Author Topic: Saudi prince executed for murder - Agence France-Presse  (Read 1272 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Saudi prince executed for murder - Agence France-Presse
« on: October 19, 2016, 02:30:18 am »
This picture made me want to post the story though the picture is from April apparently. The accused in some pictures to me, looks a bit evil.

Saudi prince executed for murder
Agence France-Presse / 08:03 AM October 19, 2016

Protestors stage a mock beheading in front of the White House on April 20, 2016, to bring attention to the plight of three Saudi Arabian youths, Ali al-Nimr, Dawood al-Marhoon, and Abdullah al-Saher, all sentenced to death for participating in nonviolent protests against the Saudi regime. On Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2016, Saudi Arabia executed a member of the royal family for murder, in a rare case involving one of the thousands of members of the House of Saud. AFP FILE
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — Saudi Arabia on Tuesday executed a member of the royal family for murder, in a rare case involving one of the thousands of members of the House of Saud.

Prince Turki bin Saud al-Kabir was put to death in the capital Riyadh for shooting dead Adel al-Mahemid, a Saudi, during a brawl, the interior ministry said in a statement.

Kabir was the 134th local or foreigner put to death this year, according to an AFP tally of ministry statements.

The Arab News reported in November 2014 that a court in Riyadh sentenced an unnamed prince to death for killing his friend.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/826763/saudi-prince-executed-for-murder#ixzz4NUhouobj
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

geronl

Re: Saudi prince executed for murder - Agence France-Presse
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 04:21:49 am »
I wonder if he was in the top 1,000 in line for the throne