Author Topic: Smithsonian on Why Clarence Thomas is Not in New African American Museum: ‘We Cannot Tell Every Story’  (Read 743 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Smithsonian on Why Clarence Thomas is Not in New African American Museum: ‘We Cannot Tell Every Story’
By Penny Starr | October 18, 2016 | 10:16 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) – The new Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of African American History and Culture’s tagline is “powerful moments in African American history, culture, and community.” However, the museum – with a $540 million price tag funded 50 percent by U.S. taxpayers and with a collection of more than 36,000 artifacts and 100,000 people represented – doesn’t include many prominent blacks, including Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and Edward Brooke, a Republican who became the first African American to be elected to the U.S. Senate by popular vote in 1966.

After touring the new museum and exploring the website, which contains information on all the exhibitions in it, CNSNews.com asked the Smithsonian why Thomas, Brooke and eight other prominent men and women are not included in the museum.

more
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/smithsonian-wont-explain-why-prominent-conservative-african-americans-not
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Translation: Uncle Toms don't count.

Offline Applewood

I'll bet they have AL Sharpton and/or Jesse Jackson in there.   

Offline andy58-in-nh

Conservative Black Lives Matter.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
I was told by someone smarter than me that most of the time when someone says, "I (we) can't", what they really mean is, "I (we) WON'T".

It sort of depends on their perception of the down side of making the statement.

It was said that the two words one never heard spoken in the Duma under Stalin were the words, "I can't", since that phrase was equivalent to a declaration of a desire to stop breathing.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 08:34:10 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline huldah1776

• Manasseh or Josiah
They have eugenicist Sanger in there, too, and on the web, but don't mention she was a eugenicist. Smithsonian needs to be cleaned out or dismantled.
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing