Author Topic: Stagnation continues: US economy adds only 156,000 jobs in September  (Read 1019 times)

rangerrebew

Stagnation continues: US economy adds only 156,000 jobs in September
posted at 10:41 am on October 7, 2016 by Ed Morrissey

Share on Facebook
    30 SHARES

Economists had fairly low expectations from today’s jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics — but the US economy managed to miss even those weak goals. The US added only 156,000 jobs in September and the U-3 unemployment rate ticked upward to 5%, as economists predicted 176,000 for last month. The miss, and the recent pattern of stagnant reports on jobs and economic growth, sets the stage for the next presidential debate on Sunday night:

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 156,000 in September, and the unemployment rate was little changed at 5.0 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment gains occurred in professional and business services and in health care.

The unemployment rate, at 5.0 percent, and the number of unemployed persons, at 7.9 million, changed little in September. Both measures have shown little movement, on net, since August of last year. (See table A-1.)

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/10/07/stagnation-continues-us-economy-adds-156000-jobs-september/
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:13:12 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Stagnation continues: US economy adds only 156,000 jobs in September
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 05:14:09 pm »
The 156,000 is probably the result of serious massaging by the government. :whistle:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »
Nein nein nein! Ve are at full employment! Full!

Diz-missed!
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 09:04:06 pm »
So does the Fed raise or no? With a still weak recovery and the world economy still weak along with these reports and rising debt and deficits, it's going to be real tough for them to do such
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy