Author Topic: Testimony to Senator Jeff Sessions on FY2017 Obama plan for refugee resettlement  (Read 454 times)

rangerrebew

Testimony to Senator Jeff Sessions on FY2017 Obama plan for refugee resettlement

Posted by Ann Corcoran on October 17, 2016

Editor: This is another excellent testimony submitted for the record on Senator Sessions’ hearing (Judiciary Committee Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest) we reported here.

We posted another testimony from a concerned citizen, here, on October 9th.  I know it is much more interesting to read about some hot news on refugee and immigration issues generally, but I encourage you to take the time to read expert testimony like this (below) so that you have a deeper understanding of how the UN/US Refugee Admissions Program works.
jeff-sessions-serious

Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) is a top advisor to the Donald Trump Presidential campaign. If you vote for Trump, you can be assured that Sessions sanity on immigration will be a significant force in a Trump Administration.

You cannot effectively seek to ‘reform’ this program if you have only a cursory understanding of how it works.

As over-used as the phrase is, it is still imperative to understand that ‘knowledge is power’ (which has been a driving motivation for my 9 years of writing this blog).

Joanne from Tennessee responded to my request that some of you send in testimony, here.

If you sent testimony and want me to have a look at it (with the possibility of posting it here at RRW), please send it to refugeewatcher@gmail.com with a prominent subject line using the word ‘testimony.’ I apologize if you have done it already and I’ve missed it.  Please send it again.

Here is Joanne’s testimony:

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/testimony-to-senator-jeff-sessions-on-fy2017-obama-plan-for-refugee-resettlement/
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:41:02 am by rangerrebew »