Author Topic: Two previously unknown 'cavities' found in Giza's Great Pyramid  (Read 3015 times)

rangerrebew

Two previously unknown 'cavities' found in Giza's Great Pyramid
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:45:48 am »
Two previously unknown 'cavities' found in Giza's Great Pyramid

Non-invasive scanning technologies have revealed that the Great Pyramid still has significant secrets, 4,500 years after it was built.
Sci-Tech
October 17, 201610:00 PM PDT

Michelle Starr mugshot
    by Michelle Starr
    @riding_red

gettyimages-630807359.jpg

The Pyramids of Khafre or Chephren and Cheops, Giza Necropolis, Egypt.
De Agostini/Getty Images

The potential secret chamber in Tutankhamun's tomb may have been ruled a bust, but it looks like there are still secrets in the burial chambers of the pharaohs. The Great Pyramid of Giza, the oldest and largest of the three Giza pyramids -- and, at 4,500 years old the oldest of the world's Seven Wonders -- still has some hidden chambers, new data reveals.

For 12 months, the ScanPyramids project, under the authority of the Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities, has been using a range of cutting edge scanning technologies to search for hidden chambers -- and now it's found two, it has reported. Using infrared thermography, muon radiography and 3D reconstruction, the team located the cavities on the north face and northeastern edge.

https://www.cnet.com/news/two-previously-unknown-cavities-found-in-gizas-great-pyramid/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:46:41 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Intriguing anomaly found inside the Great Pyramid at Giza
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 05:17:49 pm »
Intriguing anomaly found inside the Great Pyramid at Giza
Using muography, scientists find evidence of a possible hidden chamber
ANNALEE NEWITZ - 10/18/2016, 2:20 PM

It could be the ultimate archaeological discovery: a previously unknown chamber lurking beneath the stones of the Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt. Now, a team using a cutting edge imaging technique called muography has picked up signals indicating a hidden corridor behind the famous chevron blocks on the pyramid's north face.

Muography can detect voids or empty spaces inside thick layers of earth or stone, and it is often used to plumb the depths of volcanoes....
http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/10/intriguing-anomaly-found-inside-great-pyramid-at-giza/
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
Re: Intriguing anomaly found inside the Great Pyramid at Giza
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:19:41 pm »
The ScanningPyramids project had already found a void at ground level using thermal scanning, about a year ago.  This new find corresponds to one predicted by Jean-Pierre Houdin.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,230234.0.html
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
Re: Two previously unknown 'cavities' found in Giza's Great Pyramid
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 08:20:57 pm »
The ScanningPyramids project had already found a void at ground level using thermal scanning, about a year ago.  This new find corresponds to one predicted by Jean-Pierre Houdin.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,230660.0.html
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 09:07:53 pm »
I can receive, but not send FReepmai, can't edit my Profile page, and any posts I make have to be reviewed.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,230660.0.html

Yup, me too, and that's why I'm here.  A couple of kind Freepers pointed me to this site, and I've found that I recognize several people here.  888high58888
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 09:13:56 pm »
I would think these might be remnants of the construction process but who knows, will be interesting to find out..

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 01:37:41 am »
Well, maybe we'll find out what's in them when muslim nutjobs decide that the Pyramids are pagan symbols and must be leveled. You know, like these things...

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 01:56:24 am »
Well, maybe we'll find out what's in them when muslim nutjobs decide that the Pyramids are pagan symbols and must be leveled.

I'd pay good money to watch them try to blow up the pyramids.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 01:50:45 am »
Every once in a while some koranimoron calls for the Pyramids to be destroyed.  They seem to have no idea that it has been tried before, and along with one of the caliph's having a tunnel chipped into Khufu, actually mark the treasure hunting that has gone on.
Well, maybe we'll find out what's in them when muslim nutjobs decide that the Pyramids are pagan symbols and must be leveled....
I'd pay good money to watch them try to blow up the pyramids.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 01:55:19 am »
Very little has been said about Bob Brier's brief exploration of the "notch" chamber, which is located about halfway up the Great Pyramid, and corresponds to Jean-Pierre Houdin's hypothesized spiral internal ramp.
Update: Return to the Great Pyramid | Bob Brier | July/August 2009

I would think these might be remnants of the construction process but who knows, will be interesting to find out.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 01:56:22 am »
Welcome.
Yup, me too, and that's why I'm here.  A couple of kind Freepers pointed me to this site, and I've found that I recognize several people here.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Intriguing anomaly found inside the Great Pyramid at Giza
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 03:56:22 pm »

No grain storage?  :laugh:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour