Author Topic: Cheerleaders' protest alters homecoming football game for Pennsylvania high school  (Read 543 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Outrage over Pennsylvania high school cheerleaders’ decisions to protest the National Anthem during a visit from military veterans forced the school to alter its homecoming game plans.

Cornell School District Superintendent Aaron Thomas told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Thursday that Friday night’s game against Shenango would be played in the afternoon and only be attended by players’ parents.

The local Veterans and Foreign Wars post provided a color guard at a Sept. 30 game. An online video of the cheerleaders’ protest at the game sparked outrage and fears of protests at Friday’s game.

[excerpted]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/14/cheerleaders-protest-alters-homecoming-football-game-for-pennsylvania-high-school.html

The twits did this with veterans and a VFW color guard present...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline dfwgator

I weep for the future.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Where's the video?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I always knew cheerleaders were no good...  :tongue2:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
I weep for the future.

When you complain about the kids today, just remember who raised them.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Wingnut

Cornell School District Superintendent Aaron Thomas is a dumbass.  He should be fired.

Offline goatprairie

As despicable as I believe these actions from these immature little twits are, if the school allows it then it's even more despicable.
These morons have the right to protest in certain situations. This is not one of them.
And for sure liberals will make a big deal about the right to freedom of speech and all that. And they are right as far as it goes.
But what liberals can't stand is anybody reacting negatively to these jerks and jerkettes like they did to Kaepernick in Buffalo today. Libs are supposed to be able to do their protest thing, and everybody is supposed to lie back and applaud or keep silent.
But if you use your freedom of speech to protest things they don't like, then you are a "bigot" and a "hater" and something should be done to you.