Author Topic: Feds Consider Destroying 31,000 Mining Jobs…to Protect the Sage Grouse!  (Read 858 times)

rangerrebew

Feds Consider Destroying 31,000 Mining Jobs…to Protect the Sage Grouse!
21 hours ago
sage-grouse
Written by eaglerising

From the Daily Caller News Foundation:

A new report has government officials considering setting 10 million acres of across six states in the American west off limits to mining and development to protect the chicken-like Greater Sage Grouse, which is not an endangered species.

The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) report found that much of the Sage Grouse’s habitat sits on top of extremely valuable deposits of minerals including gold, copper, lithium, silver, uranium and many others. The USGS report means that the government’s most restrictive grouse protection plan could kill even more than 31,000 jobs and lead to more than $5.6 billion in reduced annual economic output, estimated by a Western Energy Alliance report.

Federal agencies have already frozen new mining claims across the 10 million acres while they do another environmental impact study.

http://eaglerising.com/37398/feds-consider-destroying-31000-mining-jobs-to-protect-the-sage-grouse/
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:28:06 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Forum member

It rained the week of season but I managed to get one on the last day. Tasty.

Offline Longmire

It rained the week of season but I managed to get one on the last day. Tasty.

I don't like the taste of environmentalist myself, the meat's too stringy.  :laugh: