Author Topic: What the hell is WRONG with being friends with Russia?  (Read 15498 times)

Offline mirraflake

Re: What the hell is WRONG with being friends with Russia?
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2016, 07:13:41 pm »
A lot of people get caught up in the praise he gave to Stalin.  But, Russians don't view Stalin as a Communist, they think of him more in terms of Stalin's hero, Ivan the Terrible.   A ruthless leader who nonetheless repelled the invader and made Russia a great power.

Many people in Germany  are starting to look at Hitler the same way. Not the Holocaust of course but his rebuilding the military, making Germany  a world power, making it a economic powerhouse, building national pride etc.

A film was made a few years back(He Is Back)  in Germany about Hitler waking up from a coma, and coming back into power. The book was also a best seller.

The guy who played Hitler said he was amazed at the number of people who came up to him while he was in garb and said they wished Hitler was back in power...people from all walks of life, economic status  and ages. Germans took selfies with him and praised him

@dfwgator
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:14:38 pm by mirraflake »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2016, 07:15:19 pm »
The Communists hijacked the term "Liberal".  But you knew that.

@dfwgator

And that means WE are going to allow them to continue to get away with it,and poison even more young minds with the idea that a collective dictatorship is what the Founding Fathers of this country went to war with England to achieve?

Words mean things.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2016, 07:16:46 pm »
Many people in Germany  are starting to look at Hitler the same way. Not the Holocaust of course but his rebuilding the military, making Germany  a world power, making it a economic powerhouse, building national pride etc.

A film was made a few years back(He Is Back)  in Germany about Hitler waking up from a coma, and coming back into power. The book was also a best seller.

The guy who played Hitler said he was amazed at the number of people who came up to him while he was in garb and said they wished Hitler was back in power...people from all walks of life, economic status  and ages. Germans took selfies with him and praised him

@dfwgator

I would like to remind the Germans that Hitler was a big fan of Islam.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2016, 07:18:42 pm »
Russia in the 1990's is far different than Putin's Russia today. They are our enemy and Putin wants to reestablish them as a world power as do the Russian people. There may be a few areas of interest but frankly I can't see very few as their primary goal in international affairs is to hinder US interests and advance their own.

They're our rival, certainly, and that could easily escalate into outright enmity.  The best comparison I can think of, is the international balance of power as it stood in the late 1800s. 

But it's not really a new Cold War, yet.

Unfortunately, the conditions are certainly there for a new Cold (hopefully) War to take place, as Russia moves into the many areas where Obama has squandered our influence, or has failed to recognize the nature of what's at stake in places like Syria.  An idiot (i.e., Obama, Clinton, or Trump) could easily escalate a tense situation.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2016, 07:21:38 pm »
I would like to remind the Germans that Hitler was a big fan of Islam.

He was fan on how it controlled the people-not the religious aspect. Yeah he just used them..would never let them in power. He thought the Arabs were subhuman

German citizens shaking actor Hitler's hand and begging for him to come back.. in He is  Back.

Never would have happened 20 years ago..German people are no longer embarrassed of Hitler.

@dfwgator
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:23:38 pm by mirraflake »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2016, 07:21:45 pm »
And as I said earlier, Russians still like Reagan, and respect him.   

I think Reagan had he been allowed to stay in office would have figured out a way to bring Russia closer to the West.     Bush blew it.

@dfwgator

Bush didn't "blow it". He did exactly what his masters wanted done,and why not,since he believes in Corporate Fascism as the idea model for a World Government. In fact,I have been predicting for several years now that when it happens,the world will be divided into economic zones governed locally by appointed boards,and the world government would be known as "World Wide Government,Inc",and that it would be ran by a corporate board of international bankers.

Don't forget,Poppy was the evil bastard that sent his uncles to China to open the US/Chinese Chamber of Commerce so that Hillary Clinton,sitting on the board at Wal-Mart,could start importing cheap Chinese crap into the US. He was also responsible for setting up the deals to sell US military and private technology to the Chinese.

Also,don't forget that it was Boy Jorge who shut down all the investigations into Clinton/China corruption the first week he sat in the WH. He had to do it because he knew it would lead back to his own family,and they had already taken a hit during WW-2 for laundering Nazi money.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2016, 07:23:35 pm »
@dfwgator

Bush didn't "blow it". He did exactly what his masters wanted done,and why not,since he believes in Corporate Fascism as the idea model for a World Government. In fact,I have been predicting for several years now that when it happens,the world will be divided into economic zones governed locally by appointed boards,and the world government would be known as "World Wide Government,Inc",and that it would be ran by a corporate board of international bankers.

"And now....our Corporate Anthem."  - Rollerball

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2016, 07:26:16 pm »
He was fan on how it controlled the people-not the religious aspect. Yeah he just used them..would never let them in power. He thought the Arabs were subhuman

German citizens shaking actor Hitler's hand and begging for him to come back.. in He is  Back.

Never would have happened 20 years ago..German people are no longer embarrassed of Hitler.

@dfwgator

Hitler thought Christianity was too soft of a religion for soldiers, and that Islam rewarded the soldier.  And it's true that he thought Arabs were subhuman,  he suggests that had the Muslims won at Tours, and took over Europe, the Germans, because of their genetic superiority would become the standard-bearers of Islam and conquer the world.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2016, 07:27:27 pm »
"And now....our Corporate Anthem."  - Rollerball

Might as well use it. It's appropriate and saves working up a new one.

geronl

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2016, 07:32:36 pm »
The Russian leaders absolutely hate the US and want to marginalize us

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2016, 07:33:19 pm »

Nah, they just want to get rich.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2016, 07:37:17 pm »

Hate is fine, so long as they also understand that we're willing and able to stand up to them.  What's worse, is that Obama has taught them to hold us in contempt: they've allowed the Russians to marginalize us without penalty.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2016, 07:45:17 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

So,you hate people like Thomas Jefferson?

Liberals will overrun this country with 3rd worlders from within. Russians do not have that power.

geronl

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2016, 08:03:33 pm »

Liberals will overrun this country with 3rd worlders from within. Russians do not have that power.

Russia pretty much is a 3rd world country already

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2016, 08:06:30 pm »

SMH  Hardly

@geronl
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:08:20 pm by mirraflake »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2016, 08:07:07 pm »
Sorry about starting a thread and then abandoning it. I fell asleep literally right after I hit send. Thought I would let sit overnight and get it in the morning. I'm still reading through the posts and trying to catch up. Very impressed with everyone so far. I have an urge to reply to almost every one. I'm in and out today but will get to this after work. I actually have a lot to say about this from Arctic drilling claims to nuclear buildup to Crimea. Wish I had the time.

Just didn't want you all to think I ran away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLH1x_SGAL4
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2016, 08:10:52 pm »

Doesn't change my statement.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2016, 09:23:34 pm »
Unfortunately, the conditions are certainly there for a new Cold (hopefully) War to take place, as Russia moves into the many areas where Obama has squandered our influence, or has failed to recognize the nature of what's at stake in places like Syria. 

The United States has no vital national security interests in Syria, there's nothing at stake there at all.  :nono:

What you're peddling is global interventionist bull crap plain and simple.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2016, 09:27:51 pm »
The United States has no vital national security interests in Syria, there's nothing at stake there at all.  :nono:

And what you're peddling is some strange amalgam of the foreign policy theories of Pat Buchanan and Barack Obama. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:28:17 pm by r9etb »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2016, 09:52:42 pm »
@r9etb

There is no talk of establishing "Old Russia". That's pure crap that was flushed down the toilet long ago. Russia,and Putin,are now fascists,not communists.

You're thinking of the USSR.  But we're suggesting that Putin is more interested in establishing something like the "Old Russia" under the Czars -- with him, of course, as the Czar.  Certainly his actions suggest something of the sort.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2016, 09:56:31 pm »

Did I fall asleep the day Congress voted to send us to Syria?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2016, 10:11:05 pm »
I keep hearing that Trump is a friend of Russia, and it is always said as if that is a terrible thing. I am only asking Why?

Why is it so terrible if Russia is a friend of our President? I would love that. I do not see the problem that the Liberal Stalinist Moeist do?

They love every Communist in history except Putin, because Putin may be a friend of Trump.

I cannot figure it out. Does the Left love Russia, or do they hate Russia? My whole life I thought the hippies were all in the Che Guevara Communist camp. I don't know?

Now, suddenly Russia is a bad thing? If Russia loves Trump, then I love him too. I do not see the problem.

Back in the USSR!
Long Live Che! Long Live Trump!
Ask Hungary and Poland **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Offline Longmire

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2016, 11:16:55 pm »
Did I fall asleep the day Congress voted to send us to Syria?

We're one misdirected air strike away from a hot war in Syria, a country in which the United States has no vital interest.

But American energy self sufficiency has 'dangerous' geopolitical consequences... :thud:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2016, 11:18:41 pm »

@geronl

Never been there,have you?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2016, 11:21:52 pm »
And what you're peddling is some strange amalgam of the foreign policy theories of Pat Buchanan and Barack Obama.

@r9etb   @Longmire

Ok,so tell us why we should give a damn about Syria,one way or another.