Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 291238 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #2375 on: July 11, 2018, 02:09:32 am »
So sorry @austingirl   Prayers up for Harriet's recovery.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2376 on: July 11, 2018, 02:10:39 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2377 on: July 11, 2018, 02:44:30 am »

Harriet is in the hospital tonight, getting IV fluids. I've had her only a year. She's always had an odd health issue- every five days her tummy would gurgle and she's refuse to eat in the morning. It happened almost like clockwork, but she always bounced and felt better and ate in the evening. This weekend she vomited and didn't bounce.

I took her in yesterday for bloodwork and she got three injections, ABX, antinauseal, and pain med. She had a quiet night. This morning she took some water and I gave her three tiny pieces of Purina OM dry food. She threw it up so I took her in and I'm missing her like crazy. Very hard to accept she won't be here tonight. She is scheduled for a sonogram in the morning.

Hank seems to be missing her, too.

Sorry to hear your little one is doing poorly, I hope she is quickly back home with you and the issue is resolved.

Offline verga

« Reply #2378 on: July 11, 2018, 10:00:52 am »
@austingirl   Hope she better soon
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2379 on: July 11, 2018, 02:01:04 pm »
Thanks to @Sanguine @verga @Suppressed @GtHawk @ Applewood for your kind thoughts.

Harriet had a good night. I'm getting ready to go to the vet, the sonogram people are on the way.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #2380 on: July 11, 2018, 03:54:15 pm »
Thanks to @Sanguine @verga @Suppressed @GtHawk @ Applewood for your kind thoughts.

Harriet had a good night. I'm getting ready to go to the vet, the sonogram people are on the way.

The sonogram was CLEAR. Wonderful news. The bad news is we have no diagnosis. Harriet is staying another day and they will start water and feeding under controlled conditions. Of course I wanted to bring her home, but this is the best for her. I took Hank for moral support. I was even  mature enough to leave without seeing her because she'd be so upset when I left again. She should be home tomorrow.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2381 on: July 11, 2018, 04:07:57 pm »
The sonogram was CLEAR. Wonderful news. The bad news is we have no diagnosis. Harriet is staying another day and they will start water and feeding under controlled conditions. Of course I wanted to bring her home, but this is the best for her. I took Hank for moral support. I was even  mature enough to leave without seeing her because she'd be so upset when I left again. She should be home tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.  Good for you, doing what's best for her!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2382 on: July 11, 2018, 04:08:42 pm »

@Freya Sorry I missed this yesterday.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2383 on: July 11, 2018, 06:06:07 pm »
That's great, @austingirl.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2384 on: July 11, 2018, 07:32:03 pm »
Girl visits shelter and gets adopted...

http://i.imgur.com/VMEFPRm_lq.mp4
+++++++++

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2385 on: July 11, 2018, 07:35:45 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2386 on: July 12, 2018, 12:52:43 am »
 @austingirl   Is the vet going to run more tests? 

Anyway, I pray Harriet recovers swiftly  so she can be reunited with you and Hank. 

Offline austingirl

« Reply #2387 on: July 12, 2018, 12:58:56 am »
@austingirl   Is the vet going to run more tests? 

Anyway, I pray Harriet recovers swiftly  so she can be reunited with you and Hank.

@Applewood
Not at this time. I'm starting to think it was the Bravecto three month flea pill she got last week that caused the vomiting because there isn't another explanation. She didn't vomit during her earlier episodes of "bad tummy." Her diet will be very strict and I am hoping for the best.

She kept food and water down at the vet today and I'll bring her home tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone for your support.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:59:39 am by austingirl »

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

« Reply #2388 on: July 12, 2018, 03:22:52 am »
I want a kitten

@Hopalong Ginsberg

From your mouth to Ceiling Cat’s ears.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2389 on: July 12, 2018, 03:16:13 pm »
@Applewood
Not at this time. I'm starting to think it was the Bravecto three month flea pill she got last week that caused the vomiting because there isn't another explanation. She didn't vomit during her earlier episodes of "bad tummy." Her diet will be very strict and I am hoping for the best.

I bet getting home will lift her spirits and recovery.  I hope so!
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2390 on: July 12, 2018, 03:16:53 pm »
Making a slush puppy.  Stay cool, everyone!

http://i.imgur.com/rAqftCY.mp4
+++++++++

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2391 on: July 12, 2018, 03:33:56 pm »
From your mouth to Ceiling Cat’s ears.

It will never happen. I can’t stand it anymore
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2392 on: July 12, 2018, 03:42:10 pm »
@Applewood

By the time you read this, I hope Harriet will be home and feeling much better.  I'm sure Hank will be happy to see her. 

I will continue my prayers for Harriet's recovery.  Do keep us posted on her condition.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #2393 on: July 12, 2018, 03:55:22 pm »
@Sanguine @Suppressed @Applewood

Harriet is home with a pretty pink bandage on her IV site. She was subdued when I went to get her out of the cage. She didn't rush out as I thought she would. Maybe she couldn't believe her eyes. Hank walked right the cage and nuzzled her. Once she realized we were at the house, her tail started wagging and she knew she was home. Right now she is resting quietly next to me on the couch.

The vet thinks it's quite possible that it was Bravecto. She is on a special diet for three days and I'll be careful adding back foods as instructed. Her periodic tummy gurgles and this episode may be unrelated. I hate not knowing the cause but I'm so relieved and happy to have her home.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2394 on: July 12, 2018, 07:33:27 pm »
@Sanguine @Suppressed @Applewood

Harriet is home with a pretty pink bandage on her IV site. She was subdued when I went to get her out of the cage. She didn't rush out as I thought she would. Maybe she couldn't believe her eyes. Hank walked right the cage and nuzzled her. Once she realized we were at the house, her tail started wagging and she knew she was home. Right now she is resting quietly next to me on the couch.

The vet thinks it's quite possible that it was Bravecto. She is on a special diet for three days and I'll be careful adding back foods as instructed. Her periodic tummy gurgles and this episode may be unrelated. I hate not knowing the cause but I'm so relieved and happy to have her home.

So glad Harriet is home.  I looked up Bravecto and it does list nausea/vomiting as a side effect, but then again, so do most other meds -- for humans too as well as pets.    Sure hope  a switch in meds, plus diet and such will help. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2395 on: July 12, 2018, 09:11:16 pm »
"I'm not interested in whatever you're selling"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlGD0BIHhy5/
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2396 on: July 12, 2018, 09:12:59 pm »

Thanks for keeping us updated!  I'm glad she's home.
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2397 on: July 12, 2018, 09:17:52 pm »
From ferocious to asleep in 3 seconds

+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2398 on: July 15, 2018, 09:33:51 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2399 on: July 15, 2018, 10:52:34 pm »
+++++++++