Author Topic: America's Tax System Ranks Outside Top 30 In Global Competitiveness Report  (Read 1221 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
cnsnews
By Daniel Mitchell | October 17, 2016

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/daniel-mitchell/americas-tax-system-ranks-outside-top-30-global-competitiveness-report

And the Dems can't stop squawking about Making The Rich and Corporations Pay Their Fair Share.

It's no wonder we're $20 Trillion in debt with 95 Million out of work here,

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"the oppression arising from taxation, is not from the amount but, from the mode -- a thorough acquaintance with the condition of the people, is necessary to a just distribution of taxes. The whole wisdom of the science of Government, with respect to taxation, consists in selecting the mode of collection which will best accommodate to the convenience of the people."

Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratifying Convention June 12, 1788

“The greatest tool Communism has in our toolbox is the progressive income tax.”

Karl Marx
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

No politician ever will win election if he or she promised government goodies by borrowing and passing the bill down to the next generation

But by telling voters their rich neighbor will pay, that sells.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online dfwgator

No politician ever will win election if he or she promised government goodies by borrowing and passing the bill down to the next generation

But by telling voters their rich neighbor will pay, that sells.

"Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that guy behind the tree."

Offline SirLinksALot

If you look at how the U.S. ranks in the various categories, we have uniformly poor numbers for everything other than “Consumption Taxes.” So let’s be very thankful that the United States doesn’t have a value-added tax (VAT). If we did, even France would probably beat us in the rankings (I hope Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are paying attention to this point).

And if you wonder why some nations with higher top tax rates rank above the U.S. in the “Individual Taxes” category, keep in mind that there are lots of variables for each category. And the U.S. does poorly in many of them, such as the extent to which there is double taxation of dividends and capital gains.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:12:24 am by SirLinksALot »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If you look at how the U.S. ranks in the various categories, we have uniformly poor numbers for everything other than “Consumption Taxes.” So let’s be very thankful that the United States doesn’t have a value-added tax (VAT). If we did, even France would probably beat us in the rankings (I hope Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are paying attention to this point).

Not wishing to pour cold water on anything but the United States DOES have a a functional VAT although we don't call it that!  The corporate income tax is functionally a subtraction method VAT in everything but name.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
1953-1962 Corvette: Retail list prices

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_(C1)

Year   Production   Base Price   Notes
1953   300   $3,498   First year production starts on June 30; polo white with red interior and black top is only color combination; Options standard until 1955 for the car were interior door handles; "clip in" side curtains were a substitute for roll-up windows
1954   3,640   $2,774   Production moves to St. Louis; blue, red, and black are added; beige top, longer exhaust pipes
1955   700   $2,774   Both straight-6 and 265ci V8 engines produced; 3-speed manual transmission added late in the model year
1956   3,467   $3,120   New body with roll-up windows; V8-only; 3-speed manual transmission becomes standard equipment and Powerglide moved to option list
1957   6,339   $3,176   283ci V8; Optional 4-speed manual and fuel injection added
1958   9,168   $3,591   Quad-headlight body and new interior. Fake-louvers on hood and chrome strips on trunk lid. Number of teeth in grille reduced from thirteen to nine.
1959   9,670   $3,875   First black interior and dash storage bin; only year with a turquoise top. Louvres and chrome strips from '58 removed.
1960   10,261   $3,872   Very minor changes to the interior: red and blue bars on the dash logo, vertical stitching on seats
1961   10,939   $3,934   New rear styling, bumpers, and round taillights. New fine-mesh grill.
1962   14,531   $4,038   327ci V8 engine; last year with a trunk until 1998 and last year with exposed head lights until 2005. New black grill with chrome surround, chrome rocker panel moldings.

2017 Corvette Retail Prices

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-sports-cars.html

starting MSRP

$55,460

This, in part, is what comes of making Corporations "Pay Their Fair Share"

Why is it so difficult for the economic illiterates to understand that Corporations do not pay taxes/

Government edicts affect every player/manufacturer on the board.

And they Pass Through those taxes to the consumer.

If they didn't, they'd have to close up shop and go out of business as their investors pulled out to invest Elsewhere.

from $3,000 to $55,000 in 63 years.

Which also means an almost 20 fold Decrease in the buying power of whatever money the working stiff broke their back to earn and save through inflation/currency devaluation.

The Corporate income tax is a consumption tax.

Want jobs back in the USA? Repeal it. All of it.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:14:15 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
1953-1962 Corvette: Retail list prices

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_(C1)

Year   Production   Base Price   Notes
1953   300   $3,498   First year production starts on June 30; polo white with red interior and black top is only color combination; Options standard until 1955 for the car were interior door handles; "clip in" side curtains were a substitute for roll-up windows
1954   3,640   $2,774   Production moves to St. Louis; blue, red, and black are added; beige top, longer exhaust pipes
1955   700   $2,774   Both straight-6 and 265ci V8 engines produced; 3-speed manual transmission added late in the model year
1956   3,467   $3,120   New body with roll-up windows; V8-only; 3-speed manual transmission becomes standard equipment and Powerglide moved to option list
1957   6,339   $3,176   283ci V8; Optional 4-speed manual and fuel injection added
1958   9,168   $3,591   Quad-headlight body and new interior. Fake-louvers on hood and chrome strips on trunk lid. Number of teeth in grille reduced from thirteen to nine.
1959   9,670   $3,875   First black interior and dash storage bin; only year with a turquoise top. Louvres and chrome strips from '58 removed.
1960   10,261   $3,872   Very minor changes to the interior: red and blue bars on the dash logo, vertical stitching on seats
1961   10,939   $3,934   New rear styling, bumpers, and round taillights. New fine-mesh grill.
1962   14,531   $4,038   327ci V8 engine; last year with a trunk until 1998 and last year with exposed head lights until 2005. New black grill with chrome surround, chrome rocker panel moldings.

2017 Corvette Retail Prices

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-sports-cars.html

starting MSRP

$55,460

This, in part, is what comes of making Corporations "Pay Their Fair Share"

Why is it so difficult for the economic illiterates to understand that Corporations do not pay taxes/

Government edicts affect every player/manufacturer on the board.

And they Pass Through those taxes to the consumer.

If they didn't, they'd have to close up shop and go out of business as their investors pulled out to invest Elsewhere.

from $3,000 to $55,000 in 63 years.

Which also means an almost 20 fold Decrease in the buying power of whatever money the working stiff broke their back to earn and save through inflation/currency devaluation.

The Corporate income tax is a consumption tax.

Want jobs back in the USA? Repeal it. All of it.

How about we just get rid of the entire Marxist income tax code and be done with it!

http://fairtax.org

- J. R. R. Tolkien