is a huge risk to adopt even though Pits can be among the most loving and loyal dogs. Everyone of my animals has been adopted and up until the last dog I never knew exactly what they were other than mutts. I know there is a great attraction to purebreds  but I have been very satisfied with all of the mutts I have saved.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1138 on: October 22, 2017, 09:57:43 pm »
I like rescues quite a bit, but I'd steer clear of the pits if you don't know exactly where they came from.  Many are in the rescues because they didn't fit in with people, and the owners didn't want to have the guilt of putting them down so they went to the rescues.  Today's pits are like the German Shepherds of my youth:  Everybody back then wanted Rin Tin Tin.

Have you considered an older dog?  Many are very, very grateful to get a home, and many came from homes that had loving families who had to send their dogs to rescue for reasons out of their control.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:58:51 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1139 on: October 22, 2017, 10:39:11 pm »
Singing to comfort Bentley in the hospital
by EARTH Sanctuary  Published on Mar 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAqyPrKgiJM

Bentley is my rescued 9-month-old pot-bellied pig. On Feb 23 a seizure left him in a state of shock and he was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis,  potentially fatal.  He was given only a ten percent chance to live and yet  he survived against all odds, though the meningitis left him blind. He is still in the hospital recuperating from his most recent surgery, and once his wounds heal, we will be able to finally bring him home. Every day, Bentley teaches me to be strong and never to give up. Through all of this, he has been nothing but happy, working so hard to regain the neurological function he lost due to the brain swelling. His fight to survive and to conquer every obstacle in his path is awe-inspiring. He is so very loved, and I'm so incredibly grateful he chose me as his Mum.

To a tiny little blind pig, the hospital noises can be very scary, so on my trips to see him every day, I sing to him to comfort him and reassure him that he is loved and that everything is going to be ok. Like all pigs, Bentley is incredibly intelligent and affectionate, and responds to love just like any human child would. I miss him so much when I have to leave him there every day and I can't wait until he can finally come home.

UPDATE: Despite the insurmountable odds stacked against him, Bentley survived the meningitis and regained his eyesight. He came home from the hospital and is now a happy, healthy, perfectly normal piglet after making a complete recovery. He is loved and cherished more than anything, and we're so very grateful for all of the millions of thoughts, prayers, donations toward his medical care, and well-wishes from around the world. Who knew that a tiny little pig would touch so many hearts?
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1140 on: October 23, 2017, 07:24:10 pm »
Baby Emus and Baby Pig

http://i.imgur.com/Vmjh3ig.mp4
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1141 on: October 23, 2017, 08:06:28 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1142 on: October 23, 2017, 08:12:44 pm »
Singing to comfort Bentley in the hospital
by EARTH Sanctuary  Published on Mar 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAqyPrKgiJM

Bentley is my rescued 9-month-old pot-bellied pig. On Feb 23 a seizure left him in a state of shock and he was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis,  potentially fatal.  He was given only a ten percent chance to live and yet  he survived against all odds, though the meningitis left him blind. He is still in the hospital recuperating from his most recent surgery, and once his wounds heal, we will be able to finally bring him home. Every day, Bentley teaches me to be strong and never to give up. Through all of this, he has been nothing but happy, working so hard to regain the neurological function he lost due to the brain swelling. His fight to survive and to conquer every obstacle in his path is awe-inspiring. He is so very loved, and I'm so incredibly grateful he chose me as his Mum.

To a tiny little blind pig, the hospital noises can be very scary, so on my trips to see him every day, I sing to him to comfort him and reassure him that he is loved and that everything is going to be ok. Like all pigs, Bentley is incredibly intelligent and affectionate, and responds to love just like any human child would. I miss him so much when I have to leave him there every day and I can't wait until he can finally come home.

UPDATE: Despite the insurmountable odds stacked against him, Bentley survived the meningitis and regained his eyesight. He came home from the hospital and is now a happy, healthy, perfectly normal piglet after making a complete recovery. He is loved and cherished more than anything, and we're so very grateful for all of the millions of thoughts, prayers, donations toward his medical care, and well-wishes from around the world. Who knew that a tiny little pig would touch so many hearts?

That's a good Mum.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1143 on: October 23, 2017, 08:24:52 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1144 on: October 23, 2017, 08:25:34 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1145 on: October 23, 2017, 08:29:25 pm »
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1146 on: October 23, 2017, 11:04:16 pm »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1147 on: October 23, 2017, 11:11:36 pm »
@Suppressed

Singing to Bentley so touching. I had never seen that before and so glad to learn the happy ending.

The Corgi with his tail was hilarious!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1148 on: October 24, 2017, 02:18:41 am »
You've Got a Friend In Me - LIVE Performance by 4-year-old Claire Ryann and Dad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukD8zj6ngVY

(She comes in for the second verse.)
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1149 on: October 24, 2017, 01:32:29 pm »
+++++++++