Author Topic: OPINION: Close the Schools  (Read 413 times)

rangerrebew

OPINION: Close the Schools
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:59:50 am »
Close the schools
Exclusive: Art Robinson, Ph.D., has way to give 'a great gift' to 50 million students
Published: 12 hours ago

At dinner recently, a friend told me that he had called Peter DeFazio’s office (15-term “progressive” congressman whom I oppose) and asked about his claims that Art Robinson is anti-education. “Oh yes,” he was told, “Robinson is definitely against education,” followed by remarks embellishing this.

“How can this be?” my friend asked. “Robinson’s six children all have college degrees in science and engineering. Five of the six have doctorates.”

“Click.” DeFazio’s man hung up on him.

I have been an educator of K-12, college, graduate and postgraduate students for most of my life. At the University of California at San Diego and Stanford, I taught undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students. After my wife’s death, when they were ages 1 and a half to 12, I taught my own children, and our family business has provided our award-winning curricula and books to more than 100,000 homeschooled and public-schooled K-12 students. We know a lot about education. I am, however, opposed to “education” as it has been transformed.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/10/close-the-schools/#XPZk0B7jg3XduGcC.99