Author Topic: Ford Bronco [and Ranger] officially coming back, will be made in Michigan  (Read 1055 times)

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
WANT!

You can credit (or blame) Donald Trump for this one. The presidential candidate has been relentless in attacking Ford for moving jobs to Mexico throughout his campaign. Ford has fired back, both with CEO Mark Fields on CNN, and on Twitter during the first debate, citing massive investment and job growth here in the United States. And now, because of this fight, we just got confirmation that the Bronco is coming back. Whether or not it looks at all like the rendering above remains to be seen.

Ford announced earlier this year that it will add four SUVs to the lineup, and it was widely assumed the Bronco would be one of those four. The theory stems from the latest contract between the UAW and Ford, and what happens to the Michigan Assembly Plant when the Focus and C-Max production move south of the border.

[excerpted]

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-bronco-officially-coming-back-will-be-made-in-michigan/ar-BBwWa2a?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I loved my Bronco, way back when. 

Oceander

Very nice, lookswise; you can see the distinctive lines of the Bronco's hood.  In a way, though, it won't be quite the same since I doubt the new one will have quite the bare-bones design the original had.  Mudding in this one will be distinctly different from mudding in the old ones.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Made in Michigan,
Which means it will cost over $60K.