Author Topic:  (Read 3245 times)

Offline sinkspur

« on: October 10, 2016, 12:04:29 PM »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 12:11:27 PM »
The Trumpers tend to see this election in the prism of their own bias. He has no ground game, I have yet to see a Trump commercial here in Wi although my wife stated she has seen one from an anti Hillary group, the GOP is leaving him which means no funds or support, he polls behind Clinton, he is losing key groups, and he is threatening non supporters in the party and more and more damage from his past is coming to light.

But his supporters will tell you  none of that matters. "The people are behind Trump" is the most common reply. No evidence of that. It's really a plurality of primary voters are behind Trump. That's all
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »
I think it helped him, just not enough.

The damage and baggage with Trump is just too much for most people.

Nobody wants a candidate who goes around bragging about grabbing women by their genitals.

Nobody want to see that person every day.
I am not a conservative.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 12:20:47 PM »
The Trumpers tend to see this election in the prism of their own bias. He has no ground game, I have yet to see a Trump commercial here in Wi although my wife stated she has seen one from an anti Hillary group, the GOP is leaving him which means no funds or support, he polls behind Clinton, he is losing key groups, and he is threatening non supporters in the party and more and more damage from his past is coming to light.

What's interesting, though, is that although Trump has no ground game he's still basically in the race.  Clinton's very good ground game cannot put him away.  "Ground game" doesn't seem to matter so much this time around. 

The polls, at least, and probably the election, will be decided primarily by the media circus.  Trump's definitely at a disadvantage there, but his lack of ground game doesn't seem to be hurting him all that much.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 12:23:36 PM »
What's interesting, though, is that although Trump has no ground game he's still basically in the race.  Clinton's very good ground game cannot put him away.  "Ground game" doesn't seem to matter so much this time around. 

The polls, at least, and probably the election, will be decided primarily by the media circus.  Trump's definitely at a disadvantage there, but his lack of ground game doesn't seem to be hurting him all that much.

Well, we won't know that until election day.  "Ground game" means getting people to vote.  Poll numbers are meaningless if votes aren't cast.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 12:26:29 PM »
You'd better believe any time in the next four weeks it looks like Trump is gaining ground, the Dems will just release another of the many Trump videos/audios they have on hand.
All the Trumpsters are jumping up and down about their hero's "great" victory last night. He eked out a "win" but still has so many deficits it doesn't matter. It wasn't the Trump faithful who had to be convinced, it was the many millions of undecideds who judge candidates  by more things than just one-upping someone in a "debate."
Believe it or not Trumpsters many voters judge candidates by their character. Hillary may be a conniving liar, but Trump's character reeks of a goat. (no pun intended....you won't see any goats on goat prairies. But you might trip over a rattlesnake, so be careful.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:27:44 PM by goatprairie »

Offline Emjay

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 12:27:25 PM »
I think it helped him, just not enough.

The damage and baggage with Trump is just too much for most people.

Nobody wants a candidate who goes around bragging about grabbing women by their genitals.

Nobody want to see that person every day.

I never want to see that person again.  Can someone arrange that?  Please.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »

Hillary is boring and Trump is... Trump.

At the end of the day people will prefer boring over Trump.
I am not a conservative.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 12:31:17 PM »
Nate Silver.... :silly:

sink if you don't start excerpting articles I am going to block you from posting them..I am tired of telling you!

Support the USO

Offline r9etb

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »

:silly:

Offline Frank Cannon

• Frank Cannon: "I need a drink."
    • Bum Wine
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 12:33:57 PM »

I agree. Trump has his hardcore supporters and she has hers. His seem more energized and don't care about anything else but him winning. Hitlary's seem anemic at best.

I predict a low turnout election with the winner being the one who got their walk through fire supporters out. That looks like Donny to me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 12:45:15 PM »

You were speaking of ground game.  This is ground game:

Michael McDonald ?@ElectProject  1h1 hour ago
Michael McDonald Retweeted daniel a. smith
Ground game asymmetry. In FL last month:
-Rep party submitted 117 voter reg applications
-Dem party submitted 6,920

HonestJohn

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
Needs a link.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf