Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 291382 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #1000 on: October 12, 2017, 04:50:47 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1001 on: October 12, 2017, 05:35:56 pm »
@austingirl
Which post?  #991?  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,230406.msg1480252.html#msg1480252

Yes, sorry, 991. It is just so cute! Just got back from the vet. Hank, my border terrier, hurt his paw. Nothing major, thank goodness. He is afraid of the office kitten who looks like part Siamese, but she has a striped tail. She jets around the office, waiting room and in and out of the treatment room. Pouncing and just silly. Very cute.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1002 on: October 12, 2017, 06:41:05 pm »
Yes, sorry, 991. It is just so cute! Just got back from the vet. Hank, my border terrier, hurt his paw. Nothing major, thank goodness. He is afraid of the office kitten who looks like part Siamese, but she has a striped tail. She jets around the office, waiting room and in and out of the treatment room. Pouncing and just silly. Very cute.
@austingirl

Aww...

That's pretty funny.   :laugh:   

I wonder whether that kitten is a Scottish Fold.  I'm not very good at such identities...I can't even keep common dog breeds straight!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1003 on: October 12, 2017, 06:42:50 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1004 on: October 12, 2017, 06:53:09 pm »
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1005 on: October 12, 2017, 11:21:24 pm »
@austingirl

Aww...

That's pretty funny.   :laugh:   

I wonder whether that kitten is a Scottish Fold.  I'm not very good at such identities...I can't even keep common dog breeds straight!

I looked at some pics of Scottish Fold kittens and I think that's correct.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1006 on: October 13, 2017, 12:29:53 pm »
I looked at some pics of Scottish Fold kittens and I think that's correct.

I think you have to buy the ear option separately...it doesn't come standard with that breed...
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1007 on: October 13, 2017, 01:14:29 pm »
Little girl is gifted a teddy bear that has a voice recording of her dad, who is deployed overseas with the US Army.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4_QswdHasE
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1008 on: October 13, 2017, 01:36:54 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1009 on: October 13, 2017, 01:39:31 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1010 on: October 13, 2017, 01:49:21 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1011 on: October 13, 2017, 02:04:12 pm »
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1012 on: October 13, 2017, 03:18:15 pm »
@Suppressed

Baby animals are the best! I saw two cottontails together in my yard this week.Then I found cottontail babies yesterday! They are fully furred with eyes open. The last nest I found did not fare well. Either the hot sun or the fire ants got the babies shortly after birth. I live in a rural area and there is plenty of habitat and I wish they would nest elsewhere. I have to patrol before I let my dogs out.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1013 on: October 13, 2017, 03:25:54 pm »
@Suppressed

Baby animals are the best! I saw two cottontails together in my yard this week.Then I found cottontail babies yesterday! They are fully furred with eyes open. The last nest I found did not fare well. Either the hot sun or the fire ants got the babies shortly after birth. I live in a rural area and there is plenty of habitat and I wish they would nest elsewhere. I have to patrol before I let my dogs out.

I know what you mean!  They sometimes settle in the worst spots!

Here's a little bunny pic I saw today...

+++++++++

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #1014 on: October 13, 2017, 03:49:44 pm »

D'aww, what a cute little stinker...  :laugh:
Let it burn.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #1015 on: October 13, 2017, 03:50:33 pm »
Here's a little bunny pic I saw today...

Judy Hopps!
Let it burn.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1016 on: October 13, 2017, 04:04:05 pm »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/bears-stalk-landfills-in-whati-inuvik-hay-river-1.2655807
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210198/Black-bear-reclines-sofa-Manitoba-rubbish-dump.html

The 2nd picture is cute but this really isn't a cute story, I lost the one I originally read the other day.... but... bears by the number, black bears mostly, are living in dumps, landfills in Canada.

This is the picture that was in an article I thought at the BBC:

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/3134039193/photo-of-the-week-a-geartbreaking-photo-of-a-bear-in-a-landfill

When I finished making the photograph, the bear turned slowly and walked down into the smoking pit, disappearing from my sight. He never came back up during the rest of my time there.

It took me a very long time to process this photograph after, and I’m still not sure how I feel about it. All I know is that it’s the only photograph I’ve ever made that has made me tear up on multiple occasions. And I’m sure still has more to teach me.

The photographer was visiting the area, saw the bears in the dump and went back a 2nd time with his camera.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1017 on: October 13, 2017, 07:45:21 pm »
New York State made Long Lake, NY (in the Adirondacks), cover its dump over and chase the bears away.  They've recently been shooting bears as "a nuisance," even though the townspeople liked having them around, and tourists would actually go to the dump to see them.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:57:29 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1018 on: October 13, 2017, 07:56:33 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1019 on: October 13, 2017, 07:59:38 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1020 on: October 13, 2017, 08:15:34 pm »
+++++++++

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1021 on: October 13, 2017, 11:09:58 pm »
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:10:21 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1022 on: October 13, 2017, 11:29:56 pm »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1023 on: October 13, 2017, 11:52:35 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:55:38 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++