Author Topic: Pro-Trump super PAC chair admits his candidate probably won’t win  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/10/18/pro-trump-super-pac-chair-admits-his-candidate-probably-wont-win/

The head of a pro-Donald Trump super PAC says that, at this point, it would take a “miracle” for Trump to win the election.

Speaking to conservative talk radio host Laura Ingraham on Tuesday, Great America PAC chairman Ed Rollins was asked whether the Republican Party has “learned anything” from the anti-establishment Trump movement.

"I don’t think so,” Rollins responded. “I think if somehow Trump pulls a miracle comeback here, which would take a miracle at this point, then obviously it’s his party, he can do what he wants with it. If not, I think we begin from ground zero and with lots of different factions and lots of different candidates.”

Rollins told the host that he expects a number of the Republican candidates who ran for president in 2016 to run in 2020: “I assume that four years from now we’ll have 10 candidates again,” but, he added, someone eventually has to reunite the different factions of a very divided Republican Party like Ronald Reagan did in the 1980s.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Pro-Trump super PAC chair admits his candidate probably won’t win
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 04:45:00 am »
Canary in the coalmine just died.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 04:48:43 am »
They are still pretending that Trump is anti-establishment....  :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 04:54:54 am »
They are still pretending that Trump is anti-establishment....  :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

It don't get more establishment than Ed Rollins. He has been a mainstay of GOP politics for almost 50 years.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 04:08:12 am »
Surprised that not one Trumpette tried to dispel one of their owns prediction.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 04:11:35 am »
I thought he said he didn't need SuperPAC's...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 04:17:46 am »
I thought he said he didn't need SuperPAC's...

You're right. He said SuperPACs were for losers. He was going to have a SpectacularPAC and it would be yuuuge.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 08:01:47 am »
I have a terrible feeling that any GOPer would have lost against Hillary though, this year. Oh sure, Cruz or Kasich or Rubio might have done a few points better.

Online DB

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 08:20:44 am »
I have a terrible feeling that any GOPer would have lost against Hillary though, this year. Oh sure, Cruz or Kasich or Rubio might have done a few points better.

I strongly disagree. It didn't have to be this way. Trump has had huge negatives throughout the entire primary/election process. He had 40+ years of serious baggage, baggage like no other candidate ever on the Republican side. That anyone with a brain knew would be unload by the media after he was nominated. No one has ever split the party into pieces like Trump has, not even close. And despite all that supposedly it remains close. Anyone on our side without all the baggage and with an uplifting message would have crushed Hillary.

It was a rare opportunity wasted that will bring dire consequences.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:24:00 am by DB »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 08:22:22 am »

In theory, a 40 year old erudite female might. Someone with no baggage, squeaky clean who could really relate to 18-45 year olds.

Just my opinion.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

geronl

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 08:34:42 am »

She is the most beatable candidate ever.... well, second most beatable candidate ever

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 08:45:39 am »

Watching the debates, I often thought, "if only..." Many of the GOP candidates would have eviscerated Hillary.  She left herself wide open for someone with facts.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 08:59:05 am »
Watching the debates, I often thought, "if only..." Many of the GOP candidates would have eviscerated Hillary.  She left herself wide open for someone with facts.

Obama has a 55% approval rating. That's tough to run against.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 11:18:12 am »
She is the most beatable candidate ever.... well, second most beatable candidate ever

Exactly and Trump threw the election to her. His supporters were 'played' very well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 12:46:08 pm »
I strongly disagree. It didn't have to be this way. Trump has had huge negatives throughout the entire primary/election process. He had 40+ years of serious baggage, baggage like no other candidate ever on the Republican side. That anyone with a brain knew would be unload by the media after he was nominated. No one has ever split the party into pieces like Trump has, not even close. And despite all that supposedly it remains close. Anyone on our side without all the baggage and with an uplifting message would have crushed Hillary.

It was a rare opportunity wasted that will bring dire consequences.

Agreed.  This year was our best shot -  two terms of a Democrat presiding over a rotten economy and soured race relations,  and a  Democrat nominee who makes Nixon look honest.

At this point,  I hope Trump loses in a landslide so bad his supporters crawl back under their rocks.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 09:24:21 pm »
I watched Ed Rollins, he pretty much says that Trump shoots himself in the foot too much, I get the different analysts confused but anyone on NewsMax's mailing list may have gotten an email from him today.

Ed Rollins: Trump in 'Fight of Our Lives,' Hillary Can Be Stopped

Dear Newsmax Reader:
Please take a moment to read the special message from our advertising sponsor, Ed Rollins and Great America PAC. Our sponsors help us keep our news service free, though we do not necessarily endorse this message.

Newsmax.com

And then, your typical email request for money.