Author Topic: Tweedledum and Tweedledee Assure Diane Rehm that Illegal Immigration Is Not a Problem for American Workers  (Read 643 times)

rangerrebew

Tweedledum and Tweedledee Assure Diane Rehm that Illegal Immigration Is Not a Problem for American Workers

By Jerry Kammer, October 13, 2016

The Diane Rehm Show, a public-affairs program carried by many public radio stations around the country, has a deserved reputation for sophistication and fair-mindedness in presenting competing points of view. But Wednesday's program, where Rehm and her guests discussed the roots of political alienation in the American working class, badly missed that mark.

Instead of an informed and lively discussion of an issue that is reverberating across the electoral landscape, the program gave a forum to an immigration-policy version of Tweedledum and Tweedledee. They were conservative economist Douglas Holtz-Eakin of the American Action Forum and liberal columnist David Leonhardt of the New York Times.

Together they illustrated one half of the strange-bedfellows phenomenon of the immigration debate. The other half comprises conservatives and liberals who are alarmed about mass immigration, particularly the illegal immigration of unskilled workers who have entered the U.S. labor market by the millions.

http://cis.org/kammer/tweedledum-and-tweedledee-assure-diane-rehm-illegal-immigration-not-problem-american-workers
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:40:56 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

And madam Clinton is the most honest person ever to run for POTUS. :whistle:

geronl

Or you can do what Trump does and import all your workers "legally"

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The Diane Rehm Show, a public-affairs program carried by many public radio stations around the country, has a deserved reputation for sophistication and fair-mindedness...

I listen to this show fairly frequently because it comes on during my daily commute.  It is fairly sophisticated, but fair-minded?  No way.  I like Diane Rehm because I find what she has to say provocative, but she is extremely slanted to the left, and so is her show.